Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 MOTORAMA US ELECTRIC OFF ROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS PRESENTED BY SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

so whats the bottom line, are there bumps on the 10th scale?
Old 12-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

is everyone arguing about bumps? who cares? if a sponsored driver/faster driver starts behind you and there are bumps well maybe he was having a off weekend. matt olsen started behind me last year in my mod main and he didnt get past me and if he did well he deserved that spot cause he was faster. im pretty sure we both bumped but i dont remember. but even if a person started dead last in the mains cause he had no quals and bumps to the A well good for them cause thats where they belonged and would of been if they were there for qualifing or if they didnt have a bad weekend. I cant belive everyone is arguing about that? lol i thought there would be more arguements about entries closing so early. racing is racing guys see yall at motorama.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I can tell you that running triple a mains and bump ups is a scheduling nightmare. Technically you can't run any of the Amains until all the lower mains are finished. Races of this size with this many entries and triple mains almost never have bump ups. Unless you have run the scoring software you have no idea about this.

Welcome to motorama. You pay three times the amount for an entry fee and get similar track time as your local club race and it's really freaking cold.
Old 12-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmackani
I can tell you that running triple a mains and bump ups is a scheduling nightmare. Technically you can't run any of the Amains until all the lower mains are finished. Races of this size with this many entries and triple mains almost never have bump ups. Unless you have run the scoring software you have no idea about this.

Welcome to motorama. You pay three times the amount for an entry fee and get similar track time as your local club race and it's really freaking cold.
im 90% sure thats why they didnt allow bumps to the A. even tho i thought they did? because they can run lower mains and the a mains earlier to get through the triple As faster
Old 12-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's an awesome event one of the largest in the world.... Price is cheap for the size of the event... It's a basicly sold out already and sells out every year.... People cry about practice time... I typical run 5 runs each per class plus 3 quals and main... Well worth the money.... If you don't like it then instead of complaining just don't come.... It will still sell out... Scotty is the best in the business and runs and awesome show instead of complaining applaud the efforts of everyone involved so we don't have to travel across the country to race in premier events... Rant over bring on Motorama 2015
Old 12-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastestcat
It's an awesome event one of the largest in the world.... Price is cheap for the size of the event... It's a basicly sold out already and sells out every year.... People cry about practice time... I typical run 5 runs each per class plus 3 quals and main... Well worth the money.... If you don't like it then instead of complaining just don't come.... It will still sell out... Scotty is the best in the business and runs and awesome show instead of complaining applaud the efforts of everyone involved so we don't have to travel across the country to race in premier events... Rant over bring on Motorama 2015
ya what he said!!!
Old 12-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

What is a triple a main?
Old 12-08-2014, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vantard
What is a triple a main?
You run three separate A mains and your best 2 out of three count (scored via points, then pace if there is a tie). If you win the first two A mains you can sit out the third.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

I guess the only thing that may make this format suck is if they run some lower mains on Saturday and you can't bump, there is a chance you wouldn't need to show up on Sunday (if you are like in the J-main or something). This kinda stinks since you you pretty much paid for the whole weekend plus all the out-of-towners have hotel reservations and what not. I know I bought a Sunday ticket for my wife...look for all the low finishers in RC out scalping admission tickets on Sunday morning!!
Old 12-08-2014, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

registered on Thursday got my tickets today. that was fast
Old 12-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
You run three separate A mains and your best 2 out of three count (scored via points, then pace if there is a tie). If you win the first two A mains you can sit out the third.
So if you make the a main you're automatically in all 3? Why not just one and done?
Old 12-08-2014, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Last edited by Jim Hustins; 12-09-2014 at 02:53 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vantard
So if you make the a main you're automatically in all 3? Why not just one and done?
Yes, you would be in all 3. Triple A's would give you a second chance if you happen to have an awful race or break in one of them...you could still win overall if you do well enough in the other 2.

Plus, it's more racing for the $ (if you make it in the A).
Old 12-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Guys, I spoke to Scotty and told him we need to address your concerns. He was travelling and just got into the US today. I expect something from him tomorrow.

The bottom line is that we are trying to make this a more enjoyable event. Not just a race. If you come to Motorama strictly for the RC Race, you're selling yourself short.

The past 2 years, we had so many people that we were there extremely late every night and no one got to actually enjoy the event. I think I saw one moto race and I was looking forward to it. The goal now is that we can finish at a reasonable time, let everyone experience what Motorama is really about, and still have great racing. You do realize that we are still going to have close to 700 entries over 2 tracks.

Now about bumps. This is NOT official, but my understanding is no bumps except the B Main. This is something I have asked Scotty to clear up. As far as the lower mains on Saturday, I believe ONLY the B mains are being run on Saturday. Everything else is on Sunday.

Again, this is my opinion, not Motorama's, not Scotty's. It's nothing official, and I may be totally wrong.

The bottom line is Motorama is about family, fun and motorsports. If you can't understand that or don't want all of that, then maybe you are better off not coming. ( I would HATE to see that happen though)

Thanks,
Bob
Old 12-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pags30805
so whats the bottom line, are there bumps on the 10th scale?
From post #1:

WITH OUR NEW SCHEDULE, WE WILL ALSO BE ADDING A BIT MORE EXCITEMENT TO THE PROGRAM. WE WILL BE RUNNING TRIPLE A MAINS! WE WILL ALSO BE DOING A BUMP UP FROM THE B MAIN. THE TOP 9 QUALIFIERS WILL MAKE THE A MAIN AND WE WILL TAKE THE WINNER OF THE B MAIN TO FILL THE 10TH POSITION. WE WILL RUN THE B MAINS ON SATURDAY NIGHT ALONG WITH SOME OTHER LOWER MAINS TO GIVE THE SPECTATORS SOME RACING ACTION ON BOTH SATURDAY AND SUNDAY.

Guess your not bumping from the C on Sunday to a B that is being run Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.