Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default qualifying

ifmar starts for qualifying wood be great see ya on the 9th
Old 04-01-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by RKeasler
There is no way 10 single file is good and the last 3 guys are at the end of the straight. We can get a clean start with 10 side by side and if not its our fault. It comes down to having control of the car in traffic. We are not going to get a 10 car single file main many places no point doing it here.
The last 3 guys should qualify better, everyone has equal opportunity to have the front row spot. No reason to stack everyone up. I have seen it happen time and time again. I agree with Chad, single file will be only hope.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RKeasler
Brandon how did the Sorexs do on our track?
They were good. Takes about 4 laps for them to come in, but tire warmers could fix this.

I agree, IFMAR starts. Too many people coming to have to jockey for a good start to make the main. It should be gridded based on you r ability to run consistent good laps, not who gets lucky and doesn't get roughed up in the first couple laps.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Brandon Melton
The last 3 guys should qualify better, everyone has equal opportunity to have the front row spot. No reason to stack everyone up. I have seen it happen time and time again. I agree with Chad, single file will be only hope.
The last 3 guys should qualify better???There are 10 spots somebody, no matter what will be 8-10 on the grid, but agree with Chad if you will, if the start is the way I think it will be single file won't be any better than if we go with a standard start. So in the end guess it doesn't matter we still have to make the first turn and a wreck is a wreck whether its a sideswipe or piling into the rear end. We shall see.
Old 04-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

It's not an insult, just a statement. I just don't think that getting to start 15 ft further forward will make or break the guys qualifying 6-10. It's the track's decision anyhow, I'll race either way, lol.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

If there are not an dis-advantage to those starting in 6-10th place, in the line, Then I recommend having those fastest start in the rear. Simply reverse the "best racer 1st" line-up.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Here's what I would like the grid to look like.

Each red dot is a starting position. The black lines are the lines down the back straight. BTW Craig has a bracket that we can spray though for the grid markers.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

pic
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
starting grid smaller.bmp (109.7 KB, 46 views)
Old 04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My desire is to have a day of competitive and clean TC racing 1st, To win 2nd. We can make that happen I am just trying to figure out what gives us the best chance to do that.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Here's the stacked grid
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
stacked grid.bmp (109.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 04-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Brian, Craig, and I have throughly thought out the starting positions when we first redesigned the layout. We came to the conclusion that with side by side, two cars are fighting for a good run at the 90* sweeper in the back corner. This is going to cause problems since the best line comes from the outside wall and hugs the pipe, flowing into the middle of the side straight. Also, if someone makes one slip up, then the 9 guys behind him will wreck. A line start gives more margin for error, and increases the ability to avoid a wreck.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

If Craig has the ability, he should setup the heats to include drivers of the same level of experience. I'm not trying to be concieted, but it would make for a more enjoyable day for all the racers.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by PlainOleDave
If there are not an dis-advantage to those starting in 6-10th place, in the line, Then I recommend having those fastest start in the rear. Simply reverse the "best racer 1st" line-up.
Like Chad said, without trying to sound insulting OR conceited, does the guy who qualifies 8-10 TRUELY believe that if he lines up double file, he will increase his chances of winning that much more.

Like Chad said, there is ONE preffered line into the sweeper, and guess what the car on the POLE doesn't have it. It's a disadvantage to the entire inside row to line up double file. 100% of people are never pleased, so if it's not Chad and I, someone else will be happy, and I guess there's nothing wrong with that either. Just think about it like this, what's the advantage of working hard to TQ (for whoever it might be), to only be at a disadvantage at the start of the race??
Old 04-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
If Craig has the ability, he should setup the heats to include drivers of the same level of experience. I'm not trying to be concieted, but it would make for a more enjoyable day for all the racers.
But what about the guys from out of town, who's word do you take on their ability? I agree, it makes racing more enjoyable for everyone, the faster guys aren't dodging bullets, and the slower guys aren't depressed because they just moved over 2 times to let people by.

Do the "my buddies are fast, put them in the top heat" stories hold validity, because if not, it should just be randomly selected. Most of time, the new guys have to pay their dues at a new track before anyone gives them a break on their next trip.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Resort... hehe...

I haven't been or seen the track. So I can't comment on the starting grid. But if I had a preference... single file would be cool. Getting TQ would actually mean something. Blah blah blah. However the "track" does it is fine with me. I'll race either way. I'm just looking forward to racing with some old buddies and meeting new people. Not to mention racing on asphalt again!!

Brandon, I'll let ya know more on who's coming later on this weekend. How late does Hooters stay open in Charlotte?? hehe..

~Jimmy Mac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.