New Tekin redline gen3 motors >

New Tekin redline gen3 motors

Like Tree20Likes

New Tekin redline gen3 motors

Old 11-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volition View Post
The 17.5t (non-RPM) model. It will be here in Australia in a week or two. I'm sure the people in the USA will get theirs any day. Hopefully some will run them this weekend and can give us an idea on the gearing.
From where
Old 11-07-2015, 12:46 AM
Tech Regular

I had it pre-ordered at aMain. I understand once the pre-orders are filled & the stock levels build up. Those that missed out can get in.

The good news if you missed out. Is that they are being sent so the queue is moving so to speak. I advise to put your pre-order in so you get your motor reserved. You aren't committed to buy.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
From where
I ordered mine from stormer. better price, awesome customer service too.

They still show two in stock (17.5).
Old 11-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

I seen stormed.I get mine another avenue
Old 11-11-2015, 03:01 PM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I received mine yesterday, and it looks very good.

As always , with Tekin , well built and very sharp.

I will run it Sunday , and let y'all know how she does.
Whats this I hear about having to go up on the pinion with these vs the Gen2s?
Old 11-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Mine should be here soon. However tech support advised me of a FDR of 6 for my 2wd buggy 17.5t - medium track if that helps.
Let us know how you go & what gearing you end up with. Hoping it rips it up.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Gen3 17.5T, has it been ROAR approved yet*?

I'm a complete noob here; building my first RC car, TLR22 v2. So I missed out on the TLR 22 V3, however I haven't bought electronics yet except for the Savox 1258TG.

I had planned to buy a combo of "Speedpassion Reventon R" and "Actinium 17.5T Brushless - high torque"; Tekin's Gen3 would be a fair bit more expensive, however would I see any advantages by choosing a Tekin GEN3 combo?

Many thanks.

*EDIT: I see Redline Gen3-TT2705 OEM w/TT2721 Rotor and OEM w/ 0.8-1.05mm nodal ring on http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...lessmotors.php . That's good.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

The RSX looks good from team Tekin, it should do good in there
Old 11-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

The gen3 Is an Unknown Quantity at the moment - No Roar Approval yet, will definitely come - Reports should come in soon on performance. I note though compared to the Gen2 and a lot of motors at about 170g this thing is at 158g - a 7% weight reduction from a high center gravity object is V.good. As long as it has the grunt.

For me using Tekin, I'm 1 brand loyal and love Tekin's Customer service and quality. Very impressed, I'm also a gear head & Tekin fulfills my appetitite.

On the RC10B5m thread A lot of people don't like the Gen 2 ESC stating it's not smooth. However they don't come out of the box ready for a buggy. Their ESC's are also used in crawlers, etc. So a few adjustments need to be made. If you do go down the Tekin route just email support and/or Randy Pike they will give you all the info you desire. Suggest gearing, settings etc. - For me I have an Orion ESC and Tekin. I think the Tekin is just as good and it is half the size/weight. For Motors I have Numerous Gen2's and a Schuur speed 17.5t stock - The Schuur Speed is awesome (no-one can keep up with me down the straight). I do not have an equivalent Gen2 motor so cannot compare. When my Gen3 arrives though I will have a good idea and will definitely let everyone know. As an extra note i love the Hotwire that hooks up with it. I use my Old Android phone to make ESC changes quickly at the track and even look at datalogs which is very cool.

My biased 2 cents, the extra price for the Tekin is worth it. Both options will make you smile either way. The Combo you've outlined yourself is a great combo. You really can't go too far wrong with it. Guys at the track love their Actinium's - I have a Savox which has been no problems at all. Not too familiar with the ESC.

Originally Posted by Jorgen View Post
The Gen3 17.5T, has it been ROAR approved yet*?

I'm a complete noob here; building my first RC car, TLR22 v2. So I missed out on the TLR 22 V3, however I haven't bought electronics yet except for the Savox 1258TG.

I had planned to buy a combo of "Speedpassion Reventon R" and "Actinium 17.5T Brushless - high torque"; Tekin's Gen3 would be a fair bit more expensive, however would I see any advantages by choosing a Tekin GEN3 combo?

Many thanks.

*EDIT: I see Redline Gen3-TT2705 OEM w/TT2721 Rotor and OEM w/ 0.8-1.05mm nodal ring on http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...lessmotors.php . That's good.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Volition View Post
[...] My biased 2 cents, the extra price for the Tekin is worth it. Both options will make you smile either way. The Combo you've outlined yourself is a great combo. You really can't go too far wrong with it. Guys at the track love their Actinium's - I have a Savox which has been no problems at all. Not too familiar with the ESC.
Thanks very much, great response! :-)

I will do a lot more research / reading before pulling the trigger here. My available build time tends to vary, so with differential onwards left I probably am a few weeks out still. This will be good in terms of seeing the first results on the gen 3 motor. Also great to know the Actinium is a favoured choice.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Being that you chose 17.5 as base research the rs spec combo also. You can't go wrong with the quality and performance of the Redlines
TekTT2432

Last edited by Keith B; 11-12-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks - I actually ended up with the Actinium 17.5T, as I realised I would need the motor in the coming week of building - saw a lot of good comments about it, plus even more importantly my LHS strongly recommended it (will be able to help with any issues). Also it came in at "only" AUD110. TLR 33T/48P spur gear, TLR 70T/48P pinion. Looks good, too.

Sorry if that was a bit OT to the thread, but thanks for the advice, appreciate it. I will keep following the Gen 3 Tekin for my hopeful TLR22 V3 mod class build one day next year (I wish, at least). Also I still need the ESC which I left for later, allowing more time to research. Don't need it just yet.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:36 AM
AMZ
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
I received mine yesterday, and it looks very good.

As always , with Tekin , well built and very sharp.

I will run it Sunday , and let y'all know how she does.
Whats this I hear about having to go up on the pinion with these vs the Gen2s?
Quoting my own post here.

I ran it [Gen3 RPM version] yesterday, and sure enough , I wanted to go up 2 teeth on the pinion.
Instead , I went up one level on the preset timing profiles.

Worked perfectly.

Very strong motor.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

So what FDR gears did you run? What motor and what class. What were your settings
Originally Posted by AMZ View Post
Quoting my own post here.

I ran it [Gen3 RPM version] yesterday, and sure enough , I wanted to go up 2 teeth on the pinion.
Instead , I went up one level on the preset timing profiles.

Worked perfectly.

Very strong motor.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:30 AM
Tech Initiate

My buddy just got his 6.5t mod motor in for his buggy:

http://youtu.be/Q3Y_te-S1JU

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service