Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread >

Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread

Like Tree1Likes

Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread

Old 07-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DonRSD View Post
I have a GT3B now. GT3C coming this week.
Awesome, please keep me informed if you have a chance, there is some really cool wraps for the gt3b and I'm hoping they'll fit the gt3c
Old 07-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC View Post
Awesome, please keep me informed if you have a chance, there is some really cool wraps for the gt3b and I'm hoping they'll fit the gt3c

There is no way that the wraps for these two radios will be interchangeable. They are very different on the outside. I've compared my gt3c and a gt3b, the gt3c is more compact in almost every way and has a bigger screen. The only thing you can share upgrade wise over thee two is most likely wheel grips.

Also the gt3c does come with two grips for the handle, a small and a large one.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Dang it that's what i thought, thanks for the info tho. I may buy the wrap anyways and just see if i can trim it to fit.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VenturaDC View Post
Dang it that's what i thought, thanks for the info tho. I may buy the wrap anyways and just see if i can trim it to fit.
Your probably better off contacting someone that makes wraps for quads, dirtbikes, and other vehicles.

Not only would you get a custom fit but then you can pick out your own design too.

You'll be throwing money away trying to butcher up a wrap that was never meant to be. The button lay out is different also and uses different styles of buttons then the gt3b. Maybe you can find someone willing to make a wrap and sell them to the public after the design the wrap for yours.r
Old 07-10-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yamsaab View Post
Your probably better off contacting someone that makes wraps for quads, dirtbikes, and other vehicles.

Not only would you get a custom fit but then you can pick out your own design too.

You'll be throwing money away trying to butcher up a wrap that was never meant to be. The button lay out is different also and uses different styles of buttons then the gt3b. Maybe you can find someone willing to make a wrap and sell them to the public after the design the wrap for yours.r
I have some e-mails out
Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Got my radio in today, i must say, besides a minor nuance with the scroll wheel direction (seems backwards to me) this radio feels solid, range is wicked, sensitivity is pretty much on par with the high end radios I've used, seriously light. I'm impressed...
Old 07-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Yep that's a known flow. It's backwards to us, maybe for those in china its not backwards.

You kinda forget it's "backwards" and seems correct after a day or two of use.

At least that's how I felt.

And yes it's like half the weight of the gt3b. The lightness is one of my favorite things about it.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Help please, FS - iT4 used and when I change models I have to rebind every time???
Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default FS-GT3C problem with model memory

I have a question in reference to a FS-GT3C transmitter. I had all my boats (4) programmed into the FS-GT3C. All worked well for 5 months or so. Now without any reason Iím aware of I only have 1 receiver that it will communicate with. Tried rebinding receivers, reprogramming the models on the FS-GT3C, changing to different receivers etc. all programing functions appear to be OK on the transmitter display. The transmitter works just like it always did on the still functioning model, no glitches at all. I'm very familiar with the programing of this transmitter. ( or at lease I thought so until this!)
It seems very weird that the transmitter would dump the 9 model channels and 1 still works OK. However no combination of different receivers, different model channels will get a communication path with any except the 1 channel. All receivers work just fine with the 1 working channel (binding with different receivers/ transmitters as required) as well as with another FS-GT2. Actually I have the 3 receivers for the other boats working from the FS-GT2.
Some sort of a master reset/ return to default sitting would probably do it however there is no such animal.
I hope I have explained this. Bottom line, the transmitter worked fine a few weeks ago with all 10 model channels (I was using 4 but had tested all 10 on the original set up) but now I can only get 1 model channel to function. It worked fine one weekend and the next only 1 channel works. I am having a hard time believing this is some kind of weird software thing but ????
Thoughts?
Thx
Old 07-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flynow1 View Post
I have a question in reference to a FS-GT3C transmitter. I had all my boats (4) programmed into the FS-GT3C. All worked well for 5 months or so. Now without any reason Iím aware of I only have 1 receiver that it will communicate with. Tried rebinding receivers, reprogramming the models on the FS-GT3C, changing to different receivers etc. all programing functions appear to be OK on the transmitter display. The transmitter works just like it always did on the still functioning model, no glitches at all. I'm very familiar with the programing of this transmitter. ( or at lease I thought so until this!)
It seems very weird that the transmitter would dump the 9 model channels and 1 still works OK. However no combination of different receivers, different model channels will get a communication path with any except the 1 channel. All receivers work just fine with the 1 working channel (binding with different receivers/ transmitters as required) as well as with another FS-GT2. Actually I have the 3 receivers for the other boats working from the FS-GT2.
Some sort of a master reset/ return to default sitting would probably do it however there is no such animal.
I hope I have explained this. Bottom line, the transmitter worked fine a few weeks ago with all 10 model channels (I was using 4 but had tested all 10 on the original set up) but now I can only get 1 model channel to function. It worked fine one weekend and the next only 1 channel works. I am having a hard time believing this is some kind of weird software thing but ????
Thoughts?
Thx
Responded to your pm. I have no idea as to why that would happen.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I got one of the C's over a month ago,the silver one. I couldn't be more happy. Came from a FM Futaba, glitchy as all get out, range about 100 feet, to this one, seemingly unlimited range lol, never glitchy, solid control. I love the big read out. Low battery alarm. The right to left thing is a oriental thing, many read from right to left vs the US, left to right. I did find a supplier for bigger mah batteries for the C, I backtracked the factory battery model number, and these seem to be the same that the C model takes.
FS-B1200 Flysky 3.7V 1200mAh Lipo Battery For FS-iT4 RC Controller
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181164129505...84.m1438.l2649

Now as to charging, I use the usb on the pc, but also one of the generic wall chargers. The kind you plug a usb cord into and charge from a wall socket. I assume, you could also charge from the usb cigarette adapter in a vehicle in a bind. Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just received my GT3C today. Still figuring all the features out but so far I like it. A lot of good info in this thread.

Last edited by LeeBSC10; 08-10-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you guys are still looking for a skin I have contacted http:// http://www.freqeskinz.com/ They said they just finished them and are now available in all designs. Price is $35.00
Old 08-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Yamsaab View Post
I should be getting mine in 1-2 weeks so I'll be sure to post up what I think of it when I get it. I'm looking forward to this radio very much after using a pair of the FS-GT2's for over a year now without any problems.

If anyone wants to voice their opinion or experiences with the radio, please feel free to do so.
I am a model boater and love this radio. I got Austin's Hack Kit and the radio now has most everything one could want. The price for additional receivers is great and I have found no negatives at all.

Marty Davis
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got a green gt3c. Hopefully my 8ight will be running soon so I can try it out. Is it confirmed that the green (and other colors besides orange, or new orange) have fixed the power switch issue? Scroll wheel being reversed. isn't that big of a deal after a minute of using it. I definitely like it better then my friends gt3b, glad I went with this one instead! Looks pretty nice in the green although I figured it would be more yellow as picture shows.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service