Old 08-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mason Reynolds

Hello,
I am mason and new to this forum. help me to find such new activities over here
Thaks
Old 08-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Hello All, I'm kinda new... I'm coming back after 10+ years away... lol I am looking to get back in to racing (Slowly)... I live in Old Bridge, NJ and am willing to travel 1 - 1 1/2 hours to race... I would love to race 1/18th micros indoors... As far as 1/10th... I'm not sure which way would be best to go (Offroad vs Onroad) as far as availability to run indoor in winter and outdoor in summer... I loved running my TA B4 I think it was... Also had the truck version.. T4? I'm also contemplating starting off with one of TA's Club Racer Kits...
Thoughts...?

Any information would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey, I'm new here. Looking at picking up my first proper RC car so thought I'd join up for some pre and post purchase advice!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stu.artd
Hey, I'm new here. Looking at picking up my first proper RC car so thought I'd join up for some pre and post purchase advice!
Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all, Tony here.

Got really sucked into this. Years ago I got an RC helicopter. Smashed it a few times, repaired it, smashed & repaired, realized I wasn't figuring it out. Man, flying a helicopter, even in the garage, is tough! A few months ago I decided a plane might be fun, so I went to a hobby store to check things out and came back with a Dromida MT 4.18 (brushed). Thought it could be fun to introduce the kids (2 years & 4 years) to the hobby.

Ended up dropping another few hundred on upgrades for the truck and realized how much I'm really enjoying the hobby. After talking with one of the guys at work, he pointed me here, and here I am. I was trying to figure out if I should get a racer/buggy or a basher ala Traxxas. After talking with this guy at work (a racer), I'm thinking a basher for me for now but now I'm torn: Traxxas or Arrma.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello to all, I donít know how I stumbled across this forum. I am glad I found it, as many before me I too have been away for a loooooong time. Great forum, great info, looking forward to being a part of it.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Welcome!
Old 08-24-2018, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi RcTech forums! Nice place you have here. Been reading quite a bit about setting up a car as if like to finally after more than ten years of RC, get involved in racing a 2wd buggy. Figure it's the best way besides Mini-Z to still go RCing during the winter. Look forward to all the good information here!
Old 08-28-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

New old guy returning to RC. I had a Tamiya Hornet when I was a kid in the 80's. Recently took my 7 year old son to a store with an small outdoor RC track and car rentals - he had a great time and I bought us a Redcat Cyclone 2wd buggy. Currently shopping for a second car for daddy, considering an MST RMX 2.0 drift car.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Freddybnj_2004
Hello All, I'm kinda new... I'm coming back after 10+ years away... lol I am looking to get back in to racing (Slowly)... I live in Old Bridge, NJ and am willing to travel 1 - 1 1/2 hours to race... I would love to race 1/18th micros indoors... As far as 1/10th... I'm not sure which way would be best to go (Offroad vs Onroad) as far as availability to run indoor in winter and outdoor in summer... I loved running my TA B4 I think it was... Also had the truck version.. T4? I'm also contemplating starting off with one of TA's Club Racer Kits...
Thoughts...?

Any information would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.
welcome it might be a bit further than you want to go but have you checked out dirt runners up in jefferson
Old 08-31-2018, 02:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Guys I'm new but old, Was really surprised to see my account on this forum still active after so many years. I was mainly into nitro 1/10 onroad in the early 2000s, in my teens. I shifted from RC into real cars and continued my obsession, restoring and modifying cars. In my spare time I enjoy full size drifting and have slowly started to get back in to RC in the last few months. At this stage I'm reliving my teen years and replacing the old nitro 1/10s I had back then. So far my collection is ;

Kyosho V one S
Kyosho V one RRR
3x Ofna OB4 nitros
Kyosho Blizzard Nitro

Matt
Old 08-31-2018, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You have a Kyosho Blizzard Nitro? how does it drive? It has been on my list on my list of RC to get. I have the newer version that uses 2 370 motors, pretty fun rc.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser
You have a Kyosho Blizzard Nitro? how does it drive? It has been on my list on my list of RC to get. I have the newer version that uses 2 370 motors, pretty fun rc.
the nitro blizzard is a pretty cool thing! Drives well! I would like to get an original EP version also. Itís just something I have always wanted so I got one, they are pretty hard to find now !
Old 09-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Tech Rookie

New member with a new Tenacity MT. I'm new to brushless electrics but not the hobby as I have a couple Traxxas nitro rigs.
Thus far the MT hasn't seen many upgrades, yet. Only exception was retrofitting the body from the T-maxx, hence the extra holes. Currently running on 2s packs and been happy with run-times. Has handled the abuse encountered like a champ. Was initially worried about the shock caps but no issues with them yet.

Wish list:
Geared for more torque, improve crawling ability
New front bumper
Wheels/tires for street brawling
Maybe a 3s pack
Slightly stiffer springs, but will try a heavier shock oil first
Old 09-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello

Just wanted to say Hello and unlock being able to post pictures in the forum . Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.