Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More ROAR questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

One thing I think should be added to the by-laws, is if anyone on the excomm is affiliated directly to a track, their track becomes in elligable to host any mahjor ROAR races, regional level down are ok, but any level 4 race will not be allowed at that facility. I wonder if they added this rule to the by laws that Homer would run for president or VP?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
The problem is accountability to the members. Every single board I have ever seen in action keeps minutes of meetings, especially when voting is going on. This is to show how the issue was brought up, discussion of the issue, and who voted which way. It also proves that a vote happened and the president doesnt just tell his buddies on the board, "FYI, im going to change this by-law to this".
then tell me why its an issue now? if its been done this way before he is just using it to fit his argument no?

if what your telling me is every meeting before this ONE was recorded and not this one then i agree wholeheartly.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

To me its an issue now because this is the first I have heard of it. If this is standard policy it needs to be changed, if it is not, all decisions voted on at that meeting need to be nullified since proper protocol was not followed.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
then tell me why its an issue now? if its been done this way before he is just using it to fit his argument no?

if what your telling me is every meeting before this ONE was recorded and not this one then i agree wholeheartly.

This was a post from Freds email to Homer earlier:

"There were no minutes from that meeting. Only the March meeting is the official meeting of the corporation. We usually keep minutes of the fall meeting anyway, but I was unable to attend so did not take any."
Old 07-29-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
To me its an issue now because this is the first I have heard of it. If this is standard policy it needs to be changed, if it is not, all decisions voted on at that meeting need to be nullified since proper protocol was not followed.
but homer just said that the policy to date does not require that, wether you feel it should be null and void is irrelivant,but i do agree that it needs to be changed.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jjkahler
This was a post from Freds email to Homer earlier:

"There were no minutes from that meeting. Only the March meeting is the official meeting of the corporation. We usually keep minutes of the fall meeting anyway, but I was unable to attend so did not take any."
yes i read that but it sounds like the only ones minutes are taken is the official meeting not the fall one.is he to blame because he did not attend?
Old 07-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

This sounds like a nasty HOA. Ever been in a bad Homeowner's Association? My old HOA has BATTLES at the meetings. Eventually they started having secret meetings and not inviting the homeowners (against rules). Also adopted new rules to give the President and other higher-ups more power to keep themselves in office, and keep others out. We had people siphoning funds from our dues, we had executives hiring friends and family to do work on the grounds, doing favors for "favorite" members in the association (letting rules slid), then enforcing rules HARD on those they didn't like.

It was such a mess, I bet a dozen people put their condos up for sale within a few month's time. We got out as well. It was best left behind. It became corrupted and we were unable to deal with them anymore in a reasonable and logical way.

Randy
Old 07-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Tol you need a copy of the by laws. In them it mentions how a trackowner should be on the Ex com.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Randy sorry but I must quote you from Trinity on this one. Dawn I'm calling you out of hiding on this one. What is up with this quote below. It's not good enough that you have to pull a last minute deal but you have to brag about it to Randy.

Here is the quote.

"I didn't save my conversation, but I chatted with Dawn last week. I can't quote her for truth, since I don't save my chat logs, but her comment was something to the effect of, "Well, Homer and Lisa are going to be upset when they hear about the rule change." "Don't tell them that the rules were changed." "I want them to see it in the Rev-UP that comes out." I found out about the rule change probably more than a week ago from Dawn's mouth (well, via IM chat.) She sounded giddy to stomp on Homer and Lisa's parade."

ROAR members does this sound like a personn who's best interest is in the membership or herself?

I as a ROAR member call for the immediate removal if Dawn!

I as a ROAR member call for a vote of confidence for every member of the ex com
Can I get a hell yeah?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Randy sorry but I must quote you from Trinity on this one. Dawn I'm calling you out of hiding on this one. What is up with this quote below. It's not good enough that you have to pull a last minute deal but you have to brag about it to Randy.

Here is the quote.

"I didn't save my conversation, but I chatted with Dawn last week. I can't quote her for truth, since I don't save my chat logs, but her comment was something to the effect of, "Well, Homer and Lisa are going to be upset when they hear about the rule change." "Don't tell them that the rules were changed." "I want them to see it in the Rev-UP that comes out." I found out about the rule change probably more than a week ago from Dawn's mouth (well, via IM chat.) She sounded giddy to stomp on Homer and Lisa's parade."

ROAR members does this sound like a personn who's best interest is in the membership or herself?

I as a ROAR member call for the immediate removal if Dawn!

I as a ROAR member call for a vote of confidence for every member of the ex com
Can I get a hell yeah?
homer,
are they required to tell you and only you the moment the rule changes? or does it have to be printed up in the rev up?
if so it sounds as if they have done nothing wrong from reading these posts it wouldnt take a rocket scientist to figure out that you would the first one upset about this.
steven
Old 07-29-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Steven I think they should be required to let the membership know in a timely manner.

You have seen a quote from another dude stating what Dawn told him. This quote did not come from me. You tell me what she said in that quote about Lisa and I is fair an unbiased. If it is, I will go away and never return.

looks like I'll be staying a while longer
Old 07-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

No, I don't think they need to tell just Homer. But I think they need to tell everyone in the membership. Don't announce it just before the nomination forms go out (or attached to the nomination forms in RevUp....) If you didn't like the run for Presidency last time around, and made a rule change, let everyone know about it when it's changed. My thoughts. But again, it's not my organization, so what do I know?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

By the way, this is some good drama. I'm sitting in suspense here...
Old 07-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Homer Allman
Steven I think they should be required to let the membership know in a timely manner.

You have seen a quote from another dude stating what Dawn told him. This quote did not come from me. You tell me what she said in that quote about Lisa and I is fair an unbiased. If it is, I will go away and never return.

looks like I'll be staying a while longer
homer,
do you know when the change was made? from your own earlier statements you were kicked off the committee doesnt this now make you biased towards them?
Old 07-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

i was not kicked off of the bylaws deciding committee. So Imust say no.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.