Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yup,my E Maxx rarely cogs, on 2S/ 3S it's fine and only a little in low speed gear on 4S, when I tend to go really slow, crawling on stuff. In high, 4S it's fine. Something I rarely do on 4S. 2S in 1st is kind of cool for that sometimes and doesn't cog at all.

Thanks for pointing that out on the manual, I read through it, but must have missed it. I don't want to update the esc for something as minor as the 3S miscount issue.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input. One more question: the xerun 120-150A esc's calibrating fine with Spektrum DX3C, DX3R radios?
I have to change my Turnigy 150A esc because it cannot be calibrated with Spektrum radios (doesnt recognise reverse at setup).
Thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by spookie
Yup,my E Maxx rarely cogs, on 2S/ 3S it's fine and only a little in low speed gear on 4S, when I tend to go really slow, crawling on stuff. In high, 4S it's fine. Something I rarely do on 4S. 2S in 1st is kind of cool for that sometimes and doesn't cog at all.

Thanks for pointing that out on the manual, I read through it, but must have missed it. I don't want to update the esc for something as minor as the 3S miscount issue.
Glad i could help. 3s is just an oddly sized pack and the voltage sometimes causes problems.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Totally 100% confused

Hi there..I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section, but Google directed me here. I recently purchased the EZRun 3656 4700KV BL & WP SC8 120A ESC combo. I am extremely satisfied with the performance. It has put some serious stomp into my Traxxas 2wd Stampede and made my truck the envy of the neighborhood RC club. I totally love it!!

That said, I am new to brushless and I still trying to learn the ins and outs of the system. I am confused on battery compatibility for my particular system. When I bought the system I also purchased 2 batteries, One is a Turnigy 5.0 5000mAH 20-30C 2S pack, Gives it plenty of power but I don't like it because it doesn't fit the Stampede's battery tray quite right. But I purchased it to get use to the new to me power of brushless. I also purchased a Venom 4000mAH 20C 3S hard case battery that will fit the Stampede battery tray much better. Problem is I am still wet behind the ears with this technology and after reading through the units specs I am at a confusional fork in the road.

If I am interpreting the specs correct, this particular system with the 4700KV motor is not advisable to use a 3S. I would need a motor less than but equal to 4000KV. Am I correct in assuming I shouldn't use a 3S with the 4700KV motor?

I hope you can help. I am so confused. I ran brushed motors for years and I can't get out of that mindset just yet. I love my HW EZ-Run system and wouldn't trade it for the world. If I need a different motor to run my 3S battery then I will shop for one. Additionally, what is the best battery I can possibly purchase for my particular system?
Old 08-28-2013, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thefixxer73
Hi there..I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section, but Google directed me here. I recently purchased the EZRun 3656 4700KV BL & WP SC8 120A ESC combo. I am extremely satisfied with the performance. It has put some serious stomp into my Traxxas 2wd Stampede and made my truck the envy of the neighborhood RC club. I totally love it!!

That said, I am new to brushless and I still trying to learn the ins and outs of the system. I am confused on battery compatibility for my particular system. When I bought the system I also purchased 2 batteries, One is a Turnigy 5.0 5000mAH 20-30C 2S pack, Gives it plenty of power but I don't like it because it doesn't fit the Stampede's battery tray quite right. But I purchased it to get use to the new to me power of brushless. I also purchased a Venom 4000mAH 20C 3S hard case battery that will fit the Stampede battery tray much better. Problem is I am still wet behind the ears with this technology and after reading through the units specs I am at a confusional fork in the road.

If I am interpreting the specs correct, this particular system with the 4700KV motor is not advisable to use a 3S. I would need a motor less than but equal to 4000KV. Am I correct in assuming I shouldn't use a 3S with the 4700KV motor?

I hope you can help. I am so confused. I ran brushed motors for years and I can't get out of that mindset just yet. I love my HW EZ-Run system and wouldn't trade it for the world. If I need a different motor to run my 3S battery then I will shop for one. Additionally, what is the best battery I can possibly purchase for my particular system?
2s with my SCT Pro and the 4700 i was hitting 39mph in my SCTE 2.0 so im not sure why with a stampede u need more but yes, the 3s should have a lower Kv motor just like the VXL system has a 3500 motor to where 2s and 3s can be used
Old 08-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
2s with my SCT Pro and the 4700 i was hitting 39mph in my SCTE 2.0 so im not sure why with a stampede u need more but yes, the 3s should have a lower Kv motor just like the VXL system has a 3500 motor to where 2s and 3s can be used
Thank you very much. I am so happy to finally have a black and white answer. I have been able to hit 45mph verified by GPS geared 19/87 on 2S. I just was curious what I could top out at if I were able to use 3S.

Still unsure of the gearing but was told on the traxxas forums that 19/87 was a good start.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thefixxer73
Thank you very much. I am so happy to finally have a black and white answer. I have been able to hit 45mph verified by GPS geared 19/87 on 2S. I just was curious what I could top out at if I were able to use 3S.

