Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a "budget" 13.5T combo setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b4wires
He is right. Save your money and get a Tekin RS with a 13.5 motor combo.
If you where going 4WD,then buy Tekin RS Pro. The Pro handles the 5.5 and lower hot motors.

Tekin has great tech support on their Web/forum and also on here too.

They are smooth running,small in size and you won't burn up the motor if the sensor wire disconnects on you.

Go for the Tekin!
I'm looking at the Tekin also. It's just trying to figure out what an extra 100$ will get me here.....
Old 03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
I'm looking at the Tekin also. It's just trying to figure out what an extra 100$ will get me here.....
With that extra $100. You won't be disappointed. Tekin will always help you out with any problem you have with their speed controls and motors.

I did alot of reserch myself before I bought my first Tekin. A few things that sold me is the size of the ESC. No little fan to fit under my body. I won't burn out the motor if the sensor wire disconnects by chance if it does disconnect on me. You will still be able to finish that race and won't burn the Tekin Redline motor out.

Novak,LRP,Castle and Mamba you have that chance. I've seen this happen.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b4wires
With that extra $100. You won't be disappointed. Tekin will always help you out with any problem you have with their speed controls and motors.

I did alot of reserch myself before I bought my first Tekin. A few things that sold me is the size of the ESC. No little fan to fit under my body. I won't burn out the motor if the sensor wire disconnects by chance if it does disconnect on me. You will still be able to finish that race and won't burn the Tekin Redline motor out.

Novak,LRP,Castle and Mamba you have that chance. I've seen this happen.
I'm still not sold yet. An extra 100$+ is not worth it to me for good customer service and a smaller ESC w/o a fan. I expect good customer service from any brand I pick, regardless of the price I paid for a item.

Mamba is a Castle brand, and they don't make any sensored models, so how did you see one of these burn up from a sensor wire coming unplugged?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Company Representative

If you are wondering about after market support, Novak has the most comprehensive service-exchange-upgrade options in the industry. Our tech support/customer service staff is always available for assistance with application questions. For example, you can return any old GTB and exchange it for any other GTB version for a fixed price. The same type of exchange policy covers our motors.

We monitor the R/C forums to offer advice and links to help posters get answers to product questions. We design our products with user repairability and upgradeability in mind: we also make a wide range of repair parts and accessories available, both at retail and on our web site. There are 3 Novak reps who post regularly, here on R/C Tech. You can PM me personally with private questions.

We manufacture and remanufacture all of our products here at our factory in Irvine, so that there are no serious delays in handling either warranty or non-warranty service requests. The brushless motor technology adopted world-wide for racing was developed, here, by Novak's Engineering team. Novak's designers have over 30 years experience creating products for electric racing and designing efficient customer service policies.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
If you are wondering about after market support, Novak has the most comprehensive service-exchange-upgrade options in the industry. Our tech support/customer service staff is always available for assistance with application questions. For example, you can return any old GTB and exchange it for any other GTB version for a fixed price. The same type of exchange policy covers our motors.

We monitor the R/C forums to offer advice and links to help posters get answers to product questions. We design our products with user repairability and upgradeability in mind: we also make a wide range of repair parts and accessories available, both at retail and on our web site. There are 3 Novak reps who post regularly, here on R/C Tech. You can PM me personally with private questions.

We manufacture and remanufacture all of our products here at our factory in Irvine, so that there are no serious delays in handling either warranty or non-warranty service requests. The brushless motor technology adopted world-wide for racing was developed, here, by Novak's Engineering team. Novak's designers have over 30 years experience creating products for electric racing and designing efficient customer service policies.
im not saying anything bad about the cs from novak. it is great and there is no better way to say it. i stayed with orange for awhile just because of the cs.

but what has swayed me away is the lack of innovation lately. the gtb is old, big and slow! it was slow in 2007! when i was at the us indoor champs 2007 i overheard many novak guys were running temps of 240 (on the speedie) to keep up with the lrps. i know they were getting custom gtb for a fact without the temp logic to shut em off. thats not the way to sell stuff to me, make it so i cant keep up with the controller i have but, win races by modding out. i understand prototypes. but it was a regular gtb 2 YEARS ago without the temp logic.

it 2009 and we dont have removable sensor harness's on our spec motors and no timing adjustment on the speedo. and its still HUGE!

i have been running the tekin stuff for sometime now and LOVE the support they give, so while you support if great, someone with better products is doing cs as good or better.

btw the ballistic motors look great and i love the placement of the sensor plug, but i rarely race mod, and dont plan on buying one.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

have you checked out the ezrun range ?

They are cheap and ive read good things about them. I have just bought one and awaiting for it to arrive to test it.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/goodluckse...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Old 04-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by synrgy
have you checked out the ezrun range ?

They are cheap and ive read good things about them. I have just bought one and awaiting for it to arrive to test it.

http://stores.ebay.com.au/goodluckse...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
For play systems I might consider these, but I need a legal 13.5T setup
Old 04-06-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For play systems I might consider these, but I need a legal 13.5T setup
I agree, I have a 60A EZRun ESC with the 8.5T motor in my Slash, and it's a ton of fun and reliable. With that said, I'm also in the market for a good sensored/legal system to race with.

Jay