Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Digital Servos from China >

Digital Servos from China

Like Tree178Likes

Digital Servos from China

Old 08-12-2021, 12:07 PM
  #406  
Tech Adept
 
themountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Terrassa/Barcelona
Posts: 138
Default

Originally Posted by frewster View Post
It would make zero sense to test a fix that ought to work and not implement it as a running change.
LOL...are you serious?? We are talking RC sh!t here , right?
I believe it when I see it !
themountain is offline  
Old 08-22-2021, 05:22 PM
  #407  
Tech Addict
 
Furadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boise
Posts: 746
Default

Up to 81 packs on my EB48 2.0 and 47 packs on my ET48 2.0 as of today. AGFrc 36kgs in both holding up strong. Took the win in etruggy today.


Furadi is offline  
Old 08-25-2021, 03:09 AM
  #408  
Tech Rookie
 
vanesaramp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 5
Default

Thank you for your reply.
vanesaramp is offline  
Old 08-25-2021, 07:37 AM
  #409  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 5,440
Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by andreas78 View Post
What's the diameter of that pin again? The one that might develop some play in the case..

Thanks,

Andi

I believe it's close to 1.6mm IIRC, I used a recycled body pin to replace a snapped pin, more info here:


https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...31&postcount=8
billdelong is online now  
Old 08-31-2021, 02:17 AM
  #410  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rearviewmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne / Austin
Posts: 2,061
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I know there is a lot of discussion around the AGFrc but has any tried the AFRC D3530HBM-X? Specs look good as they always do, but not sure if they’re worth a shot.




rearviewmirror is offline  
Old 08-31-2021, 07:27 AM
  #411  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 5,440
Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
I know there is a lot of discussion around the AGFrc but has any tried the AFRC D3530HBM-X? Specs look good as they always do, but not sure if they’re worth a shot.
I couldn't help but notice in the ad you linked that they changed their name by removing the G in AGFrc, that's never a good sign when a company needs to change their name, logo, branding

I look forward to seeing others take a gamble with AFrc which I immediately think the acronym stands for "Always Effed", ha! Hopefully they will start improving their quality by releasing the same servos that are spec'd by NitroPro, but in order to do that they'll need to drastically increase their pricing which will be a double edged sword because they don't offer any warranty, now if they were to start offering a warranty, then that would be a game changer and they might win me back as a customer (maybe).


billdelong is online now  
Old 08-31-2021, 11:43 AM
  #412  
Tech Adept
 
themountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Terrassa/Barcelona
Posts: 138
Default

Probably the same company...they sell their stuff under aaaaaaaaalot of names
themountain is offline  
Old 08-31-2021, 12:33 PM
  #413  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rearviewmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne / Austin
Posts: 2,061
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Good info billdelong , will stick with MKS.
billdelong likes this.
rearviewmirror is offline  
Old 09-01-2021, 02:37 AM
  #414  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rearviewmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne / Austin
Posts: 2,061
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
I couldn't help but notice in the ad you linked that they changed their name by removing the G in AGFrc, that's never a good sign when a company needs to change their name, logo, branding

I look forward to seeing others take a gamble with AFrc which I immediately think the acronym stands for "Always Effed", ha! Hopefully they will start improving their quality by releasing the same servos that are spec'd by NitroPro, but in order to do that they'll need to drastically increase their pricing which will be a double edged sword because they don't offer any warranty, now if they were to start offering a warranty, then that would be a game changer and they might win me back as a customer (maybe).

billdelong Ended up ordering two MKS servos today, I’m not a gambler. I just wanted to clarify something, there is still a AGFrc store selling servos, and AFRC selling completely different looking servos with different model numbers and features. So they may not be the same company.
rearviewmirror is offline  
Old 09-01-2021, 06:54 AM
  #415  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 5,440
Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
billdelong Ended up ordering two MKS servos today, I’m not a gambler. I just wanted to clarify something, there is still a AGFrc store selling servos, and AFRC selling completely different looking servos with different model numbers and features. So they may not be the same company.
I know many local drivers in my area have not had much luck with MKS either and have gone away from that brand as well. I agree that AFRC is probably something different, sucks they would choose such a similar name like that, very confusing!

While I'm still testing the CT2 variant from NitroPro, only time will tell if that upgraded servo holds up... unfortunately that servo is in my eTruggy and I plan to take a break from RC for a while as I sell my home and purchase an RV soon... plan is to travel around the US for a while and work remote... I plan to visit as many RC tracks to race my eBuggy and Wheeler classes. I do plan to pull my eTruggy out of storage when I'm in the Austin area to race it locally from time to time but it will be too large to haul on the road with my wife and dog, ha!

That said, I've been having great luck with SRT servos in the past and that's what I'm running in my eBuggy with 18+ race days logged so far.
billdelong is online now  
Old 09-01-2021, 09:37 AM
  #416  
Tech Adept
 
themountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Terrassa/Barcelona
Posts: 138
Default

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
I just wanted to clarify something, there is still a AGFrc store selling servos, and AFRC selling completely different looking servos with different model numbers and features. So they may not be the same company.
I asked through email and both say its different companies. Well...you can believe that if you want or not
themountain is offline  
Old 09-01-2021, 10:24 AM
  #417  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 10,091
Default

Originally Posted by themountain View Post
I asked through email and both say its different companies. Well...you can believe that if you want or not
But how much companies will admit they just buy a rebranded servo?
Roelof is offline  
Old 09-01-2021, 11:25 AM
  #418  
Tech Addict
 
Furadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boise
Posts: 746
Default

I was just talking to my AGFrc contact a few days ago and I don't have any reason to think they've rebranded. She would have mentioned it. Coincidentally she reached out to me ask If I was interested in sponsorship / samples... You know after already purchasing 6 AGFrc servos through amazon this year.
Furadi is offline  
Old 09-01-2021, 11:55 PM
  #419  
Tech Adept
 
themountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Terrassa/Barcelona
Posts: 138
Default

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
But how much companies will admit they just buy a rebranded servo?
Well ..at least I know two ...thats something
themountain is offline  
Old 10-12-2021, 08:08 PM
  #420  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 100
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bratan View Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/Wur3_RnQ3uE?feature=share

good speed on 6.6v
we'll see how good it's going to be on track and how long its gonna last
just an update after 2.5 gallons, servo has a slight play, barely noticeable. Also one of the wires got unsoldered from the board so I had to get that situated too.
bratan is online now  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.