Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by magnum
if you have a 1s speed control and it is prorammed with boost and turbo and then want to race in what is called stok blinky mode, can you just switch by pushing buttons on esc or program box or do you need a differt download with computor? Thanks
you need to load 508 no timing from the pc to your esc .
Old 02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mavrickf1
Hi everyone,
I need some help fast i got myself a hobbywing extreme stock speedo, came this morning installed it about 5 hours ago, and having touble with the setup,
When i set it up there are no beeping sounds and when i finish the setup ( it does let me ) i but on half throttle ish a red LED shows when i go to max Throttle its still red and the motor does not move, i have tryed this with 2 motors.

I have gone over the setup book troubleshoot nother there to help, i have also email the tech side of giantcod about 14:30 ish and no reply so iam open to any ideas to what my be causing this problem.

Thanks to everyone that might be able to help.

Will look at the other pages to see if i can find anything bu its 200 odd to look at
Three things can cause your problem

1.you need to calibrate your throttle (follow the instructions on the manual sheet)

2.abnormal receiver signal (check your receiver and your rx cable )

3.check your battery pack (change it just to trouble shoot ).

you also might need to change your lipo cut off to 3.2V or 3.0v
Old 02-09-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Three things can cause your problem

1.you need to calibrate your throttle (follow the instructions on the manual sheet)

2.abnormal receiver signal (check your receiver and your rx cable )

3.check your battery pack (change it just to trouble shoot ).

you also might need to change your lipo cut off to 3.2V or 3.0v
cheers for your reply i have tryed what you have said still not working, the lipo cut off is set to 3.0v standard setting.

any more ideas what could be doing this, i did but in my old speedo to check the radio gear and that works fine. What a mission LOL
Old 02-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi everyone,
I need some help fast i got myself a hobbywing extreme stock speedo, came this morning installed it about 5 hours ago, and having touble with the setup,
When i set it up there are no beeping sounds and when i finish the setup ( it does let me ) i but on half throttle ish a red LED shows when i go to max Throttle its still red and the motor does not move, i have tryed this with 2 motors.

I have gone over the setup book troubleshoot nother there to help, i have also email the tech side of giantcod about 14:30 ish and no reply so iam open to any ideas to what my be causing this problem.

Thanks to everyone that might be able to help.

Will look at the other pages to see if i can find anything bu its 200 odd to look at
Hi we offer support for the ESC's sold through the official UK importer (Us) but on this occasion if you give me a ring tomorrow on 07900 363649 will see what we can come up with, unfortunately Giantcod are not a racers shop, they are self sourced not through the official certified UK importer, nor do they seem to understand the technical abilities of the equipment, Just a word for the wise.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hi we offer support for the ESC's sold through the official UK importer (Us) but on this occasion if you give me a ring tomorrow on 07900 363649 will see what we can come up with, unfortunately Giantcod are not a racers shop, they are self sourced not through the official certified UK importer, nor do they seem to understand the technical abilities of the equipment, Just a word for the wise.
would you mind if i rang you now while iam on the go with this
Old 02-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Fill your boots give me a ring just not between 8 and 10 as am in a meeting
Old 02-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

I need some more info from you mav

what are you using to program the esc ,

1.lcd programmer?
2.led programmer?
3.On/Off switch with set switch ?

This is my email

[email protected]

or msn

[email protected]

teamcobraracing
Old 02-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

teamcobraracing: hi, by any chance has there already been some feedback by Xerun users from Thailand on how they are setting up their speedos as well as gearing/FDRs at the RC City track with a SP 11.5 motor? Would be good to know if there are good baselines already. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Default Soldering Xtreme Stocks.

Right.........

lesson 1: Before attempting to solder the wires on the ESc please put a decent amount of solder on the WIRES and a little in the Gold Connectors, place a piece of Card between the Heatsink and the connectors. Use a VERY hot iron and warm the wire until the solder is flowing THEN place it into the connector and hold for about 5 seconds to allow it to flow.

Do not hold the heat for longer as it dislodges the connector and can transmit heat back into the circuit board, the card is to act a a guide to stop the connector leaning back and touching the Heatsink.

Have soldered up a lot of these over the years and just wanted to share my observations.

Cherry
xx
Old 02-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Initiate

All sorted now,
what happend was when i was placing the positve wire on the speedo the contector moved which gave power to the speedo but not a powerful enough signal to sort out the setting up.

once i sort this out everything was working 100%.

thanks to all that helped me i hope that this helps anyone that might have the same problem that i had.

thanks to Cherry for your help and everyone else, now i can get racing and sort out a setup for the speedo for a 13.5T
Old 02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Are there people running a DUO 3 17,5 with a extreme stock.
Are these good for this ESC
I need a new motor and thinking of buying one.
Now I run a SP V3
Old 02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Default First run with the extreme stock esc

Hi all ran my extreme stock esc at my local club to night and i must say bloody good, need a good setup for the esc since this is my first time running a turbo, would like to know a few things
In the manual is the turbo calculation correct?
Plus the brushless system analyzer it briefly shows a data recorder graph but when i turn the esc one it goes away is this common or am i doing something wrong,
i have noticed that that someone ask last year in this forum but i can't see any replys so if anyone can help me this would be great.

by the way if anone has got any setups for a 13.5T gear ratio at 5.97 i think, and iam using a xray 009.

cheers for any help that you all give me.

Last edited by mavrickf1; 02-11-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whityboy
Now I run a SP V3
This is what Iam currently running... Very competitive.

Phill
Old 02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by whityboy
Now I run a SP V3
Seriously get the Hobbywing motor, we have them in stock here in the UK and they are fantastic AND very reasonably priced, good thing about them with the new 0119 software is you can program as much boost/turbo as you like, this last weekend at Rug Racers we were all running between 58 and the full 60 degrees of timing the motors are Awesome Truly

Also available in Blue too
Old 02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all ran my extreme stock esc at my local club to night and i must say bloody good, need a good setup for the esc since this is my first time running a turbo, would like to know a few things
In the manual is the turbo calculation correct?
Plus the brushless system analyzer it briefly shows a data recorder graph but when i turn the esc one it goes away is this common or am i doing something wrong,
i have noticed that that someone ask last year in this forum but i can't see any replys so if anyone can help me this would be great.

by the way if anone has got any setups for a 13.5T gear ratio at 5.97 i think iam using a xray 009.

cheers for any help that you all give me.
Hi there Mav....

If you are on 518 then the settings which I always found good were as follows.....

DDRS 7-9
Boost Start 3000RPM
Boost full
Turbo Full
Turbo delay 0.4s
Supercharger Punch -6 (softest setting

and geared at around 6.5 to 7.0 FDR

Too quick for me lol like this....

Take no notice of the graphing it doesn't work yet. (Ask Irgo lol)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.