Still unsure of the gearing but was told on the traxxas forums that 19/87 was a good start.
Yup and that's good ratio to start with. Watch the temps on the motor and esc.Roughly esc 140 and motor no more than 150-160 degrees, too much heat is a motor and esc killer. If it's a little to wild, drop the pinion some to say 17 tooth. My son had a Rustler, same gearing. He wanted to put a 23 tooth pinion in and I asked him why on earth would you do that lol. He didn't but started snapping driveshafts anyway. 3S on a velinion 3500 motor.

This site will give you an idea of how fast it is with you're particular setup. http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Yup and that's good ratio to start with. Watch the temps on the motor and esc.Roughly esc 140 and motor no more than 150-160 degrees, too much heat is a motor and esc killer. If it's a little to wild, drop the pinion some to say 17 tooth. My son had a Rustler, same gearing. He wanted to put a 23 tooth pinion in and I asked him why on earth would you do that lol. He didn't but started snapping driveshafts anyway. 3S on a velinion 3500 motor.

This site will give you an idea of how fast it is with you're particular setup
Yep, I have been using that site for a couple years now. Using my system and selected a 3S it was almost 70mph. I can see a trail of parts at that speed lol!!

Snapped drive shafts aren't and issue. I upgraded to mips the same time I got the new BL system. I dumped a ton of $ into my Stampede the last month to make it fast and furious. Lots of RPM parts.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good battery for my system in a stampede. As I mentioned in my op Im using a Turnigy 5000mAH 20-30c 2S but because of how pwr wires come out of the pack I can't get it to sit in the battery tub right and I had to move the Rx just to half ass get it to fit. Since I can't go 3S on the 4700kv..what is the biggest 2S I could use?
Old 08-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by odiefish
I am getting ready to install an Ezrun WP-60, I plan on running it with lipo but I have a 7 cell nimh that I like to use when I am on shorter runs or letting friends using my truck. I saw in the manual this:

"Cooling fan (12V): The high voltage fan is necessary when you are using 3S
Lipo or NiMH battery more than 6 cells.
WARNING! Please note the original cooling fan (5V) can only work with 2S Lipo
or 4-6 cells NiMH battery. DON’T use it with a 3S Lipo or NiMH battery more than 6
cells. Please check the label of the cooling fan carefully to confirm its working
voltage before using it."

Is this really true?
Bumping this back up. Just wondering if I can not run a 7 cell nimh from time to time or if there is away to rig power to the fan from the servo or something else?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The first one will be the lcd box software and the second will be the current firmware in the esc.
Ok, so what should the first and second software be? I have 1.08 for the first and 1.01_1 for the second....I would think the sct Speedo should have a set program being its a 4pole motor..I'm getting frustrated because nobody from hoobywing is stating what software should be ran in the sct Speedo...I wouldn't worry about it if all the sct Speedos I got came with all the same software, but they don't. My buddy has 1.00_1 in his and it's a rocket and runs cool, I have 1.01_1 and runs hotter and slower....what's right or wrong.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default Software versions simplified

Hobbwing/Cobra
Could you please simplify firmware versions so that normal people can read them. 1.xx and if bigger revisions 2.xx and 3.xx, etc.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Hobbwing/Cobra
Could you please simplify firmware versions so that normal people can read them. 1.xx and if bigger revisions 2.xx and 3.xx, etc.

Thanks
+1
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Sct pro problem

I have the sctpro with tekin 4600 kv and the truck runs fine but when I bring it back to the pits and take the body off the red and green are flashing sensor wire is new. What causes this it isn't to hot either.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastchvy
Ok, so what should the first and second software be? I have 1.08 for the first and 1.01_1 for the second....I would think the sct Speedo should have a set program being its a 4pole motor..I'm getting frustrated because nobody from hoobywing is stating what software should be ran in the sct Speedo...I wouldn't worry about it if all the sct Speedos I got came with all the same software, but they don't. My buddy has 1.00_1 in his and it's a rocket and runs cool, I have 1.01_1 and runs hotter and slower....what's right or wrong.
Let me do this, let me hook up my lcd box today to the pc, and take a picture of what it says about which firmware goes on which esc. There are two listed on my box, one is 1.08 and the other is like 1.11 or something. I do remember the 1.08 does everything except two esc's per the sidebar notes. Then you can decide which firmware goes on which esc. I don't want to brick yours by giving the wrong advice. You have to make sure before hooking to the esc, that you have the right one loaded in the box.

Eta pics
This is using the newest Hobbywing usb link software. V3.3 I hope this helps.

Over on the left you can see the two different firmware listed
I have 1.08 loaded for my 150A V2 Pro or as they list it, Type B.

Last edited by spookie; 08-29-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So why does the box have 1.08 and the Speedo has something else?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.