Like Tree514Likes

FlySky Noble NB4

Old 09-24-2022, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
At this point from searching across as many RC sites as I can find, as many NB4 related YT videos Razor is the ONLY person who has this issue. Nobody else does and that would make him the single greatest entity in radio controlled history because he can feel issues that nobody else can.

But according to internet protocol he makes youtube videos so his word MUST be true. NB4 is the single best mid level radio on the market, nothing comes close at this pricepoint. If there was an issue with a deadzone on software 85 when everyone bought this radio 2 years ago, its been fixed in the multiple software updates since. I bought mine with 85 installed and upgraded to 93 the day I got it...never had issues through 100 now. Doesn't sound like anyone else except razor has any issues.

This whole issue sounds like those PC master race idiots who refuse to update their computers and wonder why they always have issues because windows vista bugged out on them in 2004 once.
lol, I enjoyed this post!

By the way, the Flysky FS-GT5 also has a ď1mm deadzoneĒ right at neutral and me and another guy are the only two people in the world apparently that noticed the issue. That radio has outsold the Noble probably 5:1 and nobody else has made comments about it. So maybe you are right about me 🤣

Hmm, the GT5 was the radio they released right before the Noble IIRCÖ. 🤔. You can check out that thread for more info and some video I posted a couple of years ago.

The only criticism I have is that I mentioned I updated my radio to 100 and that 2 other people and Flysky have acknowledged the problem, but apparently you donít believe me, so, carry on!
jo_er86 likes this.

Last edited by RazorRC; 09-24-2022 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-24-2022, 10:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC;[url=tel:15942120
15942120[/url]]lol, I enjoyed this post!

By the way, the Flysky FS-GT5 also has a ď1mm deadzoneĒ right at neutral and me and another guy are the only two people in the world apparently that noticed the issue. That radio has outsold the Noble probably 5:1 and nobody else has made comments about it. So maybe you are right about me 🤣

Hmm, the GT5 was the radio they released right before the Noble IIRCÖ. 🤔. You can check out that thread for more info and some video I posted a couple of years ago.

The only criticism I have is that I mentioned I updated my radio to 100 and that 2 other people and Flysky have acknowledged the problem, but apparently you donít believe me, so, carry on!
there you go bring the cheap shit flysky radios into it.

Iím ONLY speaking to the NB4. Donít bring your $35 track banned specials into this argument.
Old 09-24-2022, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Iím ONLY speaking to the NB4. Donít bring your $35 track banned specials into this argument.
Oh sorry, youíre totally right that it's irrelevant the companyís previous radio also has a 1mm deadzone problem that nobody in the world except me noticed. My apologies for mentioning that.

By the way, why has nobody ever mentioned the inherent +expo in the radio either? Thatís more obvious than the ďdead zoneĒ thing, but I guess I must have made that one up too.

Last edited by RazorRC; 09-24-2022 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-25-2022, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Not everyone races either.
Old 09-25-2022, 11:08 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by soulcoma View Post
Not everyone races either.
I haven't raced in years due to work requirements, I'm well aware the popularity of this radio. I see all the bashers buy the cheap flyskys and dumbos and end up with the NB4 almost immediately because they suck. I'm not disagreeing with anyone on the cheap shit.

But I can't find a single NB4 user that has all these razor issues except him, and the rest of the wannabe pro race car drivers. My deadzone, nonexistent. My expo works and adjusts as intended. All I see from Razor is nitpicking shit that 99.99% or users will never notice and wont care either.

if you don't like the radio go buy a $700 Sanwa or Futaba every two years because they're "better". I say this as a 30 year Futaba/Sanwa fanboy.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by soulcoma View Post
I think its a latency thing possibly or maybe its a servo thing. But I have mine setup with a Power HD S35 servo. and like the post above the slightest touch of the wheel and it responds. could also maybe be the receiver your using? maybe its an older model? RX firmware maybe neeeds updating?

Could just be a Preference thing as well. But I own a Futaba 7PX as well as a Sanwa M17 and NB4 is on par with both of them IMO For a fraction of the Price.
I plan to get teh RadioLink RC8X when it releases to to compare that as it looks like a 7PX clone for half teh price

I meant to comment on a post you made recently but It appears it was deleted? **EDIT- Just realized that comment was in another thread** The one where you wrote that you'd only recommend the NB4 to anyone considering a Flysky. I don't totally disagree but the GT5 has proven to be a decent budget radio and he newer FS-G7P looks very promising and feature rich. I own 2 FSGT3B (one modded) and they really do feel like trash compared to the NB4; My NB4 Pro is my "daily" and I'm glad I picked it up.

The RadioLink RC8X actually reminds me of a 4PV and I'm definitely interested to see what it can do! I hope flysky takes notes for their next flagship and hope they make it backwards compatible with AFHDS3 at the very least.
soulcoma likes this.
Old 09-26-2022, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Werty Yui View Post
I meant to comment on a post you made recently but It appears it was deleted? **EDIT- Just realized that comment was in another thread** The one where you wrote that you'd only recommend the NB4 to anyone considering a Flysky. I don't totally disagree but the GT5 has proven to be a decent budget radio and he newer FS-G7P looks very promising and feature rich. I own 2 FSGT3B (one modded) and they really do feel like trash compared to the NB4; My NB4 Pro is my "daily" and I'm glad I picked it up.

The RadioLink RC8X actually reminds me of a 4PV and I'm definitely interested to see what it can do! I hope flysky takes notes for their next flagship and hope they make it backwards compatible with AFHDS3 at the very least.
Agree with this, the GT-5 isn't bad for its price and probably the cheapest radio I would actually try to race with (and have), but the G7P is way better for the same amount of money. The GT3x radios are garbage.

