Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:31 AM
Tech Rookie

That would interest me too, if you have a program card, then you can simply test
Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Overunitygreg
Is there any way to install supercharge software into my xerun 150 esc?
No.
When you connect the 150A esc to your PC, the usb link software automatically recognises the hardware version and will only show firmwares compatible with the esc.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Has anyone tried increasing the cap size on a HW ESC to increase brakes?

I'm using a Justock with V3_508_NO_timing FW in a 17.5 and 13.5 TC and the brakes are horrible. 2 different motor's; 17.5 Thunder Power and the 13.5 Revtech.

I did not have this issue with a Tekin w/223 fw.

I love this ESC but it needs better braking. Any help would be appreciated.
Yep, the stock 'single' cap is a bit rubbish if you need more brakes, I switched to the twin cap that is used on most of the more recent models (and is sold as an option), and it picked up a good amount of brakes over the stock cap.
If you needed more you could also try one of the 4 cap boards around if you have room for it.

Actually other hot tip for the Justock, don't upgrade the firmware, it's slower and has less throttle feel, seriously go back to V1-508, also crank the punch to 9 (if the traction is there), dial reverse to 100% (even if your not using it), and bring the dead stick down to 6, all make for a tight feeling $55 ESC.
I'm racing in a field of people with $200-$300 speed controllers, and doing just fine.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Angelo,

Has the latest firmware update fixed the problem with reverse not working when using Initial Brake = Drag Brake force in Forward/Reverse with Brake mode...the reverse only works if a value is set in Initial Brake Force

V1.64 didn't have this problem but unfortunately there's no going back to V1 firmware once the programmer has V3 firmware installed

If this can't be fixed it would be great to add Custom to Initial Brake Force setting

An android smart phone app would be really cool to be able to program the box at the race

Kev
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Good morning Angelo,

I sent you a few emails reference payment for the speed control, so I'm trying this medium just encase our emails are having issues communicating.

Thanks
Milton
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

hey guys I am a newly converted tekin guy now running the v3 with the latest firmware, and am having great succuess in 17.5 and 13.5 blinky touring car. I am currently running the stock settings that come with profile 2. No complaints at all here. One question I do have is that, I do not know what the throttle and brake rate switch points are, nor, do i know what the first and 2nd stage rates are. If anybody could help me out here and explain a little bit more what these settings are and what they do, or how they affect the car and the speed, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrayaustin
hey guys I am a newly converted tekin guy now running the v3 with the latest firmware, and am having great succuess in 17.5 and 13.5 blinky touring car. I am currently running the stock settings that come with profile 2. No complaints at all here. One question I do have is that, I do not know what the throttle and brake rate switch points are, nor, do i know what the first and 2nd stage rates are. If anybody could help me out here and explain a little bit more what these settings are and what they do, or how they affect the car and the speed, that would be greatly appreciated.
please send me an email i have a complete explanation pdf file that i can email you .

[email protected]
Old 08-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Dear Cobra.
Can you send me too?
[email protected]
Thank you so much!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

The Caps dont give you what you guys think is more brakes more caps more brakes not true

The cap board only tries to equalise the voltage of the esc never perfect and the battery also controls ripple current that the motor can produce being a alternating device through to the esc causing heat but that can also be reduce by using a fan always use a fan thats why it is provided a cooler esc means more efficiency = more performance,the rest of the board filters glitches and sometimes if your lucky you might blow the cap board when you reverse polarity the battery to esc and not damage the esc but that all depends how quick you are to remove the connectors thats all it does .

Brakes are features of your own car setup ,track conditions,tyres and software adjustment .
Old 08-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ManxPlumber
Hi Angelo,

Has the latest firmware update fixed the problem with reverse not working when using Initial Brake = Drag Brake force in Forward/Reverse with Brake mode...the reverse only works if a value is set in Initial Brake Force

V1.64 didn't have this problem but unfortunately there's no going back to V1 firmware once the programmer has V3 firmware installed

If this can't be fixed it would be great to add Custom to Initial Brake Force setting

An android smart phone app would be really cool to be able to program the box at the race

Kev
yes it has been fixed please send me an email and i can forward the file to you for instal.

what programmer are you uing hobbywing?Orion?hype? speed passion which one is it ?

Android app we are Discussing now .

we are also inplememnting neutral range for the v3 like the 2.1 has

regards Angelo
Old 08-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oaktreevi
Good morning Angelo,

I sent you a few emails reference payment for the speed control, so I'm trying this medium just encase our emails are having issues communicating.

Thanks
Milton
Dear Milton

Yes i recieved the email and it was passed onto accounts and they should have sent you out an invoice for the repair .

I will chase it up now

regards Angelo
Old 08-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Overunitygreg
Is there any way to install supercharge software into my xerun 150 esc?
No as we tested this feature and because of the large frequency noise of the big 550 can motors way to many errors occured at the sensor port .You will have noticed that no manufacturer uses turbo for 1/8th scale esc's as they would face the same issues.Ive explained why we didnt go that way in this thread a few pages back

regards Angelo
Old 08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Dear Milton

Yes i recieved the email and it was passed onto accounts and they should have sent you out an invoice for the repair .

I will chase it up now

regards Angelo
Thank you, Angelo.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by banquer
Dear Cobra.
Can you send me too?
[email protected]
Thank you so much!
Another first level support from hobbywing. Only 10 minutes to receive the file.
Angelo, hobbywing has done a forever client on me.
King regards and continue with this great job!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
yes it has been fixed please send me an email and i can forward the file to you for instal.

what programmer are you uing hobbywing?Orion?hype? speed passion which one is it ?

Android app we are Discussing now .

we are also inplememnting neutral range for the v3 like the 2.1 has

regards Angelo
I have a 17.5T hobbywing xtreme stock combo v2.1 with digital programmer and overall I'm super happy with it, I'd say 80% happy. What let's it down is the drag brake with reverse mode but this seems to be fixed.

I'll pm you my email Angelo

Kev

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.