2015 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Default 2015 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Hello everyone,

********************* 2015 MOTORAMA FEBRUARY 20-22 2015 ****************************

************************ 2015 MR IS SOLD OUT ***************************************

WE ARE HAPPY AND SAD TO SAY REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE 2015 MR. WE SOLD OUT IN RECORD TIME AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO ANOTHER GREAT EVENT AT MOTORAMA.

It is that time of the year when we start looking forward to our annual pilgrimage to Harrisburg PA for Motorama. This years event will again be a fantastic experience of not only RC Racing but Motorsport's in general. Thousands of fans, lots of racing to watch and enjoy and getting to see all our friends from around the country. Entries will go live on November 1st and as you know it will sell out quickly and there are those of you that will procrastinate and wait until the last minute and then beg us to get an entry in but please remember. This event is controlled by Motorama and not Charlie and I. So make your plans now and get your entries in for what will be another exciting year of racing at Motorama.

Welcome everyone to the 2015 Motorama US Indoor Electric Off Road Championships. Over the past few years the event has grown to be one of the major events in the world of off road racing and this year will again be an exciting event in front of thousands of dedicated race fans. We will again have 2 race tracks located in adjacent rooms. All 1/10th Scale classes will be run on the clay track and the big track will run the 1/8th cars and 4wd SC.

Charlie Suangka will again be the race director on the 1/10th track and Scotty Ernst will be running the 1/8th and 4wd SC track. We will be running a new schedule at this years race to make for a better event. We will be running 1 round of qualifying starting at 5pm on Friday night February 20th. This will allow us to have a much better schedule throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday. There is so much to see and do besides RC Racing at the 2015 Motorama that we hope you choose to race with us and enjoy all the Motorama has to offer. We look forward to seeing everyone in February at the 2015 Motorama US Indoor Electric Off Road Championships.

*****SAVE MONEY, register in advance. On-site registration will be available at $100.00 for the first class and $70.00 for each addition class, if not sold out. ***** We strongly urge everyone to Pre-Register as we are limiting registration to a total of 325 racers.

PLEASE READ:

For the 2015 US Indoor Electric Off Road Championships we will be running a new schedule. We will be running 1 round of qualifying Friday night at 5pm. Doors open at 8:00am on Friday PRACTICE Starts at 9:00am and ends at 4:00pm Friday. Then we will run 1 qualifier. Please bring any items necessary for a functional pit area, tables, chairs and extension cords will NOT be supplied. Electrical Drops will be supplied. For ease of load in and load our we suggest racers bring a cart or hand truck to move personal equipment between parking lot and venue.

DOORS WILL OPEN AT 7am on Saturday. Please bring any items necessary for a functional pit area. Tables, chairs and extension cords will NOT be supplied. Electrical Drops will be supplied.

RULES:

NOVICE: 17.5 MOTOR AND SPEED CONTROL IN BLINKY MODE

1/10TH CLASSES:
BATTERY MAXIMUM IS 2S LIPO. ALL BATTERIES MUST BE CHARGED IN A LIPO BAG.
ALL STOCK CLASSES WILL USE 17.5 MOTORS AND SPEED CONTROLS IN THE NO TIMING OR BLINKY MODE.
STOCK 17.5 MOTORS MUST BE ON THE APPROVED MOTOR LIST.

SHORT COURSE CLASSES: ONLY TIRES DESIGNED FOR SC TRUCKS AND BUGGIES ARE ALLOWED. NO 1/8TH WHEEL CONVERSIONS.
SC BODIES: ONLY BODIES DESIGNED FOR SHORT COURSE, NO ADDITIONAL WINGS, SPOILERS OR SIDE DAMS ARE ALLOWED.

ENTRIES WILL BE CAPPED AT 325 FOR EACH TRACK, SO DON'T WAIT TO SIGNUP.

FOR THE 1/0TH TRACK:
WITH OUR NEW SCHEDULE, WE WILL ALSO BE ADDING A BIT MORE EXCITEMENT TO THE PROGRAM. WE WILL BE RUNNING TRIPLE A MAINS! WE WILL ALSO BE DOING A BUMP UP FROM THE B MAIN. THE TOP 9 QUALIFIERS WILL MAKE THE A MAIN AND WE WILL TAKE THE WINNER OF THE B MAIN TO FILL THE 10TH POSITION. WE WILL RUN THE B MAINS ON SATURDAY NIGHT ALONG WITH SOME OTHER LOWER MAINS TO GIVE THE SPECTATORS SOME RACING ACTION ON BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.

