Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I can't promise that i am there this because of work
This weekend will be difficult also as i am running the DTC this sunday.
Going to do my best

regards Roy

Originally Posted by M7H
Roy, please visit the MACH track on a wednesday, maybe even tomorrow.
I know your late from work, but just come along, and I will manage to put the 224 in the ESC for you!
Just bring your car and a 2S lipo, I will put the settings in, so next time you drive your car, you will be surprised!.....
Old 06-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Is there no way to put 100518_STOCK after upgrading it to 110119_STOCK? I thought I'd try the new version to compare it with the old one, but now my old profile is lost. I don't wish to go through setting up this ESC again since it's very hard to get it to perform well and not overheat at the same time (85-90 degrees Celsius is considered good here- using a NOSRAM Pure Spec 10,5T). Plus, general experience from my track says the older software brakes better.

Any good setups for very boosted 10,5T Super Stock with 110119 software and a Xerun 60A V2.0 with a Nosram motor?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

The Nosram Pure is the same as the LRP X12 and the Nosram Pure 2 is the same as the X20 motors.
For some reason i can't get the "old" software back in the ESC.
You could ask Cobraracing for some advice as i did.

regards Roy
Old 06-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Is there no way to put 100518_STOCK after upgrading it to 110119_STOCK? I thought I'd try the new version to compare it with the old one, but now my old profile is lost. I don't wish to go through setting up this ESC again since it's very hard to get it to perform well and not overheat at the same time (85-90 degrees Celsius is considered good here- using a NOSRAM Pure Spec 10,5T). Plus, general experience from my track says the older software brakes better.

Any good setups for very boosted 10,5T Super Stock with 110119 software and a Xerun 60A V2.0 with a Nosram motor?
Go to 205_MOD then upgrade back to 518.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
The Nosram Pure is the same as the LRP X12 and the Nosram Pure 2 is the same as the X20 motors.
For some reason i can't get the "old" software back in the ESC.
You could ask Cobraracing for some advice as i did.

regards Roy
Do you find the older version to be better? I will try the new one tomorrow now that it's in the car so we will see
Old 06-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

As i said i didn't had the luck of running the "old" version software as i can't get it in the ESC.
The "new" software is running ok with the X11 motor, but when running a Pure or X12 it seems that the "old" 224 software is better suited for the motor.
Use the 4 dot insert on the motor tho to keep it cooler.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
Do you find the older version to be better? I will try the new one tomorrow now that it's in the car so we will see
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
asking a bit much now ? if you made the wrong choice and feel a replacment should be a different ESC than the one you baught ? and maybe the correct one for your applications use ? that is not hobbywings responsibility, but more so where you purchased it. Angelo is going to replace it as it seems faulty, but if its not right for the application ? and still doesnt work ? ill be keen to watch this space. i have run the 150 amp for some time, waiting for Turbo software for my application, but its not happening, so i switched brands. my choice. not H/W's responsibility.
DUDE what does it say on the box the esc came in in the picture i posted?
shall i post it again?2-6 cell what does that mean to you ? to me it works with a 2-6 cell,like i stated before why have a setting for it if it is not for 2 cell,and why post it on the box if it does not work with 2 cell???
another thing i seen the warranty is from the production date and not the purchase date is this true???
Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast410
shall i post it again?
Please don't.

Anything.

Ever.

Used to care. Don't anymore.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

agreed enough now, do as you were told to and stop spammimg this site
Old 06-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
agreed enough now, do as you were told to and stop spammimg this site
+1
Old 06-05-2012, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

DUDE what does it say on the box the esc came in in the picture i posted?
shall i post it again?2-6 cell what does that mean to you ? to me it works with a 2-6 cell,like i stated before why have a setting for it if it is not for 2 cell,and why post it on the box if it does not work with 2 cell???
another thing i seen the warranty is from the production date and not the purchase date is this true???
Sir im starting to think your from another brand just causing trouble within this forum .Now to me talk is cheap very cheap i have given you this opertunity to send your esc back for a new one now please lets stop going around in circles and lets fix this issue .

the answer to your post about another esc different specs i cannot help you as you were aware that the 150 amp esc is for 1/8th scale cars from its size and not for sct trucks no matter if it runs a 2 cell or not .Now as you stated you have been building and racing rc cars for over 20 years which means you must have knowledge of what your buying correct ? If i give you what you want as another spec esc i am setting a precedent to allow others to do the same now i will not do that .Its your call thats the best i can do.

Now send it back and lets put a end to this issue once and for all as we all have better things to do like help one another on setups etc than sit aorund on this forum reading posts that dont help anyone .

