Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree198Likes

Digital Servos from China

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The 9IMOD servo didn't even last a full battery pack on the track before dying. It sounds like a stripped gear but when I opened the case to check none of the gears had any damage.

Regardless, because of Amazon's generous return policy I'll be getting my money back. For now I don't plan on replacing it with anything else. I decided I want to focus on my 2wd buggy. But when I do feel like returning back to my ebuggy I'll probably try replacing it with something like an AGFrc or a Power HD.
Old 05-31-2023, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by varmint
Well I got the YIPIN in the mail today and it looks and feels impressive. It's extremely heavy though, kind of surprisingly so.

The serial number on this thing is 000003 so I doubt anyone's tested one yet.
the yipin is awesome when you have the usb programmer.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

New from Power HD is their brand new high-voltage brushless GTS series servo range.

https://www.redrc.net/2023/06/power-...series-servos/
Old 06-01-2023, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Don’t all servos cone from China? 🤔
Old 06-01-2023, 11:31 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114
There are Australian-made servos: https://www.macquariedictionary.com....g/article/785/
Old 06-02-2023, 12:54 AM
Tech Lord

Many non-Asian brands do say they are made in own house, for sue companies in the US say so because it is a reason to buy.... Most of the time they are or assembled or just labeled/engraved from Asian delivered parts/products.

Originally Posted by FolioHattu
New from Power HD is their brand new high-voltage brushless GTS series servo range.

https://www.redrc.net/2023/06/power-...series-servos/
Maybe I overlooked it but do they autodetect all possible speed modes? That would be interesting!
Old 06-02-2023, 09:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Highest servos are made in Korea.
outcast32 likes this.
Old 06-05-2023, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Alturn USA Servos

No. Some are made in Taiwan.

My worst servo experience ever was with Alturn "USA" servos... made in Taiwan.

I won't deal with anyone who's return policy is to send back defective (out of the box) servo to Taiwan. I believe it cost me $16, six years ago, to ship a servo back for a refund. Darn servo would not stop moving when I stopped turning Tx's wheel... it just did a horrific dance .

I see they are still being sold on eBay, and Amazon. I can't recommend.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rustyus
Which is officially the Republic of China. (Not to confuse with its big neighbor, the People's Republic of China )
rustyus likes this.
Old 06-06-2023, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Regardless where it's made we've tested servos from Taiwan that were advertised as 47kg at 7.4v, and only tested at 28kg. Most servos sold online like Amazon, etc..that are 25kg coming from either market is rarely going to test at 35kg or 45kg that they advertise. We tested 1 brand of servos 25kg, 35kg, and 45kg, and the 35kg, and 45kg tested the same as the 25kg at 7.4v. You will find good ones in Taiwan, and China, but also really bad ones. It's just really going to come down to the integrity of the factory producing servos, as well as the 3rd parties purchasing from them. Just cause someone notices a difference between one servo from another, and the difference is positive does not mean what they actually purchased is performing as advertised. It's good to have an opinion that your experience with whatever brand you purchased is positive, but in the end it's like a car doing a butt dyno test, it's just an opinion..without a dyno it's just a feeling.
Old 06-07-2023, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rustyus

My worst servo experience ever was with Alturn "USA" servos... made in Taiwan.

I won't deal with anyone who's return policy is to send back defective (out of the box) servo to Taiwan. I believe it cost me $16, six years ago, to ship a servo back for a refund. Darn servo would not stop moving when I stopped turning Tx's wheel... it just did a horrific dance .

I see they are still being sold on eBay, and Amazon. I can't recommend.
I had the exact same thing happen with Alturn. Terrible service.
Old 07-08-2023, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Okay, I'm taking another shot at this. I bought one of these Hobbystar Servos for my ebuggy. It's got pretty good specs for $60. It showed up yesterday and I've got it installed in my car. I have no way of knowing if the torque numbers are real, but I can confirm the servo is plenty fast so I believe the speed rating on it. And it appears to operate perfectly fine with no weird centering issues or glitching. I won't be able to get to a track anytime soon to see if it holds up, but it is advertised to have all steel gears so I think it should last longer than the last one I tried.
Old 07-08-2023, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

There are A LOT of servos out on the discount Amazon and eBay market, etc. I want to find a guide showing this Name Brand servo is actually this generic make/model. How could I find that?
Old 07-10-2023, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC10Nick
Okay, I'm taking another shot at this. I bought one of these Hobbystar Servos for my ebuggy. It's got pretty good specs for $60. It showed up yesterday and I've got it installed in my car. I have no way of knowing if the torque numbers are real, but I can confirm the servo is plenty fast so I believe the speed rating on it. And it appears to operate perfectly fine with no weird centering issues or glitching. I won't be able to get to a track anytime soon to see if it holds up, but it is advertised to have all steel gears so I think it should last longer than the last one I tried.
I've had good luck with hobby star as well. They go on sale pretty regularly at RCJuice for good prices. I put one of the hi-torque/hi-speed ones in my son's arrma typhon 3s, and it was a huge upgrade, immediately noticeable, and has withstood many track days now. My brother put the same servo in his Slash, is happy with it. I just ordered one of the low-pro servos for my son's road car, will see how that goes.
Old 07-10-2023, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jrxpro
I've had good luck with hobby star as well. They go on sale pretty regularly at RCJuice for good prices. I put one of the hi-torque/hi-speed ones in my son's arrma typhon 3s, and it was a huge upgrade, immediately noticeable, and has withstood many track days now. My brother put the same servo in his Slash, is happy with it. I just ordered one of the low-pro servos for my son's road car, will see how that goes.
Glad to hear I may not have wasted my money! The brand name being intelligible and the product descriptions written in coherent English were a clue these might be a step above most of the other stuff on Amazon. So far that seems to be the case. I'm only running it on 6v right now and it still feels really fast and strong.

Funny thing is RCJuice had 20% off the servo I bought, but with their shipping cost it was only $2 cheaper to buy it on Amazon at full price. I went with Amazon because they've got such a good return policy in case it dies right away.
Jrxpro likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.