BIG TRACK MAIN SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED SHORTLY.

In the past we have tried to let drivers race on both tracks and we will again allow this but it will be up to you to make sure you are ready. We will not be able to hold the race if you are racing at the other track. So if you do decide to race on both tracks, we are sorry but we cannot guarantee that you will make all your heats/mains.

Last year we initiated something really unique for marshaling and it worked out very well. We will again be doing the same procedures of marshaling 1 race after your race. It allows us to get races turned around much faster.

We will also have Casey joining the team again this year to do tech inspection of the Stock Classes before each heat.

We will be using a list of Approved Stock Motors. All motors used in the 17.5 classes will need to be on the approved motor list. I will have this listed posted shortly. This list will be updated periodically before the event when new approved motors become available and and we will have an updated date of January 20 2015 which is 30 days before the event as the final day for updates. Unless there is a clerical error.

CLASSES:

1/10TH TRACK

NOVICE
STOCK BUGGY
STOCK TRUCK
STOCK SHORT COURSE
MODIFIED BUGGY
MODIFIED TRUCK
MODIFIED SHORT COURSE
4X4 MODIFIED BUGGY

BIG TRACK

4X4 SHORT COURSE INTERMEDIATE
4X4 SHORT COURSE EXPERT
1/8TH INTERMEDIATE ELECTRIC TRUGGY
1/8TH INTERMEDIATE ELECTRIC BUGGY
1/8TH EXPERT ELECTRIC TRUGGY
1/8TH EXPERT ELECTRIC BUGGY

Racers registration includes one weekend pass for the driver (Do not laminate your 2 day passes), all additional tickets for parents, family and friends will need to be purchased below.1 general parking pass is also included.

Important Event Information: After completion of your entry, go back to the registration page for participant information, download and print maps and lodging information before coming to Harrisburg. It could make your Motorama visit less stressful.

Please direct all general event questions to the Motorama Events main office at 717-359-7056.

All tickets are general admission and do not guarantee seating in any arena

Charlie and I and all the team of Motorama look forward to seeing many of your at next years event and if you have any questions at all, I ask that you email me as I travel a lot and cannot always get online the check the forums. [email protected]
Bob also helps out a tremendous amount and will try and keep any questions posted here answered.

Thanks again for your interest in Motorama.
Scotty
[email protected]

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 12-12-2014 at 05:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

YES!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah! Cannot wait for another great race!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Wish they would bring back Nitro... Man this was the race I looked forward to all year. Oh well. You guys have fun. Tracks are always "challenging" but in a good way.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Scotty,

Have there been any considerations for some form of controlled practice? This would minimize long line waits, people gaming the system to get more track time, etc. I recognize the extra work on the race directors, but it seems that which such a volume of entries and the limited practice that this would be a beneficial consideration!

I'm sure you and Charlie have thought about this before, but I believe that it would increase the race experience a bit.

Look forward to your comments.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Im with you on that Zayas ! I know last year i just waited at my pit table intill the line went down or i just dint practice once or twice . But than again i was only running one class.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Any tire made specifically for Short Course is allowed. That includes ribbed tires like JConcepts Carvers and Proline Slicers. The past 2 years I've used the Carvers on my 2wd SC with no problems going through tech. I trust this will still be the case?
Old 10-29-2014, 08:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

So the race is Feb 20-22.
Hope to make it my first Motorama!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Would like to see controlled practice split between expert and intermediate classes
Old 10-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes! 4wd and 2wd mod for me. My second Rama. Ate my balls last year, so I'm looking forward to a better performance in 2015.

Also, LESS than a foot of snow this time would be awesome.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flagler
Yes! 4wd and 2wd mod for me. My second Rama. Ate my balls last year, so I'm looking forward to a better performance in 2015.

Also, LESS than a foot of snow this time would be awesome.
That snow did make things difficult! Lol
Old 10-30-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm going to try 1/8 scale this year. Can't wait.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I like the new schedule...can't wait!
Old 10-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
So the race is Feb 20-22.
Hope to make it my first Motorama!
According to the web-site yes...
Old 10-30-2014, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Can't wait!! Lets hope for no blind corners on the awesome track like last year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.