Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Are all the Motors you have used thunder power motors even the new ones ?
Yes they are,both brand new 21.5 Thunder Powers.
Thank you for replying.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
any news for 150 amp Turbo ? much longer and ill off load my gear and go to more cells.
We have tested turbo functions on the 150 amp and the amount of frequency noise from the motor causes the esc to go from sensored to sensorless .

Motor noise is a major issue at the moment and to be honest i can't see michael releasing any software that will not work and cause major reliability issues.

To produce turbo even with small settings we feel that the software at the moment has more than enough power .many do tell me we need to tone it down not tone it up .
Old 05-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

We have tested turbo functions on the 150 amp and the amount of frequency noise from the motor causes the esc to go from sensored to sensorless .

Motor noise is a major issue at the moment and to be honest i can't see michael releasing any software that will not work and cause major reliability issues.

To produce turbo even with small settings we feel that the software at the moment has more than enough power .many do tell me we need to tone it down not tone it up .
again this is for onroad 1/8th ! we need more speed. thats fine, ill off load my HW stuff.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XSLR8
Yes they are,both brand new 21.5 Thunder Powers.
Thank you for replying.
Both motors cogg even with the sensor lead unplugged !
The only way to stop it is to retard the timing on the motor to less than zero.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are all the Motors you have used thunder power motors even the new ones ?The thunder power motors have end bell adjustment from 0 degree to 50 degree .We need your settings before we can help you esc and motor.
thunder power need run 25 on motor
Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Craig W
thunder power need run 25 on motor
Anything over 0 and they cogg badly,settings I have used as a start is the pre-set 17.5 v3 settings with FDR of 6.1
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

again this is for onroad 1/8th ! we need more speed. thats fine, ill off load my HW stuff.
Add a bigger gear or more cells. I don't know your situation, but there has never been a time when the larger motors could be boosted. In most cases the loss in efficiency is much greater than the gain in speed. I have been running a T8 motor in electric offroad with a MMP for a couple of seasons, and it has never been wanting for power. I can understand wanting more top end, but boosting does not work well with large sensored motors. Even the tekin guys don't run in sensored only mode for their large scale stuff. Try a higher KV motor to get more RPM. Or adjust your gearing, and add another cell. Another thing to consider is the physical limitation of RPM on the rotor. Most 4 pole motors are not rated over 80K RPM, so if you are running 6S and a 2600KV motor then you are approaching the physical limit of the motor. If you can't get the gearing to give you enough top speed then add a 2 speed transmission, just like you have to do in nitro. Or 3 speed if the track is really big. Electric is cool because for the most part you don't need to do this, but the RPM range is not unlimited. Adding timing on the smaller motors is possible because it actually adds efficiency and can create more power with only a small amount of loss due to heat. The larger the motor, the more efficient it is and the less power you can get our of it by boosting or adding physical timing to the can. In another thread a couple of engineers where explaining why they don't boost larger motors. But the bottom line is that you don't get anything out of it, just heat, and significantly less run time.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
Hi, what ttpe of track was it on and what settings did you use ?
Track: Asphalt, med speed, 50ft straight
Motor: LRP X12 13.5 0000 timing insert (27.5 deg)
Fdr: 6.44
Boost: 27deg, 8k-15k, linear.
Turbo: 5deg, 20k rpm, Acc 15/0.1, Dec 18/0.1
Temp: 95deg C (Air temp 36 deg C)

More aggressive settings are possible with more power but I'm not too comfy with the temps.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I update my program box to use whit the V3 can I still use it with my xtreme stock
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whityboy
If I update my program box to use whit the V3 can I still use it with my xtreme stock
You will only be able to use it as a link with the HW software. It will not work without the computer. The boxes are cheap enough I am just picking up an extra one.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H

and is your X12 still alive?
Not tried. Don't get much track time due to there being no tracks near me.

It's survived 120c temps before and consistant 100c temps after 5 min runs. It's a tough old blighter!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

there is no esc combo on the planet with turbo functions.whatever you buy you will need more speed.run a 6 cell pack.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XSLR8
Both motors cogg even with the sensor lead unplugged !
The only way to stop it is to retard the timing on the motor to less than zero.
have you tried a different motor? meaning brand not wind
Old 05-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

did you try different batteries?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LOW ET
did you try different batteries?
Batteries I use are Fantom 6500 which are new and work fine in my 13.5 car with the old speedie.
Have not tried other motor yet,but will so I can work out whether it is esc/motor combo or speed control problems.
Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.