Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finch wxm
Tried my car today for the first run with the xtreme stock, had no top end speed and seemed really slow !

I'm running it with a speed passion version 3 . Didnt have chance to play and had to take it out !

any ideas why it seemed so slow. I had 116 with a 24 pinion, im ruuning the schumacher MI4LP.

its a brand new motor, sommethink must be really wrong with my setting !
I would think you ratio is too high for starters... you want to be around 7:1 i would think (Used to run 10.5, and around 7 was good...)

Also check if the speed control has any error lights.... green flashing etc... as it could be a sensor problem. Also, with a 17.5, i tend to max out the can timing on the V3... may be the same with the 13.5 also... to get the bottom end.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by raypa
OK I have a questions here,do the supercharged software works only with sensored motors or can be used with sensorless too?
Supercharger software is for sensored only...
Old 11-08-2010, 03:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamWTF
Supercharger software is for sensored only...
Thanks.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Initiate

I was speeaking with the local drivers and they were running 8.5 ration with the MI4 with the GM 90 and there cars were like rockets.

My car was fine in the infield but on the straight it just doesnt seem to get up to any speed !

I swapped for my LRP SXX Version 2 and this seemed to be the same, No top end so its surely got to be down to the motor or maybe a transmitter setting !

I will be abit annoyed if the brand new motor is faulty.

what lights should be displayed when operationg correctly etc ?

I'm not even sure if when i download the parameters from the PC onto the speedo is correct or not ?

I adjust them on the PC and upload. Could i be doing somethink incorrect ?

Also can you adjust the same on the PC as the programme box ? Or are you limited on the programme box ?
Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by finch
I was speeaking with the local drivers and they were running 8.5 ration with the MI4 with the GM 90 and there cars were like rockets.

My car was fine in the infield but on the straight it just doesnt seem to get up to any speed !

I swapped for my LRP SXX Version 2 and this seemed to be the same, No top end so its surely got to be down to the motor or maybe a transmitter setting !

I will be abit annoyed if the brand new motor is faulty.

what lights should be displayed when operationg correctly etc ?

I'm not even sure if when i download the parameters from the PC onto the speedo is correct or not ?

I adjust them on the PC and upload. Could i be doing somethink incorrect ?

Also can you adjust the same on the PC as the programme box ? Or are you limited on the programme box ?
Should really go without saying that the GM is a different ESC and behaves differently.

Hobbywing have published their own base settings in a .pdf - start with them. I have been very happy with the base settings for 13.5.

Also, leave the V3 motor timing in the middle of the slot (factory setting).
Old 11-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lethallee69
Hi guys, just a quick query,
running a Schumacher MI4 (1.8:1) in 21.5 with extreme stock speedy, on a medium size track.The track has a good mixture of slow and fast sections. current FDR is 4.64, rollout is 42.69. this is being acheived with an 85t spur and 33t pinion.
my question is this, is it better to use a smaller spur/ pinion to get the same rollout/ FDR or stay the way I am. would need to order smaller spurs if this was the case
thanks in advance
Lee
any ideas?
Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Nevermind, I figured everything out.

CSR

Last edited by csracing; 11-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dameetz
I m posting this on behalf of a friend of mine coz nothing that we do seems to solve the problem.

My friend has been using Hobbywing Xtreme Stock combo with Hobbywing 11.5T motor for the past 2 weeks which include 1 race day. For the past 4 days he's having problem with the esc somehow loosing the turbo function, its more like its switching to sensorless mode by it self. First 2-3 laps it was fine, after that the car was just crawling, then all of the sudden the Turbo is there again. This happened on and off during 5 mins drive. The ESC and Motor's temp was normal (esc 40C ish and motor 60C ish).

What have we done so far to solve the problem:

1. Change the sensor wire (a few time already which include a new one)
2. Calibrate the throttle (set to 100% during calibrating then bump it up to full 140% EPA)
3. Reflash the 518 stock firmware (twice now)

BUT the problem is still there Anyone got any more idea on what to do?
Hi Everyone,
I have had pretty much the same problem with a 60A Xerun for the last two meetings & this week the car went off at full speed with me having no control. I thought it was radio interference & took the car back to pits to check for damage. Just about to unplug & the capacitor went bang!!

I cut the cap. lead & went out to race but had the slowing down issue again. For the next race I borrowed a newer Lipo ( As suggested in COBRARACING's reply to the quoted post) & all appeared fine.

Now the question: What caused the capacitor to blow & had it anything to do with the previous intermittent slow running?

Sorry for the long post & thanks in advance.

John
Old 11-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default 508 Zero Timing

Is the Hobbywing with 508 going to be on the roar list soon? or is it not needed as the Speedpassion with 508 was approved?

Cheers
Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

with all timing and boost settings off, does different firmware versions have any difference?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

does any one have a setup for speed passion 4.5 motor and the hobbywing 120amp esc
Old 11-10-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jake95
does any one have a setup for speed passion 4.5 motor and the hobbywing 120amp esc
Just use 518 mod software. I run indoor on carpet so I disabled the turbo seetings, no need for it. If you run on a very big track it can be useful.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Holmenkollen
Just use 518 mod software. I run indoor on carpet so I disabled the turbo seetings, no need for it. If you run on a very big track it can be useful.
There is no 518 mod software.There is 528 mod and 518 stock.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

what fdr are you running
Old 11-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

After months of excellent negotiations we are proud to announce that our exclusive distributor in the USA for all hobbywing's line of products is

HORIZON HOBBY USA .

thanks to all for your patients .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.