Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Touring racing Upstate SC

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Chad- Yeah I'll be there around 10:30, I have a class from 8:00-8:50, then out. Don't take these guys too seriously, we all race together. I've never run a yok, but we'll get your close. Adjustments are mostly universal and will have similar effects on any chassis. Jimmy's set up should be in the ball park right off though.

By any chance if you pay for practice will they turn Jlap on for practice lap times?? See ya there.

Keasler- Until about late may-June, Sorex 32's are great. Whenever the ambient temp is above 85, you will definatly need 36's. I like the sorex medium "thin" inserts. The thin gives you a little more air gap for more traction. I will be running some capped tires as well this year, which last a LONG time, alot more runs for your money.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KilRuf
Jairo, I gave him my "shaft" setup from the Regionals last year. I just hope it works for him on that track. It didn't work good up at Virginia Beach in the parking lot. Then again, I might of had the wrong tires up there.

Anyways, I'll be working on "our" setup...
I going to start off with a setup from Matt Howard at the Nationals in NC a few years back. If that doesn't work, then MAYBE I'll try your shaft setup.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Craig- Since you started the thread, I assume you are the Race Director or owner?

The track was cool to run on and the "triangle" section is definatly challenging on the car and the size of the driver's "cahunas" .

My question- On race days do you guys use anything to blow the track off. It was only practice but I noticed there was a good bit of dust and "tiny" rocks in the driving line. Looking forward to the 9th.

RKeasler- nice to meet you, see ya later.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Craig, I probably won't see you before the 9th, so can you sign me up for 19 turn touring. Channel 89 backup 88,87,86

I'm taking the ACT test in the morning and that last until noon.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Brandon Melton
Craig- Since you started the thread, I assume you are the Race Director or owner?

The track was cool to run on and the "triangle" section is definatly challenging on the car and the size of the driver's "cahunas" .

My question- On race days do you guys use anything to blow the track off. It was only practice but I noticed there was a good bit of dust and "tiny" rocks in the driving line. Looking forward to the 9th.

RKeasler- nice to meet you, see ya later.
Cool Brandon, see you and your peeps on the ninth, Hopefully Craig can also make sure we have as much inside pit space as possible as well as blowing the track off.

Rod
Old 03-31-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Chad,
keep talkin smack dude and brandon is going to put it on ya. lol
Tell brian good racing with him last weekend, and next time I won't be so nice.
keith
Old 03-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Brandon, yeah I'm the trackowner. We get a lot of rocks and stuff on the track during the week. Seems like every little kid has to throw a rock or two or three on the asphalt when they walk by. I haven't figured that out yet. The dusty stuff you saw washes down the track after a big rain and accumulates down there on the lower end and we did have some rain this week. We'll be blowing it off either Friday night or Sat. morning. No problem.

Chad, think and test fast.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by craigp
We get a lot of rocks and stuff on the track during the week. Seems like every little kid has to throw a rock or two or three on the asphalt when they walk by. I haven't figured that out yet.

Chad, think and test fast.
If we had Titanium 2 ft. deep by 15ft. tall walls sourounding the track, the problem would be eliminated. But Craig's WAYYYYY to lazy to build something like that
Old 03-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Here's the simulated race results:

Chad Capece 20 laps 5.15
Brian Card 19 laps 5.05
Joey McMakin 19 laps 5.055
Rodney Keasler 19 laps 5.06
Dave Raber 19 laps 5.07
Jimmy Mac 19 laps 5.12
Darren Brooks 18 laps 5.08
Reggie Wade 18 laps 5.14

And in the E-Main

Brandon Melton 1 lap DNF

this is a bunch of simulated shit capece lol u be dreaming of this stuff lol
Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by RKeasler
Sup Reggie yeah I am on here alot just don't "talk" much LOL. Finally figured out my year long glitching problem( my radio )guess I will get a KO, borrowed an old one, worked great. If we can get some clean runs I predict 19 laps for the top 5.
well i got an extra ko redy to use if u like if u need it rk
Old 04-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tc3 racer sc
well i got an extra ko redy to use if u like if u need it rk
Hey Reggie I went to the track Wed. and used my stuff with the receiver mounted flat on the chassis no problems at all I know I tried it before (I think) and it didn't work but so far my radio and my GT7 are working great. Bring your backup just in case I start having problems.

Rod
Old 04-01-2005, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Brandon how did the Sorexs do on our track?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Craig I don't know about everyone else but I would like to have IFMAR starts for the qualifiers in this race. We also have to look at putting down a grid for the mains, 10 deep single file doesn't sound good to me. What do you guys think?
Old 04-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RKeasler
We also have to look at putting down a grid for the mains, 10 deep single file doesn't sound good to me. What do you guys think?
We need to paint a grid, but 10 cars side by side isn't going to work. We'll need 10 deep to get anywhere near a clean start.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
We need to paint a grid, but 10 cars side by side isn't going to work. We'll need 10 deep to get anywhere near a clean start.
There is no way 10 single file is good and the last 3 guys are at the end of the straight. We can get a clean start with 10 side by side and if not its our fault. It comes down to having control of the car in traffic. We are not going to get a 10 car single file main many places no point doing it here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.