Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread >

Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread

Like Tree1Likes

Official FlySky FS-GT3C thread

Old 06-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just wanted to give this thread a little bump and a little update.

I've been very happy with my radio thus far. The range is great, the battery lasts as long as anyone needs it to. It feels great in my hand compared to the heavier and bulkier fsgt2 that I have. The foam steering wheel is a nice touch but I think I'm going to have to glue it to the plastic wheel as it starts to slide and work it's way against the radio and causing incrased drag.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any reason to update to this model if you already have a "B" ?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Initiate

I have been unable to figure out how to set up my rear steering. The servo is on channel 3, but I can not find out how to set the radio to use the switch to change from different modes of my rear steering... off, turns in opp. direction as front, same direction as front, and rear only. Mine is not hacked yet, but the parts are on order. Been a while since I ordered, so hopefully it will be here soon.

Can anyone help?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just recieved one of the orange ones I hope it wont have the power switch problem
Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yreka View Post
Any reason to update to this model if you already have a "B" ?
C has the EXPO fixed, it's a much lighter radio, has a ball bearing on the steering wheel, and includes a Lipo battery. If you like your B and don't want EXPO I wouldn't but this one until your B gets worn out.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JeeperDarren View Post
I have been unable to figure out how to set up my rear steering. The servo is on channel 3, but I can not find out how to set the radio to use the switch to change from different modes of my rear steering... off, turns in opp. direction as front, same direction as front, and rear only. Mine is not hacked yet, but the parts are on order. Been a while since I ordered, so hopefully it will be here soon.

Can anyone help?
Probably want to visit the FSGT3B thread I mentioned at the beginning of this one. The stock software doesn't support rear steer I believe. Hitting the ch3 button will toggle between two preset points if your running a servo.

You need to hack it to get RWS.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Yamsaab View Post
Probably want to visit the FSGT3B thread I mentioned at the beginning of this one. The stock software doesn't support rear steer I believe. Hitting the ch3 button will toggle between two preset points if your running a servo.

You need to hack it to get RWS.
Thanks for the response. I could not find anything for the stock unit. My kit from kidlosi should be here any day.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default latency

G'day,
I currently own one of these transmitters but have not used it in a race yet. Does anyone know if they are good enough to use in racing. I've seen mixed reviews in comparison to spectrum. Not entirely sure whether spectrum is better, more responsive, as I haven't used a spectrum.

cheers
Old 06-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm new to racing but I'm using mine for racing and have no complaints. No glitch issues and I'm very happy with this radio! I can't believe some would pay a lot more for a radio.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stavart View Post
G'day,
I currently own one of these transmitters but have not used it in a race yet. Does anyone know if they are good enough to use in racing. I've seen mixed reviews in comparison to spectrum. Not entirely sure whether spectrum is better, more responsive, as I haven't used a spectrum.

cheers
For club and most entry/local level racing this radio will treat you completely fine. One of the downfalls of the radio is the somewhat low frame rate. I forget what it is I want to say 22.5ms. Highend radios support frame rates down to 5.5ms which is a pretty significant improvement. I highly doubt anyone but those that have been racing for years and race at a pro level would benefit significantly from these faster frame rates. I've used radios with high frame rates and cannot tell a difference between that radio and the FlySKy but I'm not a pro racer by any means.

Spectrum IMO is garbage, find something else for a highend radio. Futaba, radiopost etc.

If your just getting started in racing the radio will not be a limiting factor for you. Your skills will be and it will be that way for a few years I would think. Money can't buy skill.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

will be getting one tomorrow. can't wait to try it out!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ordered mine today, can't wait to check it out. Any one order theirs from hobbypartz? Just wondering if they are fast or slow to ship
Old 07-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

looks like i'll be on the other thread since my hobby shop didn't have it in stock. got the FS-iT4 instead. it's been nice reading about you FS-GT3C!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Anyone here have both the gt3b and this one? I'm wondering if they are close enough in design and size that the wraps made for the gt3b will work?
Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC View Post
Anyone here have both the gt3b and this one? I'm wondering if they are close enough in design and size that the wraps made for the gt3b will work?
I have a GT3B now. GT3C coming this week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service