Like Tree6Likes

fantom dyno.

Old 05-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Dyno

I have a CE brushless dyno from a former racer. I know he used it until last year, had a printer etc. with it. If anyone is interested, email me at [email protected] for fastest response.
Old 05-09-2022, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Her we go guys. Today I spun up the first batch of steel flywheels. We tested to just over 20k rpm. These were designed with two set screws to allow for adjustable balancing but we still needed to spot drill some to dial them in. The price reflects that we are doing a small batch job. If any of you ever dealt with designing a part and the tooling and process to make it you will understand that the price we set is a bargain. Please help us out in recovering our investment. It would be appreciated if you step up and clean us out. At the price we don't start paying for time until we sell ten.
Here is the link
https://www.synergyhobbies.com/index...mRL4dFgEl1_Q20
Steve Weiss likes this.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

First off thank you to the guys that bought our partial run of steel flywheels. There will be more available soon and I will keep you posted on availability. Hopefully that will be next week.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Since I had access to the wheel first I will tell you what I have seen. First off comparing a single motor with both aluminum and steel wheels. The motor is forced to lug more with the steel which causes a higher amp draw as the motor is forced to work more. I even noted that a 21.5 USGT spec motor is forced to work harder. I honestly feel that the aluminum wheel wasn't testing these brushless motors well at all after seeing the data.
Old 05-12-2022, 05:39 AM
Tech Master

Synergy has put more in stock but they aren't quite ready to ship. We spin each one to 20k to assure smoothness. I was doing that on my dyno but he is going to do a test rig. it will be a few days before they can ship.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone downloaded the version that mike suggested with success?? I have downloaded it and sent him the email but the program doesnít even open all the way for me and he hasnít returned my email for assistance. I get a small program box and nothing works.
Old 05-16-2022, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by knightrider
Has anyone downloaded the version that mike suggested with success?? I have downloaded it and sent him the email but the program doesnít even open all the way for me and he hasnít returned my email for assistance. I get a small program box and nothing works.
Just a question, and I haven't tried the download because I have a disk. Do you have the dyno connected when you launch the software? On my Win 10 machine it has to at least think that the dyno is attached. For me that means that the usb to serial converter is plugged into the port that the dyno uses. Just one thing to check.
Old 05-16-2022, 05:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Facts 2 startup

If the app does not detect a serial port between 1-4 it wonít start, and you need to use taskman to kill it. Sometimes the usb serial connectors get a really high port number, you will need to change that.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fantom dyno

Yes the machine is on and connected when I launch the program and normally Iíd get the run the mota tab and also options where I can change the serial port in the program itself, none of that is showing now. I get an empty box that has only file and register at the top. Ive had and used the software on this exact computer before and it did work, i erased and installed the one on the link and now I got nothing. I went back and reinstalled the initial one that was working and now it doesnít work at all. Any other suggestions?? Thanks for your help
Old 05-16-2022, 06:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Usb

Go into device manager and check the com ports, to see what is listed. Are you using a usb serial converter?
Old 05-16-2022, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default Dyno program issue

Yes I have done that part and I normally use port 3 but I tried 1-4 and it still didnít work. I also emailed you what I had and never got a response about the activation key Mike.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

I had the same issue with it on one of my machines, I thought it was just the Com port number - It may be activation - not sure why you did not get my reply - sent a PM. I'll see if I can reproduce the issue.

Mike
Old 05-18-2022, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

I figured out this issue, it is related to the old application trying to access the Windows Registry, and it not getting what it is expecting. To fix it you will need to un-install, and then delete some specific registry keys for the application, then re-load.
I was doing some more testing with generating new keys, and for them to work on post Win XP machines, we will need to do some manual registry editing to get it to work. PM me if you need to do this. I also posted a page to pull build 201, which was the last build Dave Posted on his site. RCRacecars.com - Welcome! click on Facts II
Old 05-20-2022, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Just to let you guys know, when I switched to my Win 10 machine from a XP one, I had to get a new USB to serial converter. Probably a driver issue but I don't have a clue as I didn't get any type of messages . It just wouldn't run.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:51 AM
Tech Initiate

I have seen this on a few USB Serial port adapters, if you look in device manager, it does not have drivers loaded. I have been able to get mine to work by telling Windows to update/search for drivers using Windows Update.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.