Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More ROAR questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default More ROAR questions

When is the nominations due for the Vice Presidents job?

What are the proper procedures for nominating some one?

Will there be online voting for this up coming election?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Homer,

I do not know the dealine for nominations, but the nomination form will be in the next Rev-Up. Then the following Rev-Up should contain the ballot. I think the ballot counting will be in the early part of November if I remember correctly.

The most important part of the election is to vote. As you are aware, many many members just don't vote. Also, there are elections that go uncontested. The more involvement there is, the better off we all are.

As far as the online voting and digital ballots, I have not heard that this will be accepted. So, count on 1 original paper ballot per vote.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the help Chris. Maybe Rick or Dawn came stop in the fill in the blanks. Rick or Dawn I'll wait for your response before I ask another question as to not confuse the present issue. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default answers

Chris did a fine job on this.

Nominations will come up in the next RevUp. Nomination forms will be in there as well

There will not be online voting yet for this election. Issues to deal with de-duping people so they can not vote online and by mail and have votes counted twice are being dealt with to establish a clean and valid process before we go to a system everyone disbelieves due to possible process errors.

Once we go to online voting the system will be tested and retested and verified before we use it. I work in this industry (online market research) in the industry a certain level of error is accepted and adjusted for. For our voting this must be 100% correct with zero level of error. I know the ways people can try to manipulate the system and there are definately ways to try to trick the sytem. These loopholes must be closed before this is used for our voting process.

Rick
Old 07-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

What are the requirements for running for ROAR office?

What is the VP's job description?

How many weeks before election will the ballots show up in REV up

Can we get them in the REV that is maybe 3-4 months before the election?8

So at would be now.

It seems there is little time between nomimations, ballots and results.
Do you think the time frame should be extended a bit to get the word out?
Old 07-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default answers

1. As Dawn said the exact wording of requirements to run will be in the next RevUp.

2. The nominations will be in the next revup, the ballots in the following RevUp

3. VP duties:

The Vice President will perform all duties and exercise all powers of the
President when the President is absent or otherwise unable to act. The Vice President will perform such other duties as directed by the Executive Committee or the President.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Rick it would be nice to know the requirements now, not when the game is almost over. If Dawn knows the exact wording, can you have her post it or email it to me?

Where can I find these requirements other than up coming Rev Up?

Thanks man!
Old 07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
If Dawn knows the exact wording, can you have her post it or email it to me?

Where can I find these requirements other than up coming Rev Up?

Homer, as I mentioned yesterday, the wording will be on the website in a few days and I just checked, its there now. Click on "news".

http://www.roarracing.com/news/index.htm
Old 07-28-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Let me get this straight. You made a decision on this in October of 2004. Now since Lisa and I have expressed an interest in office you bring this to light. This is absolutely absurd.

So according to your rules there is like maybe 15 people in the entire country that can run for office. You have shut everyone else out. Thats good you may have shut Lisa out of the VP spot this year, but you will not cut me out of the Presidents spot next year. Nice work!

Oh did I say 9 months for this to come up and only when I ask about it, it comes up. Conspriacy theorists enjoy!
Old 07-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Rick where can the minutes from the 2004 exec comm meeting be read?

Randy Holst you are the secretary and a moderator of this forum, so I know you read. Do you have the minutes from the exec comm meeting that adopted these new rules?

I'm sure in order to have by laws changed they must be recorded. You can't just say we changed something 9 months ago and now we are just telling you. Why was gabe allowed to run after the ex comm by laws change? The meeting was in Ex comm meeting was October when these changes supposedly took place The election was in November, yet gabe was allowed to run. Gabe didn't meet thta criteria.

Explain.

You've opened a can of worms on this one. You better have those I's dotted and T's crossed.

now where's those minutes?
Old 07-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Why was gabe allowed to run after the ex comm by laws change? The meeting was in Ex comm meeting was October when these changes supposedly took place The election was in November, yet gabe was allowed to run. Gabe didn't meet thta criteria.
Gabe Boudreau's nomination was in September. Before the fall meeting of the Excomm.

You will need to contact Fred Hohwart for the meeting minutes at [email protected] as he is the ROAR administrator. And, I believe the minutes were published in the following RevUp.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

I don't guess you have a copy of that rev up with the changes would you?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Don't changes from October meeting go into effect the next calender year?

That is what I understood...
Old 07-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Lisa had a conversation with Fred today. Fred promised to email the bylaws upon request. A few hours later I haven't got anything. I guess it takes a while for the ink to dry,

Anyways........

Rick am I eligible to run for VP.
I was an assistant regional director for over two years. Read any rev up. I was also on a ROAR committee last year.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Sean just last night while asking me to do unspeakable things to your private areas. You were spouting off about no not anything about the ex comm meeting. Now today you have an understand of how things work.

Why are we just now finding out about these changes. Fred had his reasons as to why the late notice. Lets hear from Dawn and Rick on this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.