Hopefully I can get my hands on an RC8X...
Werty Yui and iht9 like this.
Old 09-26-2022, 03:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I haven't raced in years due to work requirements, I'm well aware the popularity of this radio. I see all the bashers buy the cheap flyskys and dumbos and end up with the NB4 almost immediately because they suck. I'm not disagreeing with anyone on the cheap shit.

But I can't find a single NB4 user that has all these razor issues except him, and the rest of the wannabe pro race car drivers. My deadzone, nonexistent. My expo works and adjusts as intended. All I see from Razor is nitpicking shit that 99.99% or users will never notice and wont care either.

if you don't like the radio go buy a $700 Sanwa or Futaba every two years because they're "better". I say this as a 30 year Futaba/Sanwa fanboy.
"My radio works fine, so it's impossible someone else has a faulty unit"
soulcoma and jo_er86 like this.
Old 09-26-2022, 04:48 AM
Tech Initiate

I say this as a 30 year Futaba/Sanwa fanboy.
And now you have Flysky? You are real genius....
Old 09-26-2022, 09:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
"My radio works fine, so it's impossible someone else has a faulty unit"
No, I know of plenty of users who own the radio and nobody has these issues except one or two people on this thread. I know plenty of wannabe pro race car drivers that use this radio and don't have these issues. Just because the early flysky gt4/5 whatever the hell $45 amazon specials suck doesn't mean this one does.

Originally Posted by FolioHattu View Post
And now you have Flysky? You are real genius....
I've been the "get what you pay for crowd" in RC for the better part of 30 years. 99.9% of users don't use over the half the options or an M17 or 10PX, can't feel the difference in latency, deadband and anything else RC users wanna come up with in their heads. They buy the $800 radio because top level drivers and fast guys at their local track use them and absolutely NO other reason. Why do I need an M17 clocking in at over $700 and then needing to buy 15 $80 receivers when I can get something for less than a third of the price with almost all the same options (that I actually use) and receivers costing me less than half of a sanwa? I run with guys using M17's and 10PX and guess what, they don't get any better range, they aren't magically faster because their radio cost $500 more than mine.
Old 09-26-2022, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I am new to the Noble. Got mine from Amazon last week. Came with the 100 software. I was blown away with how easy it is to use. The menus and ease of changing settings is a breeze. Coming from Sanwa/Airtronics Lifer....I am glad to try this radio out. Well worth the money.

Jeff
simple, Werty Yui and iht9 like this.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

I've been the "get what you pay for crowd" in RC for the better part of 30 years. 99.9% of users don't use over the half the options or an M17 or 10PX, can't feel the difference in latency, deadband and anything else RC users wanna come up with in their heads. They buy the $800 radio because top level drivers and fast guys at their local track use them and absolutely NO other reason. Why do I need an M17 clocking in at over $700 and then needing to buy 15 $80 receivers when I can get something for less than a third of the price with almost all the same options (that I actually use) and receivers costing me less than half of a sanwa? I run with guys using M17's and 10PX and guess what, they don't get any better range, they aren't magically faster because their radio cost $500 more than mine.
Better radio give you chance to be the best driver. With better radio you have better control your car. Good radio is most important thing in this hobby these are
Radio control cars. And you know that if you ever had GOOD radio. I have also been in RC over 30 years.
Old 09-26-2022, 11:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by FolioHattu View Post
Better radio give you chance to be the best driver. With better radio you have better control your car. Good radio is most important thing in this hobby these are
Radio control cars. And you know that if you ever had GOOD radio. I have also been in RC over 30 years.
I've wasted plenty on "good" radios. Sold my 7PX-R for this, had the 4PXR before and 3 PX before that. I've run the M17, and owned the M12, 11 and 8. So if none of those were good enough please let me know while I now have saved about $2500 in this hobby by not buying an M17 and the receivers needed to outfit my cars.

The minuscule differences between the two and lack of driving ability which is about 99.99% of all RC hobbyists will not gain a track advantage by using a radio with the same features for $500 more. Ryan Harris just did a video on his YT channel about this using a DX5Cagainst his M17 and his lap times were actually better with the $100 radio.

Most expensive doesn't mean "GOOD" in this hobby like it used to. You and I both were brought up in the get what you pay for era and yeah, 30 years ago it was HUGE. In 2007 when hobbywing was absolute trash and Novak was king not one single racer would ever consider a HW system and all the people on this site today who cried about how HW was chinese knock off crap are ALL running a HW system today. I know first hand cause I was the US Speed Passion guy selling knock off hobbywing trash and was flamed for years on this site by guys just like you if not you personally. Now you and everyone who was a keyboard commando then are trashing this radio now for the exact same reasons WHEN NONE of us are good enough to scientifically tell the differences. Just like all the top level cars, put ANY 2wd buggy in Cavs hand and hes going to wheel you, he's going to wheel you in a Noble radio or with his M17, running a Schumacher or TLR, or his Sworx.

EDIT: 3PK, its been a hot minute since I owned most of those old radios
Old 09-26-2022, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No, I know of plenty of users who own the radio and nobody has these issues except one or two people on this thread. I know plenty of wannabe pro race car drivers that use this radio and don't have these issues. Just because the early flysky gt4/5 whatever the hell $45 amazon specials suck doesn't mean this one does.
How does that contradict what I just said? People who don't have faulty units wouldn't experience the problem.
jo_er86 likes this.
Old 09-26-2022, 06:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
How does that contradict what I just said? People who don't have faulty units wouldn't experience the problem.
I see, now itís a hardware issue not software like a page ago. Make up your mind dude.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.