Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AI
Hi, Ed
I will run 9.5T in mod class this weekend, only for fun, do more test for april race 9.5T class
I wish you get good results, weather is not rain, we don't need to fight with the rain
Will be interesting to see how 9.5t goes against 4.5t

Don't want anymore rain, have no more special tyres
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

What this Thread need is Hobbywing representative
that talk's directly to Engineer like Michael Liu.
and we thought that person is you Angelo..

Perhaps, if The Forum is listened by HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Directly, every thing would be Fine here.

if only the Forum was made by HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD..........

i think Hobbywingers need to have connected with HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo
What this Thread need is Hobbywing representative
that talk's directly to Engineer like Michael Liu.
and we thought that person is you Angelo..

Perhaps, if The Forum is listened by HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Directly, every thing would be Fine here.

if only the Forum was made by HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD..........

i think Hobbywingers need to have connected with HOBBYWING TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
Irgo that's what i mean about cultural and language issues you didn't understand what a moderator was that i listed .A rep wont be the moderator the moderator is there to control the content that is posted to keep it clean and informative thats all .I will and salton will post the tech info along with your questions and experiences with the product .

do you understand now Irgo ?

Hobbywing especially michael hasn't got any time to answer your questions he runs a factory of more than 130 people and also does the hardware and software design for over 30 oem brands plus hobbywing products so how will he anwer the questions that you bring forward about rpm log 1000 times a month .

come on lets be realistic here .By the way what part of the world are you situated .
Old 03-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

will still be buying HW, won't change my mind.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lohan
The foolish arguing is really annoying - and this unfortunately is no help at all - due to the little tiffs genuine questions go un-answered on this thread.

I personally think that the genuine and real weekness with Hobbywing speedo is a lack of driveability and modulation. Tekin overcome this with 'push control' and having tried a friends car - I think hobbywing should try and emulate this
I have to say, that the first time I drove the HW stock software with some suggested settings (that I think I got from here), it felt awful... like it would punch out the corner, stall, then the boost would kick in and it'd be off... very very difficult to drive smoothly, and modulate the throttle properly
If I remember rightly this was with a low boost start RPM and a high DDRS setting. I remember thinking at the time that is felt like the DDRS was giving the initial kick, and then the low start RPM robbed some of the intial boost (causing the stall).

Adjusting those settings has made the speedo a lot lot smoother to drive. Would be worth a try...

Ed
Old 03-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Irgo that's what i mean about cultural and language issues you didn't understand what a moderator was that i listed .A rep wont be the moderator the moderator is there to control the content that is posted to keep it clean and informative thats all .I will and salton will post the tech info along with your questions and experiences with the product .

do you understand now Irgo ?

Hobbywing especially michael hasn't got any time to answer your questions he runs a factory of more than 130 people and also does the hardware and software design for over 30 oem brands plus hobbywing products so how will he answer the questions that you bring forward about rpm log 1000 times a month .

come on lets be realistic here .By the way what part of the world are you situated .
Ah... i get your point now.
OK, Sir.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default Hobbywing 120A 1s esc

Anybody know if these run on the same software as the 2s versions? The 1s version will also run 2s lipos. I think the only difference between them is the 1s version has a built in voltage booster to power the servo when running 1s lipos. http://www.hobbyhot.com/xerun-blue-b...d-pr-2699.html
Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gusi
That bug is also present in v119. I told Cobra about reintroducing the reverse delay, because if you run sensorless the ESC can't know if the motor is stopped. With sensors it should monitor the rotation, but even with that, I think that a delay is better than accidentally braking twice when stopped and entering reverse.

