Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

You are joking right?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
I agree that bylaws change should be over turned unless they have proof it happen inthe fall like they said.

here's is a direct quote I got from Fred condernng the minutes.

"There were no minutes from that meeting. Only the March meeting is the official meeting of the corporation. We usually keep minutes of the fall meeting anyway, but I was unable to attend so did not take any."

What the hell is the secretaries job?
homer,
does it state in the rules that minutes must be taken for any "offical" change to be made?(just a question thats all,i really want the answer)if so then they have a mess on their hands....again.
steven
Old 07-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Thumbs down

Here's something that needs to be changed:

Only elected ROAR officials should be the one's voting on any rule or by-law changes. The results of those votes (the yays and nays) MUST be made public. This is no different than any votes taken in Congress.

The membership should know how their elected officials voted. Anyone who was NOT elected should not have a vote, because there's no accountability to anyone! I feel the Regional Directors have more of a right to vote than some of the people on the ExComm, because they're the ones that have to answer to their members!

If the people don't like the job being done by the officials, they can vote them out. However, it seems some of the voting officers won't ever have to worry about that.

Lastly, if there are no minutes from this October meeting, those rule changes need to be nullified.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Steven no it doesn't say that.

If anyone wants a copy of the bylaws speak up. I'll sent them your way.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

send them here: [email protected]
Old 07-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

On the way.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

handyrandyrc at gmail dot com

I'd like to take a look too!
Old 07-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

I wonder if this change was made immediately following Gabe's presidential bid?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Steven no it doesn't say that.

If anyone wants a copy of the bylaws speak up. I'll sent them your way.
so tell me this then,whats the problem?
if they dont have to take minutes to make changes what is the problem with that?
from reading the posts here and other threads,fourms you make it seem like something shady is going on.if all i did was get bombarded with accusations and accused of making shady deals or pacts or whatever other conspiracy theory you have id quit answering your questions to.
makes sense doesnt it? it goes back to another thread when someone said if it doesnt fit your agenda then it must be against you.
steven
Old 07-29-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Yes it was. And seems also designed to keep other people who may challenge the way ROAR has been run and want to change things from running, ie Ernie Provetti.

I just read through the entire by-laws and it is pretty disturbing to me. The Ex-comm is the only group that can remove the President or Vice president. The ex-comm vacancies are filled by the residing president and confrmed by the Ex-Comm. Seems like the buddy system to me. Also, the Commitee chairs are filled by the president and then the commitee filled by the chair. So basically the President has influence over every committee.

Now with the by-law revisions that allegedly were voted on in October by the Ex-Comm, the only people that the membership has any control over running for President or Vice President, are the voted in Region Directors.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

homer,
please dont take the last post in the wrong way im not defending ROAR,i like you think it is broke but how is it helping by attacking the very people that hold the power?i hope you get nominated and run against rick or anyone else but i will tell you this you better hide those skeletons real good because everybodys got them and no one is perfect and we all make mistakes.

i believe drastic change is needed we dont need to take baby steps we need olympic class leaps,i think if ROAR isnt careful the pro series is going to roll right over them.
steven
Old 07-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Basically ROAR is set up and run on the Patronage system.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Yes it was. And seems also designed to keep other people who may challenge the way ROAR has been run and want to change things from running, ie Ernie Provetti.

I just read through the entire by-laws and it is pretty disturbing to me. The Ex-comm is the only group that can remove the President or Vice president. The ex-comm vacancies are filled by the residing president and confrmed by the Ex-Comm. Seems like the buddy system to me. Also, the Commitee chairs are filled by the president and then the commitee filled by the chair. So basically the President has influence over every committee.

Now with the by-law revisions that allegedly were voted on in October by the Ex-Comm, the only people that the membership has any control over running for President or Vice President, are the voted in Region Directors.
wow...now that is disturbing to me,ok this one is for rick or dawn why is it setup this way? what need did you have that it must be done this way?
steven
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
if they dont have to take minutes to make changes what is the problem with that?
The problem is accountability to the members. Every single board I have ever seen in action keeps minutes of meetings, especially when voting is going on. This is to show how the issue was brought up, discussion of the issue, and who voted which way. It also proves that a vote happened and the president doesnt just tell his buddies on the board, "FYI, im going to change this by-law to this".
Old 07-29-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Basically ROAR is set up and run on the Patronage system.
that makes me think of it as a club not an org.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.