Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree198Likes

Digital Servos from China

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by frewster
It would make zero sense to test a fix that ought to work and not implement it as a running change.
LOL...are you serious?? We are talking RC sh!t here , right?
I believe it when I see it !
Old 08-22-2021, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Up to 81 packs on my EB48 2.0 and 47 packs on my ET48 2.0 as of today. AGFrc 36kgs in both holding up strong. Took the win in etruggy today.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for your reply.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by andreas78
What's the diameter of that pin again? The one that might develop some play in the case..

Thanks,

Andi

I believe it's close to 1.6mm IIRC, I used a recycled body pin to replace a snapped pin, more info here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...31&postcount=8
Old 08-31-2021, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know there is a lot of discussion around the AGFrc but has any tried the AFRC D3530HBM-X? Specs look good as they always do, but not sure if they’re worth a shot.

Old 08-31-2021, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
I know there is a lot of discussion around the AGFrc but has any tried the AFRC D3530HBM-X? Specs look good as they always do, but not sure if they’re worth a shot.
I couldn't help but notice in the ad you linked that they changed their name by removing the G in AGFrc, that's never a good sign when a company needs to change their name, logo, branding

I look forward to seeing others take a gamble with AFrc which I immediately think the acronym stands for "Always Effed", ha! Hopefully they will start improving their quality by releasing the same servos that are spec'd by NitroPro, but in order to do that they'll need to drastically increase their pricing which will be a double edged sword because they don't offer any warranty, now if they were to start offering a warranty, then that would be a game changer and they might win me back as a customer (maybe).

Old 08-31-2021, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Probably the same company...they sell their stuff under aaaaaaaaalot of names
Old 08-31-2021, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Good info billdelong , will stick with MKS.
billdelong likes this.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by billdelong
I couldn't help but notice in the ad you linked that they changed their name by removing the G in AGFrc, that's never a good sign when a company needs to change their name, logo, branding

I look forward to seeing others take a gamble with AFrc which I immediately think the acronym stands for "Always Effed", ha! Hopefully they will start improving their quality by releasing the same servos that are spec'd by NitroPro, but in order to do that they'll need to drastically increase their pricing which will be a double edged sword because they don't offer any warranty, now if they were to start offering a warranty, then that would be a game changer and they might win me back as a customer (maybe).

billdelong Ended up ordering two MKS servos today, I’m not a gambler. I just wanted to clarify something, there is still a AGFrc store selling servos, and AFRC selling completely different looking servos with different model numbers and features. So they may not be the same company.
Old 09-01-2021, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

billdelong Ended up ordering two MKS servos today, I’m not a gambler. I just wanted to clarify something, there is still a AGFrc store selling servos, and AFRC selling completely different looking servos with different model numbers and features. So they may not be the same company.
I know many local drivers in my area have not had much luck with MKS either and have gone away from that brand as well. I agree that AFRC is probably something different, sucks they would choose such a similar name like that, very confusing!

While I'm still testing the CT2 variant from NitroPro, only time will tell if that upgraded servo holds up... unfortunately that servo is in my eTruggy and I plan to take a break from RC for a while as I sell my home and purchase an RV soon... plan is to travel around the US for a while and work remote... I plan to visit as many RC tracks to race my eBuggy and Wheeler classes. I do plan to pull my eTruggy out of storage when I'm in the Austin area to race it locally from time to time but it will be too large to haul on the road with my wife and dog, ha!

That said, I've been having great luck with SRT servos in the past and that's what I'm running in my eBuggy with 18+ race days logged so far.
Old 09-01-2021, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

I just wanted to clarify something, there is still a AGFrc store selling servos, and AFRC selling completely different looking servos with different model numbers and features. So they may not be the same company.
I asked through email and both say its different companies. Well...you can believe that if you want or not
Old 09-01-2021, 10:24 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by themountain
I asked through email and both say its different companies. Well...you can believe that if you want or not
But how much companies will admit they just buy a rebranded servo?
Old 09-01-2021, 11:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was just talking to my AGFrc contact a few days ago and I don't have any reason to think they've rebranded. She would have mentioned it. Coincidentally she reached out to me ask If I was interested in sponsorship / samples... You know after already purchasing 6 AGFrc servos through amazon this year.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roelof
But how much companies will admit they just buy a rebranded servo?
Well ..at least I know two ...thats something
Old 10-12-2021, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bratan
https://youtube.com/shorts/Wur3_RnQ3uE?feature=share

good speed on 6.6v
we'll see how good it's going to be on track and how long its gonna last
just an update after 2.5 gallons, servo has a slight play, barely noticeable. Also one of the wires got unsoldered from the board so I had to get that situated too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.