Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardmankam
Drop a few teeth of pinion to get to FDR ~ 7 to get some punch.

FDR 7.25

Setting 15 to -5
Boost start at 3000 RPM

Loads of punch everywhere.

Hope it helps
Old 10-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

just a quick thank you racersinexile.co.uk for the superfast delivery of my motor. these guys are fantastic. turned up today. very happy. already in the car and it sounds mad! cant wait till friday to try it out...... thanks guys.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
just a quick thank you racersinexile.co.uk for the superfast delivery of my motor. these guys are fantastic. turned up today. very happy. already in the car and it sounds mad! cant wait till friday to try it out...... thanks guys.
Pleased to be of assistance and glad you like it
Old 10-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I made a choice to load the SP software when I was figuring out my interface issues. Now I want to go back to HW's own software but is not allowing me to. It seem to think it is a downgrade or something. Any ideas?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by izzyracer
I made a choice to load the SP software when I was figuring out my interface issues. Now I want to go back to HW's own software but is not allowing me to. It seem to think it is a downgrade or something. Any ideas?
i would stick with the sp 528. its smoother, runs cooler and is just as quick.......
Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

I get my xtreme stock tommorow and was wondering what settings and fdr i should roughly start with. I run on a short indoor track with a reasonable straight and use a nosram storm evo 10.5 motor. Im currently running around 6.2 on FDR with the motor timing on max on a nosram matrix istc speed. Timing will be set back to zero on motor for hobbywing esc. Thanks for any help

Also should i use 518 stock software of 528 mod?

Last edited by scytherat; 10-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xrayal
i would stick with the sp 528. its smoother, runs cooler and is just as quick.......
Sir the software is designed by the same person the only difference is the start rpm thats all .As for being linear and cooler it all depends on the motor you run and the gearing you choose nothing to do with the esc and its software.

The day you run the climate changes during the day so you readings will be diffferent all the time .
Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I picked up my xtreme stock yesterday, fitted and installed it last night, programmed my mates settings this morning and tonight in heat 1, straight away beat my best time on this track, im still in shock, i cant believe how smooth the power delivers!!! Normally i pole C finals or tail end of B`s but tonight got 2nd in B.
Must seriously thank max1234567 and cherry2blost for help
Old 10-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kosmic
I picked up my xtreme stock yesterday, fitted and installed it last night, programmed my mates settings this morning and tonight in heat 1, straight away beat my best time on this track, im still in shock, i cant believe how smooth the power delivers!!! Normally i pole C finals or tail end of B`s but tonight got 2nd in B.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
what u still doing up?? Get to bed young man!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anywhere still open, i wanna do another final???
Old 10-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Sir the software is designed by the same person the only difference is the start rpm thats all .As for being linear and cooler it all depends on the motor you run and the gearing you choose nothing to do with the esc and its software.

The day you run the climate changes during the day so you readings will be diffferent all the time .
ok, I'll stick with the sp software, but no way to go back to HW software. BTW, i'm gonna try no timing software. Any FDR recommendations for 17.5?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

I m posting this on behalf of a friend of mine coz nothing that we do seems to solve the problem.

My friend has been using Hobbywing Xtreme Stock combo with Hobbywing 11.5T motor for the past 2 weeks which include 1 race day. For the past 4 days he's having problem with the esc somehow loosing the turbo function, its more like its switching to sensorless mode by it self. First 2-3 laps it was fine, after that the car was just crawling, then all of the sudden the Turbo is there again. This happened on and off during 5 mins drive. The ESC and Motor's temp was normal (esc 40C ish and motor 60C ish).

What have we done so far to solve the problem:

1. Change the sensor wire (a few time already which include a new one)
2. Calibrate the throttle (set to 100% during calibrating then bump it up to full 140% EPA)
3. Reflash the 518 stock firmware (twice now)

BUT the problem is still there Anyone got any more idea on what to do?
Old 10-29-2010, 10:40 AM
GFT
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Need to reduce motor temp

Dear All,

I need help on what to do to reduce motor temp.

The track I run has a straight approximately 130-150ft with flowing infield.
The ratio I used in 7.7 on a LRP X12 10.5 with light weight cooling motor can upgrade added to give it better cooling.

ESC : Hobbywing 120A XERUN with upgraded caps, 4 caps with approx 1600 micro farad.

S/w : 518
ESC Setting :
DDRS : 3
9 : 4
12 : 4
13 : 7
14 : 4
15 : 7

Track surface temp is 55 celsius
After 5 min run, motor temp is 97 Celsius. The run is pace with another similar brand car, motor , ratio is 8 and different brand esc. The other car temp is lower. Both car have similar pace and speed

Previously ran this motor with another ESC on the same layout. The motor temp is approx. 8 degree celsius cooler under similar track and air conditions.

The motor is cooled using a big 40mm fan which is super efficient and big volume of air.

Any recommendation on what I can do to keep the motor cooler.

Thank you in advance.

sc
Old 10-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kosmic
Hobbywing is very happy your impressed with your product .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.