Like Tree79Likes

Tekin Servos

Old 01-31-2018, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
We're good on SHR but SSR is an actual signal shift that Sanwa uses. If you read the M12s manual SSR is only for their own SGR servos.

This is the main reason why I can't switch, I run Futaba S9373SV with my 7PX which allows me to use the SR mode, switching to Tekin Servos would eliminate that capability.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

Is this servo worth losing ssr over ? Will it be worth it for a so so driver or will only the pros notice ...
Old 02-01-2018, 03:07 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by grabbem88 View Post
So whatís the street price then? are we going get inconsistencies or is better to just order direct?

Warranty?
Street price will vary pending order discounts offered and free shipping on some sites or buying from a dealer. We sell for the same price to everyone and let the market decide.

We do not sell direct, other than softgood, discontinued items and scratch and dent on our cart. We prefer you buy from one of our dealers where you can make a friend and get some support if needed.

Servo are warrantied for manufacturer defects for 1 yr.

Originally Posted by buggybattle View Post
Is this servo worth losing ssr over ? Will it be worth it for a so so driver or will only the pros notice ...
Not sure we really see the advantage in RC cars of SSR mode or any of the narrow band special modes many of the brands offer other than it only works with their products. Maybe in 4d helicopters with ninja pilots.

It is narrower band so they can send a signal more often, every 1ms, but the SHR mode is not exactly slow at 2.6ms. Normal bands in most radios are sending signals every 3 to 10ms which is plenty fast for RC car steering.

Inside secret... many top level onroad drivers actually turn the signal rate down to make the steering wiggle less due to constant correction down the straight and scrub speed.

That narrow band also means less resolution, less steps. This brings up another advantage of the technology in the Tekin servos. You can program the endpoints so you do not have to turn down the EPA in the radio to the 40 to 60 range. Most servos are set to travel 60deg each way with full radio signal range and most cars only need about 30deg of servo travel so you reduce the EPA to about half. If you set the endpoints in your car with our Hotwire program you can leave your EPA settings at 100 and have the full signal range for better resolution.

You can actually set our servos to travel more than 60deg. They have no physical stops because of no potentiometer and can travel a full 360 degrees. In fact they can travel up to 5 rotations both directions and be used for other applications than just steering.

These servos are truly different and innovative. Considering all the options available in the market it would not have made sense otherwise to offer them under the Tekin brand.

Not sure you have to be a pro to notice, but if you are just bouncing off the pipes you may not see the difference. Then again maybe some of those mistakes are not really you and more due to inconsistent servo response...

A few of our team drivers initial comments below.

"The first time i ran this servo (T-120) was amazing, i have never felt more in-tuned with the servo."

" Not sure how to explain it other than it just feels more connected. I do not have to counter steer in difficult sections and it does not seem to overshoot. I also do not have to trim the center each run unless I bang the pipe and actually move the linkage."
Old 02-01-2018, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post

It is narrower band so they can send a signal more often, every 1ms, but the SHR mode is not exactly slow at 2.6ms. Normal bands in most radios are sending signals every 3 to 10ms which is plenty fast for RC car steering.

Inside secret... many top level onroad drivers actually turn the signal rate down to make the steering wiggle less due to constant correction down the straight and scrub speed.

That narrow band also means less resolution, less steps. This brings up another advantage of the technology in the Tekin servos. You can program the endpoints so you do not have to turn down the EPA in the radio to the 40 to 60 range. Most servos are set to travel 60deg each way with full radio signal range and most cars only need about 30deg of servo travel so you reduce the EPA to about half. If you set the endpoints in your car with our Hotwire program you can leave your EPA settings at 100 and have the full signal range for better resolution.

You can actually set our servos to travel more than 60deg. They have no physical stops because of no potentiometer and can travel a full 360 degrees. In fact they can travel up to 5 rotations both directions and be used for other applications than just steering.

"
What is the resolution of the Tekin servos?

On a side note: I said the same thing as your team drivers when I switched to a better radio.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
Street price will vary pending order discounts offered and free shipping on some sites or buying from a dealer. We sell for the same price to everyone and let the market decide.

We do not sell direct, other than softgood, discontinued items and scratch and dent on our cart. We prefer you buy from one of our dealers where you can make a friend and get some support if needed.