Please email me the proof of purchase like ive asked you 2 times now .I dont care about the warranty being from the day of manufactured just get it over to me so i can close this issue once and for all.

regards Angelo
Old 06-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Sir im starting to think your from another brand just causing trouble within this forum .Now to me talk is cheap very cheap i have given you this opertunity to send your esc back for a new one now please lets stop going around in circles and lets fix this issue .

the answer to your post about another esc different specs i cannot help you as you were aware that the 150 amp esc is for 1/8th scale cars from its size and not for sct trucks no matter if it runs a 2 cell or not .Now as you stated you have been building and racing rc cars for over 20 years which means you must have knowledge of what your buying correct ? If i give you what you want as another spec esc i am setting a precedent to allow others to do the same now i will not do that .Its your call thats the best i can do.

Now send it back and lets put a end to this issue once and for all as we all have better things to do like help one another on setups etc than sit aorund on this forum reading posts that dont help anyone .

Please email me the proof of purchase like ive asked you 2 times now .I dont care about the warranty being from the day of manufactured just get it over to me so i can close this issue once and for all.

regards Angelo
you have my email should have kept it threw thereand this would not happen..
the esc i bought says clearly for 2 cell to 6 cell so i do want a 2 cell esc that works with a 2 cell like it states ,it does not know what scale car it is in a smaller motor takes less to run it than a 1/8th scale motor,correct,you can end this so easlly by doing the rite thing ,a big company like you have cant make it right??? just give me the right stuff and i will go away... I did not read the specs wrong a 2 cell is a 2 cell,if it does not work with it than your specs on the box are wrong,no matter what size motor,so you all say im crying over a 100.00 esc but hobbywing wont make it right and they are a big company to step up and say the box specs are incorrect and the specs on hobbypartz.com are incorrect and i see why you got the esc because of whats on the site and the box so we will take care of it and make sure hobbypartz up dates the site so no one else does the same thing....tekins are for 1/8th scale too but every one runs them in sc 4x4 so it does not over work the esc,

Last edited by Fast410; 06-05-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

the esc i bought says clearly for 2 cell to 6 cell so i do want a 2 cell esc that works with a 2 cell like it states ,it does not know what scale car it is in a smaller motor takes less to run it than a 1/8th scale motor,correct,you can end this so easlly by doing the rite thing ,a big company like you have cant make it right??? just give me the right stuff and i will go away... I did not read the specs wrong a 2 cell is a 2 cell,if it does not work with it than your specs on the box are wrong,no matter what size motor,so you all say im crying over a 100.00 esc but hobbywing wont make it right and they are a big company to step up and say the box specs are incorrect and the specs on hobbypartz.com are incorrect and i see why you got the esc because of whats on the site and the box so we will take care of it and make sure hobbypartz up dates the site so no one else does the same thing....tekins are for 1/8th scale too but every one runs them in sc 4x4 so it does not over work the esc,
You have been offered another speed controller so why not take up the offer?

also you are running a 10th scale SCT and the 150 amp clearly says its for 8th and 5th scale and on the website says not recommended for 2x cell..that is the facts..why didnt you buy the appropriate speed controller for youre scale?

Tekin dont do a dedicated SCT speed controller so maybe thats why there bigger rx8 works.

you really are hard work
Old 06-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

GOD !! this bloke is starting to piss me off... Stop filling this thread with crap. Cant someone ban him from this forum ???
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by malcnz
You have been offered another speed controller so why not take up the offer?

also you are running a 10th scale SCT and the 150 amp clearly says its for 8th and 5th scale and on the website says not recommended for 2x cell..that is the facts..why didnt you buy the appropriate speed controller for youre scale?

Tekin dont do a dedicated SCT speed controller so maybe thats why there bigger rx8 works.

you really are hard work
that is as heavy as a 1/8th scale and a 4x4 ,and read what is on the box picture i posted where does it say not recomended for 2 cell,then go on hobbypartz.com and look it up and you will see the same thing as on my box ,that is why i bought it get it yet??????
people put 1/10 scale motors and esc in 1/12 scale rc cars too are they doing something wrong??? they do it on big tracks like i race on to have a mod car or truck that does not over work the motor and esc you see my point,Its like some that try to run mod with a high turn motor and a small esc then they add boost and timming and still cant keep up with the low turn motors with a bigger esc that stays nice and cool with out over working itself and burning up,tekin is made for 1/8 scale i see it in 1/10 all the time for the reasons i state,you only get the big burst if it is turned up or your epa is 100-125% which mine is not ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.