Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

So I'm picking up a 120amp 1 cell esc from a buddy locally. The esc has the 2-3s heatsink. I would like to know what would be the lowest turn motor and boost profile to safely run in my touring car. I'd like to run a 5.0 turn on low boost, but I really don't have to run the car with a motor with that low of a turn. I will be using the esc in my WGT as well, but I'm not concerned as I know it's made for running 1 cell. Just don't want the esc overheating. I can put a fan on the esc as well, so that's an option to add to the boost profile and motor turn.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The motor turn limit on that esc is 3.5t when using a 2s lipo. You can't use 3s lipos with that esc. Hobbywing recommends using the heatsink and fan when using 2s lipos.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Definitely won't be using 3s, heatsink is there, fan will be added. Thanks. Just wasnt' sure with boost the lower turned motor would be okay. I know it had a 3.5 turn limit, but figured that was without boost.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Warren Weaver
Set your Epa to 80 and program Esc after it is programmed set it to 100 it worked for me lots of brake when needed
done that - no difference :-(
Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rc_speed
also check the programming of the esc. One of the items that you can change is the amount of brake. Make sure it is set to 100%. I think the default is less than that, somewhere around 80%.
done that - no difference :-( (default is 62.5%)
Old 05-29-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chris_dono
Is that Duncan ? If so, send the cap back to me mate, and I'll get you another one out !
Hi Chris,

Thanks I will do, it frightened the life out of me when it went just glad it was nothing more serious.

Cheers
Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The only issue the usb link software had was the main page not responding that issue now has been fixed with v3.1

Wont see the esc that can be your usb from your pc.

for the cap to explode means your esc's average voltage is not matched or closely matched to your battery voltage thus causing massive amounts of ripple current causing heat within the cap and boom .I recommend for the lower turn motors to run the 4 cap board because many motors on the market mightproduce a larger than expected ripply current .
Hi Angelo,

I thought I was running V3.1 but will check, it was running on Windows 7 would that make a difference? We know how flakey windows can be! As I say after a reboot of the PC worked fine. Is there a correct procedure for disconnecting the ESC? Turn off the ESC before shutting down the programme etc..?

On the cap front my motor wind was 21.5t so from what you are saying the x2 should have been ok? As I say x4 worked perfectly for the rest of the day.

Just need to find some more track time to play now!!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
done that - no difference :-( (default is 62.5%)
Try adding a x4 cap mine seemed to improve when I replaced the x2
Old 05-29-2012, 05:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
Hi,

just got my HobbyWing V3 esc and trying this new TP 13.5 motor but i seem to have very little brakes. Anyone else had this problem ? i'm running fdr approx 5.9 on a tarmac outdoor track which has a 50m straight.
I agree. The brakes are too soft. I'm forced too run drag brake a little higher. (%40.00-50). I played around with a lot of settings and still could not get it like a speed passion 2.0. Throttle feels great. Brakes are soft. I'm using a TP 17.5 with blue rotor. Could it be a T.P. thing.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FunkyDunky
Hi Angelo,

I thought I was running V3.1 but will check, it was running on Windows 7 would that make a difference? We know how flakey windows can be! As I say after a reboot of the PC worked fine. Is there a correct procedure for disconnecting the ESC? Turn off the ESC before shutting down the programme etc..?

On the cap front my motor wind was 21.5t so from what you are saying the x2 should have been ok? As I say x4 worked perfectly for the rest of the day.

Just need to find some more track time to play now!!
yes please switch everything off before shutting down the program .I have noticed as well when you remove the usb cable to the pc and then plug it in again the esc will appear in the usb link software remove it only if the esc doesnt appear first time around .Windows can be a pain in the arse sometimes .But by shutting it all down esc first then program and then startup plug eveything in launch the usb link on the pc and then turn the esc on etc etc i dont see you having a problem in the future .

You cap dieing could have two things 1 the cap board was faulty like the dielectric had already broken down in the cap or the battery might have had a massive surge for some reason .

Im glad it now all works and your ready to rock and roll again .

Angelo
Old 05-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is it HW V3 also make for Yokomo Esc BL ?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smilekt
is it HW V3 also make for Yokomo Esc BL ?
Yes the Yokomo unit is a branded HW.V3
Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Considering to get the V3, but cannot find it on the usual rc stores I usually get on the internet and probably by what I saw here will not be able, but even on the top ones you cannot find it, at least I could not.
Anyone can point a place where I can get it? Otherwise will be heading for a Tekin RS Pro as some of the guys here are running it.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabricio
Considering to get the V3, but cannot find it on the usual rc stores I usually get on the internet and probably by what I saw here will not be able, but even on the top ones you cannot find it, at least I could not.
Anyone can point a place where I can get it? Otherwise will be heading for a Tekin RS Pro as some of the guys here are running it.
www.teamcrc.com
www.falconsekido.com
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys, I just wanted to thank Angelo for the awesome customer service that I have recently recieved with the Hobbywing product.

Roy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.