Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hello everyone,

I wanted to clarify the schedule and program as there seems to be some questions regarding it and some guys have really gotten upset for some reason. So here is how MR will go.

For the 1/10th side
Friday Practice and 1 qualifier
Saturday Round 2 and 3 of qualification and B mains and First round of Triple A
Sunday. Lower mains and rounds A2 and A3 of Triple Finals.

Here is how the mains will work.

We will qualify the top 9 racers into the A finals. All classes will run Triple A mains. We will run the B mains on Saturday night. The Winner of the B main will bump up to the A final.

On Sunday. We will run the lower finals and we will have bump ups in the lower finals. 1st and 2nd will bump from each lower finals to make 10 car finals. Bump up drivers will be able to bump up as far as the C final.
Winners of the lower finals will get the awards for winning that final. Awards go to 1st place of the lower finals only. The award does not trickle down to 3rd place when 1st & 2nd bump.

Now to answer a few questions I have read.
This program is not designed to benefit the "PRO" it is designed to give everyone involved the best experience we can. This goes from Pro's to Joe's to Spectators. Since I have taken over MR everyone has always asked for Triple A mains. We have not been able to do it until now, That is why we are trying a new format to have a better time schedule to allow us to try this. Again, we are running Triple A for all classes. This includes Stock buggy, Stock SC and all classes. Not just Mod 2wd so this is designed from everyone not just Pro's.

The other reason to try this is to give Spectators some exciting finals to watch on Saturday night. Remember there are different spectators on each day Saturday and Sunday. So now we can offer them some exciting racing on both days.

For the Big Track.

Friday practice and 1 qualifier
Sat Round 2 & 3 of qualifying, B Mains and first rounds of A finals
Sun Lower finals and Round A2 & A3 of finals

We will run 12 car finals. For the A mains, we will take the top 11 Qualifiers to seed the A Final and the winner of the B main will fill the 12th spot.

Lower finals will bump 2 racers up till the C final. That will be as far as you could bump. Winners of the lower finals will get the awards for winning that final. Awards go to 1st place of the lower finals only. The award does not trickle down to 3rd place when 1st & 2nd bump.

We are excited for this new format as it should give everyone a much better experience at MR. Not such long days and nights and more exciting finals.

If you have any other questions at all, please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to answer them.

Thank you very much,
Scotty

thanks for the clarification. So there WILL be bumps up to the C. Nice. Thanks Scotty
Old 12-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rythby
never said I wanted a guarantee so don't twist it to try to seem intelligent. I just see things as they are. Lets give the pros more track time so the spectators like it. This is my third year there and I am not worried about a trophy but I think the "club racers" should get there moneys worth. We actually pay for our stuff. We support the hobby. Pros are a marketing campaign that runs our prices up
I want to try and answer your questions and concerns.

This format and schedule is designed for everyone in all classes. The "club racer" will get as much chance of track time and finals at the "Pro's" will. I cannot see how you think the Club Racer will not get their money worth at the event. It is the same for all. If somebody is a better racer and they make the A main and get to race more than I do because I did not do as well, that is just how it is.

As for Pro's being a marketing campaign, that is your opinion and I disagree. They are there to help racers. I can't tell you how many time in my racing life that I went up to some of the Pros to get advice and they showed me how to build a diff correct or build shocks, took my car and gave it a once over. That was awesome! To get help from the best in the world. That was worth the price of admission to me. Plus to get to watch these guys race is also very entertaining and something most racers and all the spectators will enjoy.

I hope you will have an enjoyable time racing with us at MR.
Thank you,
Scotty
[email protected]
Old 12-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
I want to try and answer your questions and concerns.

This format and schedule is designed for everyone in all classes. The "club racer" will get as much chance of track time and finals at the "Pro's" will. I cannot see how you think the Club Racer will not get their money worth at the event. It is the same for all. If somebody is a better racer and they make the A main and get to race more than I do because I did not do as well, that is just how it is.

As for Pro's being a marketing campaign, that is your opinion and I disagree. They are there to help racers. I can't tell you how many time in my racing life that I went up to some of the Pros to get advice and they showed me how to build a diff correct or build shocks, took my car and gave it a once over. That was awesome! To get help from the best in the world. That was worth the price of admission to me. Plus to get to watch these guys race is also very entertaining and something most racers and all the spectators will enjoy.

I hope you will have an enjoyable time racing with us at MR.
Thank you,
Scotty
[email protected]
well, I see your point there i will delete that one . my apologies
Old 12-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

registration on the big track appears to still be open
Old 12-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Scotty, just to clarify. On the big track the lower mains will bump 1st and 2nd spot to the next main but that stops at the C main? So does that mean winner of the C main does or does not bump to the B main? Then from the B main only the winner bumps to the A, correct?
Old 12-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

lower mains bump up through C then it stops. C does not go to B. B bumps into A.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnotRkt
lower mains bump up through C then it stops. C does not go to B. B bumps into A.
You got it...
Old 12-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If you win the C main, you won the C, congrats, that's as far as you go.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hackersmovie
You got it...
I know this, man! Its not rocket scientry!
Old 12-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scientry
Old 12-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SnotRkt
I know this, man! Its not rocket scientry!
Pfft.. It still stinks. Everyone is able to bump except the C-Main guys. And even if you do bump from the D to the C, you're stuck there.

So, I guess I'll just do super crappy so I can bump and race more...
Old 12-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

anyone know if evo or the larger 1/10 rims will be allowed in buggy class?
Old 12-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Already signed up and got my tickets, but I won't be able to go due to a back injury. Anyone wanting to sign up after the big track is sold out, PM me. Got two entries for the big track and the premium parking pass as a package deal. Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hackersmovie
So, I guess I'll just do super crappy so I can bump and race more...
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!

Out of the 325ish people that are entered in the event per track, maybe...what... 20 people will be bumping? It's probably not going to affect you.

Also, I don't know if any of you have ever been to Motorama, but the level of competition is stupid high. If by the stroke of luck you bump to the C, I really really do not think you'll be going any higher anyway.

If you're THAT concerned about your final place in the race, then practice. Go do testing. Work on your setups and your driving. Maybe you'll make the A mains and "get your money's worth"

EDIT: Not talking specifically to hackersmovie. I'm addressing everyone. Don't think I'm attacking you, man.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Not speaking to anyone specific but everybody's deal on here? We all paid the same last year to only get one main now it seems like everyone is all bent out of shape over triple A-mains when 95% of the people on here wont see the A-main anyway. I wasn't trying to start drama with my earlier question about bump-ups, just simply trying to clarify what Scotty had posted.

Carry on with your crying about how unfair Motorama is, I'll see you guys in February. I'll be the one having fun no matter where I finish or what main I land in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.