Servo are warrantied for manufacturer defects for 1 yr.

Not sure we really see the advantage in RC cars of SSR mode or any of the narrow band special modes many of the brands offer other than it only works with their products. Maybe in 4d helicopters with ninja pilots.

These servos are truly different and innovative. Considering all the options available in the market it would not have made sense otherwise to offer them under the Tekin brand.

Not sure you have to be a pro to notice, but if you are just bouncing off the pipes you may not see the difference. Then again maybe some of those mistakes are not really you and more due to inconsistent servo response...

A few of our team drivers initial comments below.

"The first time i ran this servo (T-120) was amazing, i have never felt more in-tuned with the servo."

" Not sure how to explain it other than it just feels more connected. I do not have to counter steer in difficult sections and it does not seem to overshoot. I also do not have to trim the center each run unless I bang the pipe and actually move the linkage."
Thanks for the info ! Maybe I will give it a try
Old 02-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

Any news on when these Servos might ship to hobby shops / distributors? Iíve had one on pre-order for close to two months!
Old 02-06-2018, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Who are the team drivers using them?
Old 02-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

What's the resolution of these servos?
Old 02-13-2018, 09:30 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
Who are the team drivers using them?
JR Mitch, Chris Wheeler, Martin Harrison, Mike Gee, Mike Toth, Travis Brock at SDRC and a few others besides myself.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Have any of these servos been delivered to a hobby shops?
Old 02-14-2018, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
JR Mitch, Chris Wheeler, Martin Harrison, Mike Gee, Mike Toth, Travis Brock at SDRC and a few others besides myself.
I noticed Tekin routinely state these servos will have
industry-leading Accuracy
This is stated several times on your Facebook announcement, can any one at Tekin give us something so we can compare to other manufacturers?

Tekin Prez kinda alludes to this several post back, but so far both times asking what the resolution is goes ignored. If Tekin's accuracy is "industry-leading" then telling us the resolution over 360 degree sweep should be no problem.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 152 (99%+)

Resolution is not the same as accuracy. As an analog position sensor, a potentiometer itself has infinite resolution. The resolution that companies list comes from the processor (10-bit for 1,024 and 12-bit for 4,096), but that doesn't change the fact that a potentiometer will provide different readings for the same position if the temperature changes. Digital position sensors like magnetic encoders don't change with temperature, thus they are more accurate no matter how much the conditions change.

Tekin has listed +/- less than 0.2 degrees as the accuracy of the servos. I would be more interested in Tekin releasing the accuracy of the other servos they measured for comparison.

Last edited by Krio; 02-14-2018 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Bit resolution was mis-labeled
Old 02-14-2018, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals View Post
I noticed Tekin routinely state these servos will have This is stated several times on your Facebook announcement, can any one at Tekin give us something so we can compare to other manufacturers?

Tekin Prez kinda alludes to this several post back, but so far both times asking what the resolution is goes ignored. If Tekin's accuracy is "industry-leading" then telling us the resolution over 360 degree sweep should be no problem.
It probably goes ignored because, instead of actually being interested in teh product, you only seem intent on internet arguing. You practically hijacked the other Tekin servo thread.

I'm following this thread because I'm extremely interested in the product, and will order one the day I see one finally in stock. If you're not interested, just move on man.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I agree with everything you just said except that it could be valuable to the consumer if answered.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 152 (99%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
I agree with everything you just said except that it could be valuable to the consumer if answered.
I agree it would be valuable, but it would probably be mis-used. I'm willing to bet it is less than 4,096, so that would make people compare two numbers that don't actually mean the same thing and come to the conclusion that the analog servo was more accurate. Servo companies could jump from a 12 bit processor to a 16 bit and claim a resolution of 65,535 all without changing the sensor itself.

My money would be on 1,024 as the resolution. It's a common resolution for sensors of that size and the fact Tekin claims an accuracy of less than +/- 0.2 degrees, that checks out. If it was exactly +/- 0.2 degrees, then 360 divided by .4 is 900. If we add in the 'less than' part and divide 360 by .35 we arrive right at 1,028. Basically right smack dab on a 10 bit resolution of 1,024.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service