Wiki Posts
Search

calling all FUTABA 3PK users.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwb0748
Well washers wouldn't really be the issue would it?
True.

Please pardon my attempt at "dry humor"...

The internal antenna wire is a simple swap out once the TX Midule is disassembled and modified to accept the new threaded RPSMA end of the cable. The washers simply provide a better foundation for the new setup.

I'm not sure Radio Shack would carry the right components. However, if you have a specialized electronics supply house nearby, you might be in luck. Otherwise, looking online might be the more suitable source.

I bought several sets when I modded mine. I plan to do a few more for friends.

If there was enough interest, I could put kits with instructions together for a nominal cost or maybe perform the service for folks that just want it resolved without the fuss.

PM me if interested.

G-
Old 09-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kwb0748
Well washers wouldn't really be the issue would it?
More info on the cable type needed here:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/852
Old 12-06-2014, 02:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Digital servo and Futaba T3PK

Hi
Just found my old Futaba T3PK in the garage, and I want to use it with my RB6 buggy and a digital servo. If understand my manual I just have push the right keys on the the transmitter to activate HRS on the transmitter and place the HRS receiver in the buggy and I'am ready to use connect the digital servo.
Is that the way to do it, or must I change the module on the transmitter.

On the T3PK transmitter I have a module "Futaba FP-PK-FM 40 Mhz" and as receiver I have the Futaba "R203HF" HRS

Best regards Jan
Old 12-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by racerkorer
Hi
Just found my old Futaba T3PK in the garage, and I want to use it with my RB6 buggy and a digital servo. If understand my manual I just have push the right keys on the the transmitter to activate HRS on the transmitter and place the HRS receiver in the buggy and I'am ready to use connect the digital servo.
Is that the way to do it, or must I change the module on the transmitter.

On the T3PK transmitter I have a module "Futaba FP-PK-FM 40 Mhz" and as receiver I have the Futaba "R203HF" HRS

Best regards Jan
If you want to take advantage of the HRS mode, the TX module and the RX must both be HRS.

Note - HRS is not required for use with DigotL Servos, that system simply provides the fastest response times on the 3PK and 3PKS systems.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Now I have been reading the manual for secound time today, and if I want to use HRS I must have digi servos and use the "R203HF" receiver and push HRS mode on the transmitter...Bingo !

Originally Posted by RumbleBeeAL
If you want to take advantage of the HRS mode, the TX module and the RX must both be HRS.

Note - HRS is not required for use with DigotL Servos, that system simply provides the fastest response times on the 3PK and 3PKS systems.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:55 AM
Tech Addict

I have the Spektrum SM1000 HRS TX Module and two SR3000 HRS RXs used to take advantage of the HRS mode.

I'll likely be posting these up for sale soon.
Attached Thumbnails calling all FUTABA 3PK users.....-image.jpg  

Last edited by RumbleBeeAL; 12-06-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Here are the Spektrum SM1001 Pro TX Modules and several DSM RX modules including SE3001 Pro, SR3300T (Telemetry), and SR300 RXs which compliment the Futaba 3PK and 3PKS transmitters in non HRS mode.
Attached Thumbnails calling all FUTABA 3PK users.....-image.jpg  
Old 01-25-2015, 07:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, This might of been answered before but with my limited research I didnt quite come across any answer that fit the bill so I apologies before hand if this is a repeat.

Can anyone tell me how do you set up the timer on the 3PK so that the alarm goes off after a set amount of time? I tried the up and down timer but those 2 doesnt really seem to do much. All I want was to the timer to go off after 8 mins so I know when to stop. The most I can get the 3PK to do is have some sort of timer going on, and buzzer goes off every 1 minute. Thats it. It gives no indication that I have reached my 8 min goal and its pretty annoying. Im pulling my hair trying to figure out such a simple function but im getting no where.

Please teach me how to set up the timer on the 3PK or at least let me know there is no such function available on it.

Thanks