Community
Wiki Posts
Search

calling all FUTABA 3PK users.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a 3pk with HRS receiver and trying to set up a Mamba max speedy with no luck. It is like the switching rate is too quick and unable to run through the set up. I have tried running it in PPM mode and still no luck. Looking in the instructions it says to use a DSC cable for non futaba speedys is this right.

If anyone can help with this or has gone through the same problem I would be most apreciative for your help
Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You cannot run HRS in PPM mode so dont bother...

Im assuming your running a digital servo? (hrs will not work on analog servos)

Im not familiar with the mamba but what exactly is not happening?

Try the DSC cable but its main purpose is for use at races where you are not allowed to transmit a single from the pits so the cord is used as a direct link.. It should not matter but give it a try anyway.

Are you sure all your throttle settings on the 3PK have been zero'd and maxxed?
before doing your setup?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am using a digital servo and that is working all fine,

It is when going into the speedys set up mode and trying to do the neutral, throttle and braking set points. It is not picking up the neutral point to allow you to move forward in the set up.

I have tried the speedy with another radio and it is working fine, so I dont think that is a problem. I have done a model reset back to factory settings on the radio and EPA and curves on the throttle are set at 100%
Old 04-11-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Make sure your throttle channel is reversed. You must have it reversed with all non Futaba speedos. I've seen setup issues before due to this.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pekpekmaster
hey thanks for the answer, another question

since the 3pk has that rechargeable battery. how many volts do you charge it to. or does it stop charging by itself?

thanks in advance
I leave my radio plugged in overnight before a race and I do not see the LED ever turn off since it is a slow charge. I do not think it will shut off, just keep charging as long as it is plugged in.

I have been using the 3PK since its inception. I need the functionality for my 1/5 scale. I recently switched to LiPo's and it has been one of the best things I have done. For years, I have ran the 2200 NiMH cells and just plug the transmitter in to charge it. I have never really gotten past 11.9 volts and by the end of the race day, I have less than 10V. I have dealt with it for a long time with no issues. I just leave the transmitter plugged in.

Now with the Common Sense LiPO pack, I have 12.5V indicated on the 3PK and over the course of 2 days of racing and practicing, the voltage has only dropped to 12.4. Very impressive. The weight of the pack has also decreased the overall weight of the radio and its balance. IT will make a big difference for the 30 minute mains we run in 1/5 scale.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by eps5
I used a cap I had lying around, I think it was from the top of a fuel bottle or something.
+1 on that. I just CA'd the cap from al old Trinity fuel bottle. Works great.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hey guys i've been running a 3pks for about a year now and have noticed that all my friends with the same radio have much more physical throw on the wheel. When i go into the menu and go to the adjust option my left and right barely hit 70%. I have adjusted it so that 70% is full throw and confirmed that by making sure the servo is turning the wheels all the way. Has anyone else seen this? my friend checked his in adjust mode and it hits about 115% in both directions. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry
Old 04-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not sure if you guys can answer this question but here goes:

I'd like to know if I can use my Spektrum modules in the 3PKS with the part number "FUTK2010 3PK Transmitter Only"? This is how it's described on Futaba's website. In other descriptions I've seen they talk about a synthesized module that is included. So I'd like to make sure that my modules from the original 3Pk will work with this part number. I broke the LCD screen on my current 3PK and I don't think it's worth the repair since they've upgraded to the 3PK-S.

Thanx in advance.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerry P
Hey guys i've been running a 3pks for about a year now and have noticed that all my friends with the same radio have much more physical throw on the wheel. When i go into the menu and go to the adjust option my left and right barely hit 70%. I have adjusted it so that 70% is full throw and confirmed that by making sure the servo is turning the wheels all the way. Has anyone else seen this? my friend checked his in adjust mode and it hits about 115% in both directions. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jerry
Prob. just the difference in the length of the servo arm. A longer arm will take less servo movement to hit 100% steering...sounds like yours is a little long, and your friends is a little short...but dont let that go to your head.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Has any one else noticed there's been a change in the trigger on the 3PKS.
I was at a hobby store today and they just got in a new 3PKS. The trigger on it was much tighter than on previous 3PKS. It had almost no gap when your finger was in, and no need for fuel tubing or bending. It was amazing.
Everything else about the radio was the same.
Maybe JonnySocko has more info.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

The wheel on the radio doesnt go as far. for this example i will make up numbers because i didnt measure how many degrees it goes. Lets say my wheel on the radio goes 20 degrees in one direction. Every one else goes 35 degrees in one direction. so their radio wheels go 50 percent more in one direction.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys, just want to know where to get the best price on a 3pks with fasst system on the net? thanks.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

on rc market i think (us$319 plus post)
Old 04-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jerry,

Is this the stock wheel? Have you installed an aftermarket one? Has the wheel ever been removed from the radio? The stops on the inside of the wheel are what decides the end point of the wheel travel. Did you buy your radio new or second hand?

Jon123,

Yes the trigger is different, no you can't buy it separately, sorry.

Socko
Old 04-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys, gud morning, i purchase a futaba 3pk 2 weks ago, tried to use it on my tam tnx but it wont work on my throttle. when i start the tx and follow d' rx its normal, both steering and throttle but after a few seconds when i start to move the steering, my throttle automatically brakes and thats it, won't move my throttle anymore only d' steering is normal. i only use level 1 for beginners. appreciate all response. many thanks and god bless.

androidz77

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.