Old 09-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
with no heat sink it is 18mm h
with heat sink it is 24.73mm h
with heatsink and fan is 34mm
\

Thanks for the clarification, that makes a whole lot more sense!
Old 09-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Can I just condirm that the 2 in 1 LCD box will work with the new Xtreme Stock esc. as long as I download the latest firmware for the Program box? (which I presume is available from a PM to Cobraracing)

Specifically regarding item 9, and 12 - 15. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin Koback
\

Thanks for the clarification, that makes a whole lot more sense!
your welcome kevin anything else you need just email me at [email protected]

thank you once again for your support of hobbywing.

regards Angelo
Old 09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chinaman
Can I just condirm that the 2 in 1 LCD box will work with the new Xtreme Stock esc. as long as I download the latest firmware for the Program box? (which I presume is available from a PM to Cobraracing)

Specifically regarding item 9, and 12 - 15. Thanks.
Dear tom

sending email with your software upgrade now .

thank you once again for your support of hobbywing products

regards Angelo
Old 09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hardmankam
Yes, it will only work in the XERUN v2.0 series.

As for 8.5R motors, the manufacturer suggests not to use turbo due to excessive heat built-up on the ESC and motor. Although I know some people have tried supercharger with MOD motors. You will just have to use very mild settings and monitor the motor temp.
I dont recommed it with mod motors you might think its ok after a couple of runs and maybe try more but eventually it will fail on you .the supercharger software is only recommened with 10.5T and up now with mod motors it makes no difference as mods are fast enough but it will create heat thus damaging you solid state components and silicons will start to break down and eventually fail .

so its not recommended .Think about it this way you cannot put a big turbo charger on high boost in an actual full size car without decompressing the motor and running massive pipes and intercoolers right ?so the same things goes with brushless heat is a major killer so to run turbo on a mod is the same thing eventually you will kill the esc and the motor.

But you might say ill turn down the settings on the mod with turbo yes you can do that but that will also turn down the performance of the mod motor .
Old 09-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hardmankam
Yes, it will only work in the XERUN v2.0 series.

As for 8.5R motors, the manufacturer suggests not to use turbo due to excessive heat built-up on the ESC and motor. Although I know some people have tried supercharger with MOD motors. You will just have to use very mild settings and monitor the motor temp.
I have a Tamiya F103 GT (Direct drive TC). I tried it with :
- brushed 11*2 : speed and acceleration are decent, but a bit soft
- LRP Vector X11 Stock Spec 8.5 (with LRP ESC) (4700 KV, 300W) : better than with my brushed 11*2 but nothing unbelievable
- EZRun with 5.5T (6000 kV, unknown power) : I never managed to get full throttle, even with a 100 meters straight line
So I'm looking for a motor/ESC that could be between my 2 BL combos, around 5500 KV. But with a feature such as this software, I don't really know which motor to use or buy. This car is very strange, with its 2WD, direct drive tranny, FDR is about 3.32 and rollout around 60mm
Old 09-14-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Adept

I know it's been asked before, but let me remind it once again...

Please Angelo and/or HW revise your instructions so that everything is identical on the LCD and the PDF!

Please!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steliosh

Please Angelo and/or HW revise your instructions so that everything is identical on the LCD and the PDF!

Please!!!
I was noticing that myself today, but I think it's just a single guy who worked up that sheet, I don't think it has anything to do with HW, which is a shame cause it's very good to have.

My biggest gripe, or general future feature request, is I'd still like to see all features called exactly what they are, like static motor timing, full throttle extra motor timing, and rpm timing spread or something like that, all this turbo and boost terminology needs to go, all it does is confuse most people about what the setting actually do.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steliosh

Please!!!
The setup sheet has been written by a racer link to speed passion ,it is a good sheet and excellent write up but has nothing to do with HW as far as i know all our instructions and lcd software wording is the same .

Now turbo is known by everyone or boost once you start going to static timing etc not everyone knows those words and will confuse more people ive got guys now from malaysia and other parts of the world that dont understand turbo imagine more difficult words it will be a nightmare .we keep it simple .but if you guys have other ideas please email me and we can vote .

we are a team here and that includes all of us from directors to customers so lets hear what you guys want and lets see what we can come up with .

regards ANgelo
Old 09-14-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

hi guys......wanting to know...probably been answered here before...
which is the best HW ESC for mod????? i know its 120A V2 or V2.1 or just get a SP GT V2.....
Old 09-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade072
hi guys......wanting to know...probably been answered here before...
which is the best HW ESC for mod????? i know its 120A V2 or V2.1 or just get a SP GT V2.....

DAvid

In HW the latest version is obviously 2.1 with the 2 cap board. Generally a far cheaper option than its clone brother from SP
Old 09-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
DAvid

In HW the latest version is obviously 2.1 with the 2 cap board. Generally a far cheaper option than its clone brother from SP
thats what i was guessing....but better components used in the SP???
heard 2.0 was better for mod......but could be personal preference....
but HW make BLACK.....
Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Initiate

I know hobbywing check this thread

I working to incrase timing on sensorless mode with atmega8

less noise than sensored method and more safe for all motor not all brand of motor doesnt have same sensor timing
Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi.

Does anybody know how big the rotor of the XR3650 motor series are?

Thanx
Old 09-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

FYI everybody,

If you need help contact Angelo. I had a lot of stupid questions and he was quick to answer most of them. He really does give you customer support. I pm'd him my email address and he got back to me in less than day. Thanks Angelo!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.