Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More ROAR questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

"The President and Vice President must have been a member in good standing for a year prior to election. Each must have had at least one year experience in one of the following prior to being nominated for office: Region Director, Class Committee Member, Executive Committee Member."

That is a pretty good way of protecting the status quo. Not sure if I can agree with this by-law change. Is there any recourse as a member to have a by-law removed or changed?
Old 07-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

I've again requested the minutes, bylaws and rev ups from Fred. I hope he get's it this time.

With the new rules inplace ,that makes maybe 8-10 out of 6000 members that are eligible for President or VP. This is not the way it's suppose to work.

How can you say that a trackowner who has run races for 15 years, held mulitlple state, regional and, national ROAR races that you do not have the experinece necessary.

Protecting your own interests is a conflict of interest.

I can't wait for the by laws.........
Old 07-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

8-10, come on Homer, there are 4 or 5 committees, each has what 3-5 members on each(if they are full), then there are how many regions with directors, then on top of that all those on the executive committee can run, that is way more than just 10. I understand your point of saying not too many people are eligable. But would you vote for someone for President of the US position without having some sort of political or military(4 star or 5 star rank in the military) back ground?

Whether it is viewed as right or wrong, I think it is somethign that needs to be there, I would not want someone who just joined ROAR to run for president and get elected into that position without having any idea as to what he is getting into. Otherwise you could nominate a 12 year old kid into those positions, well still could if he held any of those positions listed. Even states, and the government has restrictions on who can run and be elected into certain positions like president and most judges. It does seem odd that these restrictions were approved last october, and since no one cared then, and now that it affects someone now, that they are being concidered as harsh.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

who counts the votes after they are cast?
Old 07-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Regardless of who is nominated, they would still need to be voted in by the membership. From some of the issues that I have heard about on this forum about some of the regional directors, I would hesitate to vote any of them in except maybe one or two. The excomm, isn't this group hand picked by the current president?
Old 07-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

They are hand picked. You certainly do not think Dawn was voted in by the membership.

Tol what can I say.....

Tough questions no answers again.

This same group had plenty of time to join in on the petition to rid me of racing, but can't come out to answer some questions about OUR org.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
Chad,

Fred receives the ballots. While I am not 100% certain, I would bet that Fred counts them. I know for sure that he is the first one that has the talley.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

6 :17 am and I haven't recieved my bylaws as promised by Fred. I guess the ink is still drying.

You guys should be ashamed of what you are making Fred do.

Once the news of the new bylaws hit. the exec com disappeares from the scene, you tell me.........
Old 07-29-2005, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
lets hope it's not done in Florida!
Old 07-29-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Our current vice president just made up the results of the A-main of the fuel touring car nationals. Does that keep him in " good standing "? If I'm a region director, and haven't done crap for two years, am I in "good standing"? I got a novel idea, lets get someone that actually cares about what they are doing.As a member of ROAR for almost 20 years, this is looking more like the early 90s. Why don't ROAR actually ask people what they would like to see in people that hold these positions? When you take ideas from just a few people,there is a greater chance of not getting a good one.If you ask everyone involved,there is a greater chance of getting the idea that makes the most people happy. If that is something the current "Powers" want.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:07 AM
Tech Elite

Wardo can you explain the made up results thing you were referring to? What happened?

ROAR has alot of explaining to do, again, on this one. I can wait for the western "powers" to wake.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

This is communisum at it's best.

If you think that bylaw change will make us go away you are wrong. This will only drag out the inevidentable for another few years.

Are you guys really that threatened that you had to pull out an eleventh hour bylaw change. I feel honored.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

It's not weather I can explain, it's weather they can. And so far they haven't. If you go to JLAP, you will notice there are no lap times posted.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Wardo it was nice talking with you on the phone. thanks for explaining.

What I want to know is where was the scoring line video camera. I know I made sure I had that set up when I did the ROAR nats, as per ROAR rules.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Fred has made contact, with the bylaws. The file was created and modifed today of all things. Fred has also informed me that there were no minutes kept from the 2004 meeting in which the bylaws were revised. Can you believe it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.