Like Tree65Likes

Tekin Rx8 Gen3 Thread

Reply

Old 03-25-2017, 09:44 PM
  #61  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Hotwire 3.0

So what's the word on the Hotwire 3.0?
NoobRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:31 AM
  #62  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NoobRacer View Post
So what's the word on the Hotwire 3.0?
Nothing?
NoobRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:41 PM
  #63  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
criss2115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 267
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Word?

Originally Posted by criss2115 View Post
Still waiting on iOS app and Bluetooth connectivity. Any planned release date?
Word?

criss2115 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:48 AM
  #64  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by criss2115 View Post
Word?

What he said ^^^
NoobRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 02:20 PM
  #65  
Tech Regular
 
Mopar2Ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 357
Default

I may have over looked this, but does HW 2.0 work until HW 3.0 is released(PC)?
Mopar2Ya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 PM
  #66  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 110
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
Thank you ! We really do put out heart and soul into these products and consider every customer part of our family. We are one of the few companies left that is family owned and operated and really designs the products that keep the technology moving forward instead of just picking a color...

The HW3.0 with Blue tooth is very close.... We have had a few unexpected delays.
How close? Like April close or ... Q4 2017 close? And will it work with on iOS and also with Gen 2 ESCs?

Thanks
CaptSlow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:57 PM
  #67  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 476
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mopar2Ya View Post
I may have over looked this, but does HW 2.0 work until HW 3.0 is released(PC)?
Yes, I'm using the 2.0 with the gen 3 right now.
NoobRacer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:21 AM
  #68  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I'm working on some updated info guys. We know this is a big deal for you all and you're looking for info.

Stay tuned.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:30 PM
  #69  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: oregon
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Just wanted to hop in say say that I've never used padded tape under my rx8's or gen 2 rx8's. I use the 3 screw holes. I've never broken a single esc. I also know how to solder and drive though. If I broke chassis braces, a servo and my esc in one race I would retire.

My single complaint would be a better switch housing. I use the single screw side mount but the plastic is thin and gives up eventually. Switch works fine though.

Last edited by streetsports; 04-11-2017 at 08:02 PM.
streetsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:38 AM
  #70  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JRSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 974
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by streetsports View Post
Just wanted to hop in say say that I've never used padded tape under my rx8's or gen 2 rx8's. I use the 3 screw holes. I've never broken a single esc. I also know how to solder and drive though. If I broke chassis braces, a servo and my esc in one race I would retire.

My single complaint would be a better switch housing. I use the single screw side mount but the plastic is thin and gives up eventually. Switch works fine though.
Lucky you. I was lucky like that with one out of the 4. Fortunately for me I switch to HW and no issues in over a year running them.
Even not finishing qualifiers due to ESC failure I still locked the A main in both classes with over 150+ entries in the class and 50+ on the other. I guess I should retire like you suggested. LMAO
I can solder as well. And I am good at it too, that's why I am still getting a paycheck every week tho. LOL
JRSlash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:00 AM
  #71  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (32)
 
cHAmpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Planet Rock
Posts: 336
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

It seems if you are able to use the ESC without padded tape or gel, great!

I've noticed with at least the RX8 Gen 2, that as I was learning to drive if the chassis slapped really hard and/or after a bad crash.. the ESC at times would blink out. When I moved to mounting the ESC on a plate with the Kyosho gel, those problems went away. Having said that, my driving has also improved.. but I've kept the plate and gel in place.

Kudos to the Tekin team for the new HD posts.. it has made soldering immensely easier and I'm much more confident in the durability of the Gen 3's as a result.
JRSlash likes this.
cHAmpa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:52 AM
  #72  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: oregon
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Oh crap. Did I accidentally post in a hw thread?


Originally Posted by JRSlash View Post
Lucky you. I was lucky like that with one out of the 4. Fortunately for me I switch to HW and no issues in over a year running them.
Even not finishing qualifiers due to ESC failure I still locked the A main in both classes with over 150+ entries in the class and 50+ on the other. I guess I should retire like you suggested. LMAO
I can solder as well. And I am good at it too, that's why I am still getting a paycheck every week tho. LOL
streetsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 12:32 PM
  #73  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JRSlash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 974
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by streetsports View Post
Oh crap. Did I accidentally post in a hw thread?
I don't know.... You said that you can drive and solder... Now, how is your reading comprehension skills?
JRSlash is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:49 AM
  #74  
Team Tekin
iTrader: (6)
 
Randy_Pike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Norcal
Posts: 9,912
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Knock it off guys. This random banter is what ruins forums and turns most people off.

For every one of you that post, 20 more will read it.
JRSlash likes this.
Randy_Pike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:19 AM
  #75  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (51)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: oregon
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Sorry randy. I won't post anymore in your thread. Don't want 20 more people to read it. Great job on the gen3.


"Something about winning attracts losers with opinions......"......this probably isnt needed. May turn people away from tekin.


Originally Posted by Randy_Pike View Post
Knock it off guys. This random banter is what ruins forums and turns most people off.

For every one of you that post, 20 more will read it.
streetsports is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service