Search
Like Tree4Likes

Viper RC -

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
We are currently working to get a64 out to everyone - yes, we are waiting to have it posted on the website. We have been working internally to update units so new ones going out, already have the latest software installed. I am sure there are some distributors or dealers that have stock with the old software, but ideally that will get turned over quickly. Meanwhile we keep updating -- check the pick below -- two VLinks - non stop!!!
Hey isn't that my VTX8? lol
Old 02-26-2014, 03:33 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here's something we haven't discussed in a bit....when are the 4x4 short course motors coming out? I've got a Tekin that has seen better days, an orion with stripped endbell screw holes and an old Hobbywing. Outdoor season is just around the corner (I hope...I'm tired of freezing up here) so I need to get a new motor!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Expected delivery mid to end of March, is what the factory has told me.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
thats pretty cool you guys are updating stuff in house like that.

Some companies would just say screw it and ship it, and you then have to install.
We even tried to time it a little so most of the big dealers that work with us were low, so all the new stuff going out is "updated".
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

UP date first run!!!

Ok I am a little disappointed here. I spent good money on this setup. I was thinking I would have some scorched melted plastic from the friction going through the atmosphere. Yet I was only able to get to warp 8.9. What gives here? I thought for sure I would hit warp 9.0 to 9.5?

OK all joking aside. When you hammer the throttle, this thing fly's!!! I was 3/4 of the way down the straight and had 2 blow overs, to many wheelies to count. OOOHHH so much fun.

This was the first time driving a new truck on a new track. I was messing with the setting as I went. I did have to bring the brakes up to 90% and reverse to 80%.

I was watching the temps all night long. Highest was 126 degrees after about 40 minutes of run time. First time draining a 5000mah battery at the track. Used to breaking something before pack is empty.

So, with temps in the 120 to 130's, can I go up a tooth or two on the pinion? I did so many 360's from to much throttle. Hard to keep the tires planted. I am running new Bar Codes, gold with a coat of Monkey Spunk tire sauce. Still had a hard time keeping the rear tires from spinning.

Buzz.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard
UP date first run!!!

Ok I am a little disappointed here. I spent good money on this setup. I was thinking I would have some scorched melted plastic from the friction going through the atmosphere. Yet I was only able to get to warp 8.9. What gives here? I thought for sure I would hit warp 9.0 to 9.5?

OK all joking aside. When you hammer the throttle, this thing fly's!!! I was 3/4 of the way down the straight and had 2 blow overs, to many wheelies to count. OOOHHH so much fun.

This was the first time driving a new truck on a new track. I was messing with the setting as I went. I did have to bring the brakes up to 90% and reverse to 80%.

I was watching the temps all night long. Highest was 126 degrees after about 40 minutes of run time. First time draining a 5000mah battery at the track. Used to breaking something before pack is empty.

So, with temps in the 120 to 130's, can I go up a tooth or two on the pinion? I did so many 360's from to much throttle. Hard to keep the tires planted. I am running new Bar Codes, gold with a coat of Monkey Spunk tire sauce. Still had a hard time keeping the rear tires from spinning.

Buzz.
you don't want to go over 150 for temps. What turn motor is it?

I run my 17.5t up to about 150 and my mod motors are closer to 100-110.

Also what vehicle is it? I may be able to offer some help as to what settings you can change to make it even better.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:05 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

blvdbuzzard, start by taking the throttle punch down....a lot. Wheel spin is your enemy and there aren't too many entry level club racers who can handle a car that can pull wheelies on the straights.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Adept

The wheelies came from me hitting the throttle and any bump I hit at the wrong time. It happened the most just after the track was watered. I had a lot better traction. As the track dried out, I started to do 360's.

I have a LOT to learn. I am not racing in any club, just me and my brother running around the SDRC track having tons of fun. I did notice a after my brother bought some of the tire sauce, I was able to keep the truck planted better.

I have a lot of suspension tuning to do after this first run. That will help a lot too. I did notice after the 3rd battery, 3 hours on the track, I was doing a lot better keeping the power of this monster under control. Also going from a 4x4 to the 2wd SC10.2, is a huge change in how you drive.

I am running a 9.5T, punch is at 60%, practice mode, brakes at 90%, reverse at 80%, the rest is default settings.

We had so much fun. We are sore from laughing at each others very very poor driving skills. This is SOOOOO worth the fun we have.

Buzz.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
We even tried to time it a little so most of the big dealers that work with us were low, so all the new stuff going out is "updated".
lol. you guys being stand up like that is why I tried to find out as much as possible when you were making a USVTA legal ESC before settling on the ones I have now.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blvdbuzzard
The wheelies came from me hitting the throttle and any bump I hit at the wrong time. It happened the most just after the track was watered. I had a lot better traction. As the track dried out, I started to do 360's.

I have a LOT to learn. I am not racing in any club, just me and my brother running around the SDRC track having tons of fun. I did notice a after my brother bought some of the tire sauce, I was able to keep the truck planted better.

I have a lot of suspension tuning to do after this first run. That will help a lot too. I did notice after the 3rd battery, 3 hours on the track, I was doing a lot better keeping the power of this monster under control. Also going from a 4x4 to the 2wd SC10.2, is a huge change in how you drive.

I am running a 9.5T, punch is at 60%, practice mode, brakes at 90%, reverse at 80%, the rest is default settings.

We had so much fun. We are sore from laughing at each others very very poor driving skills. This is SOOOOO worth the fun we have.

Buzz.
Sounds like you are having a blast. Don't mess with it until you are ready to fine tune. Just watch your temps. Keep them under control and you're fine.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Are you guys using the same settings as you did for the a55 firmware? I changed profile #1 on my vtx10 with a64 to be just like my a55 was. I see you guys are still turning on the dynamic braking by default. I thought for off-road that was considered to be not great? Bu the off-road profiles have it.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

Having huge issues with my ESC shutting down. Tried everything suggested. Would love to send it back, but unable to locate receipt from large purchase I made when I bought the buggy it was in back in December. Is there something I can still do to send it back for a fix?

Already purchased another ESC, but would like my $200 spent on this one to work for another rc if possible.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Look at your order history online
Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rybeau40
Having huge issues with my ESC shutting down. Tried everything suggested. Would love to send it back, but unable to locate receipt from large purchase I made when I bought the buggy it was in back in December. Is there something I can still do to send it back for a fix?

Already purchased another ESC, but would like my $200 spent on this one to work for another rc if possible.
who did you buy it from? if you got it online, you should be able to look it up. If from your LHS, then I dunno. My LHS has terrible receipts. Which esc?
Old 02-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rybeau40

What did you try? I only ask because one thing that will keep the button from working is if the esc is not in neutral. You can trim your radio to achieve this. Just checking to make sure you checked that.

Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.