Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastchvy
So why does the box have 1.08 and the Speedo has something else?
becuz they both have their own program/software
Old 08-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastchvy
So why does the box have 1.08 and the Speedo has something else?
The 1.08 is the firmware it will push to the esc, like mine, because that's the one I loaded into the box. I didn't have my esc hooked up on that, just the Pc with the box and the program running. Essentially there are two fimwares avaliable, 1.08 (type B) and 1.11 (Type A). The 1.11 is for only two specific esc's. Listed under Type A. The 1.08 Type B, is for pretty much everything else.
You have to make sure that specific firmware is installed IN the box before trying to update the esc. So you need to make sure you know exactly what you're esc is.

The original esc may say 1.00 or something, pic below. Until you update it, to whichever you need. I'm no expert, just trying to demystify all this.

This is what is on my esc now, but after updating would show 1.08. Someone recommended loading the firmware into the box X2, twice, to make sure it isn't corrupted. When complete a pop up on the Pc will say "update successful or complete". Then you hook the esc to the box to update it. You'll need to recalibrate the esc afterwards and reset esc perimeters.

Disclaimer, I am NOT responsible for mistakes or firmware.

Last edited by spookie; 08-29-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

OK, i know this will get lost so the ORIGINAL thread starter can add this if they would like to the first post but here is a video of the USB link download and install and shows you how to do the RUN AS ADMIN for those unsure and i have 2 other videos to go along with that for other HW stuff
Old 08-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I want to know if I understand this from all the reading.... I have a v2.1 120 amp speedo and am running a 17.5 for stock buggy, need to have speedo show blinky mode... To get speedo into blinky mode I need to have program box, download firmware to program box and then to speedo?? Is this correct? Can you hook up speedo directly to computer with usb cable? if so which cable do I need? any help appreciated.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by danny d
I want to know if I understand this from all the reading.... I have a v2.1 120 amp speedo and am running a 17.5 for stock buggy, need to have speedo show blinky mode... To get speedo into blinky mode I need to have program box, download firmware to program box and then to speedo?? Is this correct? Can you hook up speedo directly to computer with usb cable? if so which cable do I need? any help appreciated.
Yes, u need the program box since the esc has the small plug that plugs into LCD box and that's how the esc connects to LCD and then there is a USB cord that plugs into the LCD and goes to the computer
Old 08-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

/\/\ what he said lol. The box mainly acts as a middleman to allow you to work with it on the Pc, as well as send the updates to the esc and change settings. Think of it as an interpreter. It's acting working with 2 different machine languages. Talking with the PC, as well as the esc.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

can you swap between mod and blinky profiles on the v3.1 WITHOUT flashing firmware?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
can you swap between mod and blinky profiles on the v3.1 WITHOUT flashing firmware?
Yes with the V3 series you can do anything you want without hooking it up to the computer. All you do is hook up your program box and hit the R/P button and when mode comes up. Press the item button And your done.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by danny d
You do not have to download to the program box. Just hook your esc up to the program box and then to the pc software. Turn unit on and hit firmware upgrade. Use the pulldown tab and click on 508_No_Timing for blinky mode.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

I personally wouldn't do it that way, twice the chance of corruption, and it's almost on the fly. A hiccup in the FTP transfer, loss of internet, anything, could brick you're esc, due to corrupted data, since you're pretty much streaming straight into the esc. I would confirm the firmware every step of the way if I could. If that meant doing it one step at a time, I would.

I hand built gaming Pc's for a decade, I know how many different ways a firmware flash can go wrong lol.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spookie
I personally wouldn't do it that way, twice the chance of corruption, and it's almost on the fly. A hiccup in the FTP transfer, loss of internet, anything, could brick you're esc, due to corrupted data, since you're pretty much streaming straight into the esc. I would confirm the firmware every step of the way if I could. If that meant doing it one step at a time, I would.

I hand built gaming Pc's for a decade, I know how many different ways a firmware flash can go wrong lol.
Correct it is better to do it as per our instructions or face wipeing out the factory set parameters of the mcu which back to factory for a reload.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Had an awesome fireworks show at the track when my 150amp went up in flames at the track, it took out one of my batteries to

It should still be under warranty, do I send it back to falconsekido with reciept?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Had an awesome fireworks show at the track when my 150amp went up in flames at the track, it took out one of my batteries to

It should still be under warranty, do I send it back to falconsekido with reciept?
What motor was being run? How many cell pack?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spookie
The 1.08 is the firmware it will push to the esc, like mine, because that's the one I loaded into the box. I didn't have my esc hooked up on that, just the Pc with the box and the program running. Essentially there are two fimwares avaliable, 1.08 (type B) and 1.11 (Type A). The 1.11 is for only two specific esc's. Listed under Type A. The 1.08 Type B, is for pretty much everything else.
You have to make sure that specific firmware is installed IN the box before trying to update the esc. So you need to make sure you know exactly what you're esc is.

The original esc may say 1.00 or something, pic below. Until you update it, to whichever you need. I'm no expert, just trying to demystify all this.

This is what is on my esc now, but after updating would show 1.08. Someone recommended loading the firmware into the box X2, twice, to make sure it isn't corrupted. When complete a pop up on the Pc will say "update successful or complete". Then you hook the esc to the box to update it. You'll need to recalibrate the esc afterwards and reset esc perimeters.

Disclaimer, I am NOT responsible for mistakes or firmware.
This is not true. All the box does is communicate with the esc and adjust the settings that are already installed into the speed control. If you wanted to switch firmware from say 930stock to 508_No_Timing you wouldn't install the firmware into the box, then into the esc. You need to hook the speed control into the pc program to update firmwares through the program box that is hooked to the usb link.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
What motor was being run? How many cell pack?
tekin 1900 on 4s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.