Replacing wires on Elceram ESC? >

Replacing wires on Elceram ESC?

Like Tree14Likes

Replacing wires on Elceram ESC?

Old 06-05-2024, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Replacing wires on Elceram ESC?

Iím really intrigued by these new ESCís but I canít find any information on how to access the solder posts. Does anyone have one of these yet and care to share some photos of if itís even possible?
Old 06-05-2024, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I spoke with Elercam, they said no due to design.
Old 06-05-2024, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I was really interested in their new ESCs but then I saw how the wires attach. Have no idea why they would go with that design of soldering the wires directly to the PCB.
Old 06-05-2024, 07:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hunterdawg
You'd think for an upmarket esc, that a simple design flaw like this shouldn't be an issue.
Old 06-05-2024, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hunterdawg
That's an odd response considering that the instruction manual shows how to open the case and lists a part number for replacement wires.
Old 06-05-2024, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Just relaying what elercam sent me in an email.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Replacing wires on the board would void you warranty what ever it is. You got plenty f wire to customize length. Use XT60 or 90's for lipo. A,B,C, motor wires use bullet connector in b/n ESC and motor, this was you change the motor, easy to replace! Its customization! to length.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Replacing wires on the board would void you warranty what ever it is. You got plenty f wire to customize length. Use XT60 or 90's for lipo. A,B,C, motor wires use bullet connector in b/n ESC and motor, this was you change the motor, easy to replace! Its customization! to length.
Almost anyone using an ESC of this calibre will be using bullet plug batteries, not XT*0, and will directly solder the motor wires. Moving the ESC between vehicles might require different length wire, or wires can get damaged and need replacing.
DirkW likes this.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Geezatec
First of all - no one uses XT connectors or any connectors of any kind on their cars. Iím not sure what kind of basher nonsense youíre driving but you definitely donít deserve that ďtech masterĒ badge giving advice like that. And replacing ESC wires is not grounds for voiding warranties either.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 06-06-2024, 01:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Cavi Mike
And replacing ESC wires is not grounds for voiding warranties either.
Well, opening a device can be enough for voiding warranty. Damaging parts while disassembly is for sure a void of warranty. Not soldering right and making shortcuts.... who would give warranty on that?

On the other hand, yes, spare cables are listed so somehow a replacement by user or manufacturer should be possible.

And why are they directly soldered on the board, simple: to lower resistance. Any solder joint and/or connector is a resistor
Old 06-06-2024, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

but you definitely donít deserve that ďtech masterĒ badge giving advice like that.
You really give a crap about these stupid auto-assigned forum ranks/titles? They are not based on any skill or experience whatsoever. Usually these systems are only based on number of posts of the user in question.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 06-06-2024, 04:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Roelof
Well, opening a device can be enough for voiding warranty. Damaging parts while disassembly is for sure a void of warranty. Not soldering right and making shortcuts.... who would give warranty on that?

On the other hand, yes, spare cables are listed so somehow a replacement by user or manufacturer should be possible.

And why are they directly soldered on the board, simple: to lower resistance. Any solder joint and/or connector is a resistor
It is illegal in the US for a manufacturer to void a warranty for opening something up and replacing parts. United States Federal Trade Commission Cracks Down on Voiding Warranties For Unauthorized Repairs and Parts | Cassels.com
gigaplex likes this.
Old 06-06-2024, 05:03 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by EricW
It is illegal in the US for a manufacturer to void a warranty for opening something up and replacing parts. United States Federal Trade Commission Cracks Down on Voiding Warranties For Unauthorized Repairs and Parts | Cassels.com
Ah nice. But then, if you damage something then still warranty will be an issue I think. Over here there are warranty rules but still many shops and manufacturers try to work around them. But the EU is busy with a so called law "right to repair" that will have a huge change on products.
Old 06-06-2024, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Is there anyone that can answer my actual question and stop speculating?
Mac The Knife likes this.
Old 06-06-2024, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Is there anyone that can answer my actual question and stop speculating?
If you can't get the "right" answer here, maybe contact Elercam directly. They responded in a timely fashion to both of my questions.
gigaplex likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.