Community
Wiki Posts
Search

calling all FUTABA 3PK users.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default calling all FUTABA 3PK users.....

Being that all the other major radio players have their own threads, I figure it's our time now.
Also, since I'm now learning the 3PK system, there's still a few things that I'm hav'n trouble with like...
(I'll just mention one for now)
VTR: variable trace rate- can anyone explain to me, in laymans terms, just what is it that I'm suppose to feel in my throttle response?
Thanx in advance guys and lets get this thread going...

- jaYBee
Old 10-18-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just bought one of these radios with the HRS receiver. Should arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out and put my Futaba 3PJS into retirement (man those menus are confusing...after 3 years, I still need my manual to figure out how to get to Steering EXP.. LOL)

My Xray is going to love me now

John
Old 10-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Welcome to the club!! I've got the PCM version, but can switch to HRS if need be. What's cool about the 3PK is that it has 3 Levels of usability. I'm still using Level 1, but it's plenty enough at this point for me. I actually control alot of the drivability of my car with the Keyence. When you get your 3PK, don't be surprised at the size of the manual, it's pretty involved.

FUKUYAMA ALL THE WAY!!!

- JAybEE
Old 10-19-2004, 03:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Great radio! Fits like a glove and awesome build quality.
What batteries do you use and how much time do you get between charges?
Old 10-19-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

I answered the question for GP3300's not energizer AA cells.

Last edited by John Fontaine; 10-19-2004 at 06:23 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:10 AM
Tech Rookie

I should've been more clear with the question. I was refering to the radio batteries, not the car batts. I recently tried a set of cheap Energizer 1700mah AA nimh and after 2 hours of Tx use were down to 9.7 volts on the display. What's the best batt to use in the 3PK? Can I use the supplied wall charger to charge nimh AA batts while loaded in the radio?

Tracy
Old 10-19-2004, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Ah my bad. I see that question constantly so it was a natural reaction to answer it that way. LOL I'll edit it

I use GP2100's AA's and they have great capacity. The voltage isn't as high as energizers but they stay around 10.1 volts for a long time.

To use the charger that came with the 3PK, you'll need to buy the Futaba nicd 8 cell transmitter pack.

John
Old 10-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

i use sanyo 2300 aa for my 3pk i havent charged it for ages its probibly been on for about 4 hours and its only at 10.1 volts 10.2 volts max............rechargable himh have 1.2 volts [each cell] instead of 1.5
Old 10-19-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I have one of these,all ways had steerwheel configurationEX1,MARS,2001 LTD, all ko then i woke up & got hold of the 3pk, then menus are so easy to get to with out scrolling through all the setups untill you get where you want to be ,The 3pk with the big screen on back ,very well balenced, i still use the nicad that came with it a sanyo 9.6v 1600mah, 80 hrs use so far no problems,the direct call button on the back is so nice to have also fitted the drop down steering,very nice piece of kit
Got the hrs system by the way
Old 10-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

I love my 3Pk.... When I first started using it I always kept the manual handy, now I rarely reference it....

Running 5th scale I get to take advantage of almost all the features too....

I love the servo speed and exponential controls... If my car (or me) is being a bit twitchy I'll slow the response down a bit....

I do need to put better batteries in it, I have the standard 700mah pack....

How is the HRS? I don't have any HRS recievers, just FM and PCM...
Old 10-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've had my 3PK for a couple of races now. I switched to it from my HiTec Lynx3D radio. The 3PK is lighter, made of better material, and...gasp....lets me actually NAME my cars! Instead of trying to remember which car was what number with my Lynx3D.

I would recommend to anyone using the 3PK that you try Hitec's Spectra module combined with Novak's Xxtra. Thats what I use and the singnal is super strong. And no crystals is always a plus.

Being able to put the steering wheel were ever I want is also a plus. This is definitely THE best radio on the market when it comes to the grip feel. In my not so humble opinion.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

I've always been concerned about using the Hitec module in the 3PK... Do you notice it heating up or anything weird???
Old 10-19-2004, 01:22 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cosworth
I should've been more clear with the question. I was refering to the radio batteries, not the car batts. I recently tried a set of cheap Energizer 1700mah AA nimh and after 2 hours of Tx use were down to 9.7 volts on the display. What's the best batt to use in the 3PK? Can I use the supplied wall charger to charge nimh AA batts while loaded in the radio?

Tracy
Hey Cosworth
9.7 volts is pretty strong enough to signal the receiver.
My ran my radio volt down to nothing and no gritching
Old 10-19-2004, 01:27 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I love my 3Pk.... When I first started using it I always kept the manual handy, now I rarely reference it....

Running 5th scale I get to take advantage of almost all the features too....

I love the servo speed and exponential controls... If my car (or me) is being a bit twitchy I'll slow the response down a bit....

I do need to put better batteries in it, I have the standard 700mah pack....

How is the HRS? I don't have any HRS recievers, just FM and PCM...
The HRS is great for carpet and for out door racing .......Naw you really don't needs the HRS receiver for outdoor TC racing ...
Old 10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have 2 set of batteries for mine. 2000mAh and 2300mAh. The main difference is that each pack has 9 cells. The 2000 fitted really well but the 2300 cells are larger and it was a very tight squeeze to fit them in but they do fit.

I have yet to re-charge the 2300's as I only built them recently but they do last for ages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.