Cobra told that Michael was going to fix this in a new release after 119, but I see that is not fixed yet. Will it be in the next release? Hopefully not...
From what i am aware of there is no bug in the firmware .but i might be wrong .from what i have tested we have 3 running modes

forward with brake only

foward /reverse with brake ( uses a double click in your throttle is the method to activate reverse so the first click is brake and the second is reverse (so basically a delay )

forward reverse (no brake) uses a single click to reverse the car (no delay)

I have just wired up a new esc with the 119 and 211 and all 3 running modes are listed

please try forward/reverse with brake and you will see the slight delay .
Old 03-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pettyeagles
Anybody know if these run on the same software as the 2s versions? The 1s version will also run 2s lipos. I think the only difference between them is the 1s version has a built in voltage booster to power the servo when running 1s lipos. http://www.hobbyhot.com/xerun-blue-b...d-pr-2699.html
yes that is correct it can run a 2s lipo and yes you are correct the 1s does run a dc to dc converter booster .same software yes .
Old 03-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by irgo
Ah... i get your point now.
OK, Sir.
Please dont take it the wrong way irgo i am your friend and will always be there to support you but i have to be realistic to you and always be honest with you to tell you otherwise would be wrong so that why i tell you that michael just doesnt have the time plus the language is difficult for him to explain anything to you .

Im sure he is working on a rpm log and im sure its due soon .I hope i have made you happy

regards Angelo
Old 03-24-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

yes that is correct it can run a 2s lipo and yes you are correct the 1s does run a dc to dc converter booster .same software yes .
So I can use the lcd programmer as long as both the 1s and 2s esc's are running the same software?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pettyeagles
So I can use the lcd programmer as long as both the 1s and 2s esc's are running the same software?
Yes. But you can also run different software between the 2 ESCs for as long as their listed in the supported firmwares. For example, I'm running 213Stock in my 2S ESC and 119Mod in my 1S ESC... LCD box can still program both.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lohan
The foolish arguing is really annoying - and this unfortunately is no help at all - due to the little tiffs genuine questions go un-answered on this thread.

I personally think that the genuine and real weekness with Hobbywing speedo is a lack of driveability and modulation. Tekin overcome this with 'push control' and having tried a friends car - I think hobbywing should try and emulate this
Could you explain to me this push control?? What is it, what does it do, and how does it make you/car faster. You can send me the info in PM if you prefer, as its not directly HW related.

The HW can be made as drivable or undrivable as any person would like. It has taken me awhile to find the right settings for me, and some other people have not liked them. With this new generation of software (esp 211,213) the customization of the FW is almost endless.

Shawn.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Tech Master

push control lets the motor still run the same rpm when you let off the gas. It is for a certain ammount of time. That time is set with push control. It is something like coasting when you let go of the throttle instead of slowing down emmediatly on the motor. It is there to prevent the emmediate braking on the motor when using very high fdr's/low rollout with a lot of timing. The higher the fdr / lower the rollout the heavier the motor resistance when letting go of the throttle.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 AM
Tech Initiate

From what i am aware of there is no bug in the firmware .but i might be wrong .from what i have tested we have 3 running modes

forward with brake only

foward /reverse with brake ( uses a double click in your throttle is the method to activate reverse so the first click is brake and the second is reverse (so basically a delay )

forward reverse (no brake) uses a single click to reverse the car (no delay)

I have just wired up a new esc with the 119 and 211 and all 3 running modes are listed

please try forward/reverse with brake and you will see the slight delay .
Cobra, have you read the previous post from Irgo about the issue? And do you remember we talked about reintroducing the delay some weeks ago?

Don't tell me that I need to use forward/reverse with brake, because obviously I'm using it. There are two BUGS in the software related to reverse, and if you can't detect it, then you must pass this issue to Michael or any technician. The bugs are:

* The motor rotation is not being monitored by the esc as the instructions say. To check this, run the car fast forward on the track (not on air) and brake two times. Even if the car wheels hasn't stopped in the first brake, the second one enters reverse mode. This makes unusable forward/reverse with brake in normal situations (yes, I use to brake 2 o 3 times when entering a corner, and I don't want to enter reverse accidentaly because my car IS NOT STOPPED YET)

* When running sensorless, there is no way to detect motor rotation. It would be nice to have a delay entering reverse to avoid braking twice and ENTERING REVERSE ACCIDENTALLY. I tried some other brands ESC and behaves this way, and old hobbywing software worked like this before. It was in 2010-09-17 when the delay was eliminated (this can be checked reading the firmware changelist, which says: 2.Optimize the switching of forward and backward)

Is it clear now? Are you going to report this issue to Michael as you promised some weeks ago? Hope we can have this fixed in the next release.

Best regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.