Like Tree85Likes

Tekin Servos

Old 02-14-2018, 10:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaistas View Post
It probably goes ignored because, instead of actually being interested in teh product, you only seem intent on internet arguing. You practically hijacked the other Tekin servo thread.

I'm following this thread because I'm extremely interested in the product, and will order one the day I see one finally in stock. If you're not interested, just move on man.
lol ok. Do you really think I'm not interested? I run a tekin speed control because they are one of the better ones. I'm also interested in the features these servos will offer thru the hotwire. Like Tekin prez said, limiting travel within the servo and not the radio is pretty good idea.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Krio View Post
I agree it would be valuable, but it would probably be mis-used. I'm willing to bet it is less than 4,096, so that would make people compare two numbers that don't actually mean the same thing and come to the conclusion that the analog servo was more accurate. Servo companies could jump from a 12 bit processor to a 16 bit and claim a resolution of 65,535 all without changing the sensor itself.

My money would be on 1,024 as the resolution. It's a common resolution for sensors of that size and the fact Tekin claims an accuracy of less than +/- 0.2 degrees, that checks out. If it was exactly +/- 0.2 degrees, then 360 divided by .4 is 900. If we add in the 'less than' part and divide 360 by .35 we arrive right at 1,028. Basically right smack dab on a 10 bit resolution of 1,024.
lol.

so your saying 12 bit over 360 is better than 12 bit over 180

.2 degrees of deviation from start point to end point make Tekin the superior performance product.
.2 +/- for deviation from goal point over a range of motion. Not the same as the bolded part of your statement.

Edit: I'm just interested in the resolution, I really like the software features but would like this to compare to other servos.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 154 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals View Post
lol.

I have no clue how you got that from what I typed.

I give up. Again.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Krio View Post
I have no clue how you got that from what I typed.

I give up. Again.
10 bit over 360 of travel

10 bit over 180 of travel

Anyways, after emailing Tekin support. They stated its .01 degree, which is pretty damn fantastic. I'm for sure gonna pick one of these up.

Last edited by Darkgenerals; 02-14-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: reasons
Old 02-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kaistas View Post
It probably goes ignored because, instead of actually being interested in teh product, you only seem intent on internet arguing. You practically hijacked the other Tekin servo thread.

I'm following this thread because I'm extremely interested in the product, and will order one the day I see one finally in stock. If you're not interested, just move on man.
^5 i agree...
Old 02-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

are these things ever going to start shipping??
tbrymer likes this.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

lol.

.2 +/- for deviation from goal point over a range of motion. Not the same as the bolded part of your statement.

Edit: I'm just interested in the resolution, I really like the software features but would like this to compare to other servos.
Just a heads up there are other programmable servos on the market. Hell sanwa makes one you can adjust from the radio no need for hot wire. Have a look at the SSL servos thats if you have a code 10 sanwa radio.

Ps Im looking into the Tekin servo just pointing out there are other options when it comes to programming
Old 02-15-2018, 06:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tobey457 View Post
are these things ever going to start shipping??
Support told me in an email about 1 to 2 weeks they should be selling them. Not sure how true, they have been saying that for a few weeks already

Originally Posted by buggybattle View Post
Just a heads up there are other programmable servos on the market. Hell sanwa makes one you can adjust from the radio no need for hot wire. Have a look at the SSL servos thats if you have a code 10 sanwa radio.

Ps Im looking into the Tekin servo just pointing out there are other options when it comes to programming
Agreed, I just happen to already have a hotwire. I do love how you have to qualify your response with the ps part. Lest tekin fans grab the pitch forks.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Support told me in an email about 1 to 2 weeks they should be selling them. Not sure how true, they have been saying that for a few weeks already

Agreed, I just happen to already have a hotwire. I do love how you have to qualify your response with the ps part. Lest tekin fans grab the pitch forks.
Well its true. This Tekin servo sounds amazing on paper so once real people start using it I will make my decision
Old 02-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buggybattle View Post
Well its true. This Tekin servo sounds amazing on paper so once real people start using it I will make my decision
Agreed, I'm looking forward to their release.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Are these shipping? I see tqracing says they are selling and not just pre order? Is this true?

I've never ordered from tqrqcing but I want one of the 120 speed servos.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:52 PM
Team Tekin

The entire team have just placed their orders and shipments will begin going out the door shortly to the typical distribution channels.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
The entire team have just placed their orders and shipments will begin going out the door shortly to the typical distribution channels.
So tqracing showing them as purchasable is correct. Oh man, looks like i won't be ordering the aluminum chassis for my car after all

Edit: welp TQracing is back to preorder. They must have put up the order option in error.

Last edited by Darkgenerals; 02-24-2018 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Team Tekin

Krio - You are right that we are careful with technical information because people do not always compare it correctly to what other brands claim. Many of the claims in RC are bit suspicious like battery C ratings and as we have learned recently servo specs...

The magnetic encoder is 16 bit which is an insane amount of information. The real key is the control the loop. How the motor is controlled based on that information is what gives accuracy, resolution and repeatability in the end.

We are not claiming to be the first to use this technology, but we do think we have done an excellent job of getting the most from it. We have combined it with a high quality housings that holds the precision gears in place accurately and a very good motor which all adds up to a very nice servo with industry leading support behind it.
1M, Randy_Pike, oldernoob and 1 others like this.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Amain shows these as being in stock today. Use with their March coupons to get $15 off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service