Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

For the next version of the software, can the maximum timing values be increased? I'm currently running Boost and Turbo both at maximum and would like to go a bit higher as the Tekins are still quicker. They run 45-55deg total timing, so the 30deg total max from the Hobbywing is a bit low in comparison.

Most of the setups I've seen are towards the maximum end of the range, so it seems like a couple of the lower ones could be dropped and something like 25, 30, 35 and 40 added to the boost options.

I've seen a few people requesting the same, and I've also seen some SP users going back to their 422 software as it has an extra 5.25deg available on the maximum boost (26.25 vs 21deg). Elliott Harper won the 1/12th national using 422 software, presumably for this reason.

Seems like it would be a fairly easy change.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
For the next version of the software, can the maximum timing values be increased? I'm currently running Boost and Turbo both at maximum and would like to go a bit higher as the Tekins are still quicker. They run 45-55deg total timing, so the 30deg total max from the Hobbywing is a bit low in comparison.

Most of the setups I've seen are towards the maximum end of the range, so it seems like a couple of the lower ones could be dropped and something like 25, 30, 35 and 40 added to the boost options.

I've seen a few people requesting the same, and I've also seen some SP users going back to their 422 software as it has an extra 5.25deg available on the maximum boost (26.25 vs 21deg). Elliott Harper won the 1/12th national using 422 software, presumably for this reason.

There is more to speed than total timing...

I ran an event recently and during I ran both a HW and a Tekin... according to my datalogger the HW was 2km/h faster down the straight than the Tekin (even though the Tekin was running more timing)... but the Tekin felt a little better out of the corners - but the overall result was about the same lap time... in my case I think the difference could've been made up in gearing or the way the timing was delivered
Old 12-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
There is more to speed than total timing...

I ran an event recently and during I ran both a HW and a Tekin... according to my datalogger the HW was 2km/h faster down the straight than the Tekin (even though the Tekin was running more timing)... but the Tekin felt a little better out of the corners - but the overall result was about the same lap time... in my case I think the difference could've been made up in gearing or the way the timing was delivered

It really depends on the circuit that you are running,and the way you have your car setup.

The track our club runs is very technical compared to most I have ever seen (you can see some of our racing on Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEML1..._order&list=UL), and we still have a 80 foot straight away, with normally a sweeper at the end, or a sweeper at the begining (basicly a 110-120ft straight).

You have to run a low timing setup on the infield of the track to have enough torque to keep up with the other cars. Then when you hit that straight, you need the turbo to keep up otherwise you are a roving target for people to run over.

I too would like to see more timing available for stock motors. Not alot more, but 10-15 degrees would be nice, that way I could run my end bell lower, and use the boost ramp to create more torque out of the corners, and have the top end to have good speed on the straight.

Shawn.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snabbgas
If the flashing are irregular it could be that your neutral range are set to narrow so that it is on the border of being in neutral or on throttle or brake.

You can try giving the tinyest amount of throttle or brake to see if it stops.(That is if it is irregular)
prob fix...
it was due to the throttle range
ty guys for ur patient
Old 12-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default setup

thanks angelo for the setup. will email you if i have more question and help...
great support
Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Heqal
prob fix...
it was due to the throttle range
ty guys for ur patient
Glad i could help!
Old 12-05-2010, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr

I can understsnd were your coming from but michael designed the software to run cool and not hot like others .Now speed is not only with timing its with your setup.
By hobbywing giving you more timing does not mean your going to go any quicker but probably create more heat .

I have a meeting with michael in china next week and lets see what he says
It will be discussed i promise you that and we will do some more testing on your request and we will post the info on this thread.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

c'mon, when someone is producing excellent stuff at competative prices, people jsut wanna knock it down.

Micheal's strategy is excellent, he proved reliability by not providing timing advancement too much.

Once HW's rep is solid enough, he might just do that (45deg timing?!?!). I love overkill
Old 12-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Just some help for anyone having erratic turbo boost or the car feeling flat. I changed laods of settings, motors etc because mine was doing this (xtreme stock 518 stock 10.5 nosram motor) And it turned out that the battery was no longer any good, it was a 3200 20c EC power lipo and was nearly 2 years old, i then put my newest 4200mah 30c lipo in and everything was fine again. So if u have this problem make sure ur battery is still good
Old 12-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

I think for sure there should be up to 30 degrees available instead of 21 for adjustment by the esc(not including turbo). It would make the motor run even cooler as then you don't need to run +10 on the SP V3 motor to make good power. Dynamic timing is always cooler and faster than static timing.

Regards
Michael Jones
Old 12-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scytherat
Just some help for anyone having erratic turbo boost or the car feeling flat. I changed laods of settings, motors etc because mine was doing this (xtreme stock 518 stock 10.5 nosram motor) And it turned out that the battery was no longer any good, it was a 3200 20c EC power lipo and was nearly 2 years old, i then put my newest 4200mah 30c lipo in and everything was fine again. So if u have this problem make sure ur battery is still good
I, too, had sometimes erratic behaviour on both combos I regularly use (Xerun 120, Nosram 17.5T on my TC and Xerun 60A/Nosram 13.5T -X11, or LRP X12 13.5T on my 1/5 bike). It seems that with new/good batteries it never does anything wierd. With old/tired batteries, sometimes it seems like it "turns to sensorless" , like it's been discussed here a while ago, or on and off power... Today's race earned me a 1st in middle class RCGT and a 3rd overall... Not bad at all!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
I think for sure there should be up to 30 degrees available instead of 21 for adjustment by the esc(not including turbo). It would make the motor run even cooler as then you don't need to run +10 on the SP V3 motor to make good power. Dynamic timing is always cooler and faster than static timing.

Regards
Michael Jones
You think by advancing the dynamic timing it would run cooler ? Are you sure about your statement? As from what i know any type of high level timing creates pinging and heat .

Please explain it to me as im confused .
Old 12-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I don't know what Tekin is doing that Hobbywing isn't, but motors run faster AND cooler with a Tekin than with HW. My HW/SP stuff sits in a drawer until it can hang with the Tekin. Sorry.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I don't know what Tekin is doing that Hobbywing isn't, but motors run faster AND cooler with a Tekin than with HW. My HW/SP stuff sits in a drawer until it can hang with the Tekin. Sorry.
We are sorry you feel that way but from my research Hw is the biggest seller at the moment on a world scale .

Tekin running cooler and faster that would all depend on your setup once again and you know tekin is not hobbywing and hobbywing is not tekin so there equipment is different and setups are totally different to .

I hope one day your hw's make the track again .Let us know who we can help you.

Also please understand Hobbywing only designs and manufactures only the Gt series of speed passion as for the new cirtix range from sp it is manufactured by another manufacturer in china which i know of but wish not to mention .

Anyway good luck with your racing .
Old 12-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default No Complaints

@ max ESC timing (21deg) and 10deg on the motor. If I want more rip thru the infield, basically have 2 options. Lower pinion or turn down timing on the motor. Both will give more accelleration and both will result in less straightaway. I think what the Tekin users are able to do is maximize the infield and still maintain topend because of the higher timing advance in the esc. This is just my opinion but i run against nothing but Tekins and now the Novak Kenetic and both have higher timing. Not complaining at all because at the price no other ESC can touch this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.