Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Hobbywing Xerun V3

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

The Hobbywing Xerun-120A V3.1 Stock Spec has met the electrical requirements for ROAR non-timing operation with software version V3.1_121129_Beta.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Angelo:
We have a major race coming up the end of April. Several racers are asking about the v3.1 - 1s legality. We run ROAR rules and it must be on their list to run it. Do you have an update on that?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Angelo stated on 3/9/2014 that the 1s had been ROAR approved. Search his posts and you'll see it. I believe its in another thread.

Again, v3.1 1s is roar approved!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_dude
Angelo:
We have a major race coming up the end of April. Several racers are asking about the v3.1 - 1s legality. We run ROAR rules and it must be on their list to run it. Do you have an update on that?
The V3.1 1S is roar approved.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:37 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The V3.1 1S is roar approved.
I think part of the issue is that it is still not listed in either of these places:
http://roarracing.org/4rmb/forumdisp...-ESC-Approvals
http://roarracing.org/approved_non_timing_escs.php

It may be approved, but this is where race officials will go to check.

Maybe phrasing the question differently: when will its approval be published?

Phil.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

After a long hiatus from RC, have just got back due to the kids becoming very active. Picked up some Orca ESCs and a Hobbywing. The after sales support angelo and Hobbywing provided is astounding. The best consumer experience in years. Congrats andmthankyou!
Old 04-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PDR
I think part of the issue is that it is still not listed in either of these places:
http://roarracing.org/4rmb/forumdisp...-ESC-Approvals
http://roarracing.org/approved_non_timing_escs.php

It may be approved, but this is where race officials will go to check.

Maybe phrasing the question differently: when will its approval be published?

Phil.
Surely that's a question for ROAR?? If Angelo has had notification that it's approved, then his bit is done. If ROAR have notified Angelo that it is approved, but haven't updated their own approvals list - then surely they need to get their house in order! In the UK, our lists are updated regularily (as often as once per week if required), and I'm not aware of this issue arrising.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

I did ask that question to ROAR and they had the same answer. It has met tech requirements and meets distribution. It had not passed an executive committee vote which it need to be posted as legal. At the TOUR Nationals held a week and a half ago it was not allowed to be used since it is not officially listed.
Just a heads up and I thought Angelo might know something about that.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:59 AM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattW
Surely that's a question for ROAR?? If Angelo has had notification that it's approved, then his bit is done. If ROAR have notified Angelo that it is approved, but haven't updated their own approvals list - then surely they need to get their house in order! In the UK, our lists are updated regularily (as often as once per week if required), and I'm not aware of this issue arrising.
Apologies, no ill or slight was intended. Angelo has given me great support over the years and I've been delighted with all my HobbyWing products and I plan on buying more. I'm just assuming that the manufacturer may have a channel for dialogue with ROAR that an ordinary racer may not.

Ok - I've found a "contact us" form on the ROAR web site and have lodged a question there.

If it's on the BRCA list, then that helps me out, but there are quite a few people exclusively sticking to the ROAR one.

Phil.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

No offense was taken. You stated what had been posted earlier and didn't know that I had already inquired to ROAR ( I should have stated that). We have been letting racers run the 1s V3.1 for awhile but we follow the list at our big races. We draw from a large area for that and following the rules is a must since we will have visiting racers.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

PDR, if it's of any use to you, see attached link to the BRCA list - you can see on the revision history that it was added at V4.3

http://www.brca.org/sites/www.brca.o...27s%20v4-9.pdf
Old 04-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

We stick to the ROAR list.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default V3.1 stock spec

My new V3.1 stock spec turned itself off I ran it today at a club race indoors on a small track in my Mi5 in 17.5t blinky and the esc shut down twice. The first time I hit the side of the car the esc is on against the track trunking at a reasonable slow speed. The second time I was hit in the side by another car at a more moderate speed. Both times the esc switched back on straight away and all was fine for the remainder of the race. I've had a V3 for 2 years and have never had this happen and I'm sure I've crashed harder. Has anybody had a similar problem with this esc?
Old 04-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MWarren
My new V3.1 stock spec turned itself off I ran it today at a club race indoors on a small track in my Mi5 in 17.5t blinky and the esc shut down twice. The first time I hit the side of the car the esc is on against the track trunking at a reasonable slow speed. The second time I was hit in the side by another car at a more moderate speed. Both times the esc switched back on straight away and all was fine for the remainder of the race. I've had a V3 for 2 years and have never had this happen and I'm sure I've crashed harder. Has anybody had a similar problem with this esc?
Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere. Check the connections/plugs to the lipo and receiver. And try a different lipo if you haven't already, in case there's an issue in the internal lipo wiring.

If everything looks fine then maybe you've got a faulty one, although that's quite unlikely given hobbywing quality.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've had that problem happen to me once. Turns out, it wasn't the ESC at all, and it was that the servo's wire inside the case had come undone and was shorting out.

Not saying that this could be your problem, but maybe you could look elsewhere too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.