Wiki Posts
Search

Woodville Mall Saturday Electric Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
I been kicking around doing some asphalt racing this year. Reading this is making me wonder WTF some of you are talking about. Any 10th scale touring car is designed for 2 cell racing. Yeah, you can make anything fit, but large events like ROAR races are based on 2 cell. In my opinion if somebody wants to race and don't care about points, let them run what ever they want. If he/she don't want to follow house rules, roar rules, etc then let them run for hobby and to help support the track, but the run does not count towards points, etc.
That makes 2 of us Adam. i'm a little late to the party here and just read this. Follow the rules if you want to be counted in the point series, otherwise run what you brung to have FUN...

not really sure what Russ is doing, nor do i care. he is a great guy, and just to race w/ him would be great. i remember when i first started in RC and i went to his track in his backyard. he went out of his way to make sure i was comfortable racing there.

Hopefully i can run some 2s TC mod this summer as well.... kicking around the idea of converting my Losi 2.0E to a GT, not sure if possible though. if it is, please let me know the conversion kit, or parts needed to do it.

off to find my roar postcard somewhere in this house to renew, to race there this summer....
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigz84
That makes 2 of us Adam. i'm a little late to the party here and just read this. Follow the rules if you want to be counted in the point series, otherwise run what you brung to have FUN...

not really sure what Russ is doing, nor do i care. he is a great guy, and just to race w/ him would be great. i remember when i first started in RC and i went to his track in his backyard. he went out of his way to make sure i was comfortable racing there.

Hopefully i can run some 2s TC mod this summer as well.... kicking around the idea of converting my Losi 2.0E to a GT, not sure if possible though. if it is, please let me know the conversion kit, or parts needed to do it.

off to find my roar postcard somewhere in this house to renew, to race there this summer....
Take a look at the losi Leight ? It's a eight 2.0 designed for dirt oval. I would imagine you can compare a parts list and order what you would need? Probably just shocks and new shock towers? With prices on the 2.0 these days you can probably pick up a new one for the price of conversion?
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

... damn, do you have to have a ROAR card to race ?

mo money, mo money, mo money !!
Old 03-29-2013, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jag88
... damn, do you have to have a ROAR card to race ?

mo money, mo money, mo money !!
i believe just for Nitro Barry...i have to get my NT1 out there this year. the local tennis courts just don't cut it. fun, yes... fast, no...
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm going to give mod a try this summer. It'll be the first time I've run mod TC EVER !! I'm also interested in GT8 but I'm going to 'wait and see' on that one ...
I hope the weather man is on our side ... lol

Barry Z
Glad to hear from you Barry. You'll really enjoy the +60mph mod back straight speed. Just a couple more carpet races remaining. Are you going to do those? Attendance really drops off in April.

No ROAR required for Saturday electrics.

klunk

Last edited by rcwck; 03-29-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: ROAR comment
Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Welcome to the fun!

We have the perfect track for fast mod tc. It's a blast.

Dunno if you saw this forum. Lotsa conversion info and you probably can find your answers here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-electric.html
Old 03-30-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcwck
Glad to hear from you Barry. You'll really enjoy the +60mph mod back straight speed. Just a couple more carpet races remaining. Are you going to do those? Attendance really drops off in April.

No ROAR required for Saturday electrics.

klunk
I think I'm going to wait until the 20th and work on the mod stuff.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

It'll be the first time I've run mod TC EVER !!
No way!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Adam B
No way!!!
way ... lol
Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

I'm gonna run a few packs at the track tomorrow. The weather suppose to be real nice. No boards but the black groove is of the layout is still there. Come and play a bit if you get the chance. Your old keys will still work. I haven't heard anything about the club working on the track tomorrow, so it should be available. I'm anxious to get outside. I'm thinking 1-2PM when it warms up.
Did you dust off the track today ? How did the new Ofna run ?
Old 03-30-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Did you dust off the track today ? How did the new Ofna run ?
I'm curious to hear how the 6 cell setup went? I just ordered 2 sets this week. I'm really looking forward to getting my car out there soon!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default at the track today

Just ran one set of lipos. It was a bit chilly with the wind. The track was pushy loose because it was cold and very dirty. Ran the car for ~9 minutes running some of the road course and other times doing a fast oval. The track boards are all down. The plan is hopefully to set the track up in the next couple weeks so it is ready for nitro test and tune on April 14th.

Car seemed to be over geared a bit and the motor was too hot for the ambient temp after the run. I will have to drop a couple pinion teeth and use a better motor fan. Car had plenty of speed/punch. The Tekin Rx8 bec popped the last time out although it's rated for 6S. BECs seem to be a weak link on most ESCs. I used an ubec today and all was good.

This OFNA GT-V2 is noticeable smoother and more quite than my Ultra GTP2 car. The composite spur(run hardened steel in the Ultra) and CVAs make that difference.

I'm a bit curious about the added weight with the 6S set up and if that will affect the handling. This car is +9lbs. I have an extra 2650 motor and 4s packs to make a swap at the track to compare the differences. Having the split battery holders makes this option real easy.

I will keep everyone updated here as to the track work party date(s) and track set up completion. I will also try to get our membership secretary to hang out on the electric test and tune days so you can join the club and get a track and potty access key. Test and tune days are free and the One-Eighth Racers annual membership fee is $25 with no initiation fee.

Everyone enjoy your "PEEPS" and J.C. tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

hey Klunk,
what tires seemed to work the best for mod tc and 1/8 gt last year. i think i remember people saying they were having trouble finding traction. i.e. Sweep True Blues were garbage out there.

Sorex 28s?
Sorex 32s?

got parts on order for my GT now, just looking for some tires/rims now.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

hey Klunk,
what tires seemed to work the best for mod tc and 1/8 gt last year. i think i remember people saying they were having trouble finding traction. i.e. Sweep True Blues were garbage out there.

Sorex 28s?
Sorex 32s?

got parts on order for my GT now, just looking for some tires/rims now.
Gotta go pretty soft early in the year when track temps are cool. Much lower than 32s. I would imagine true greens are way too hard. Soft Sweep, GRP and Alpha for GT8. Best to run the hardest you can stand for GT8 because of wear issues on the big heavy powerful cars. Soft Sweeps, Solaris and Sorex for mod tc.

Later in the season much harder compounds are the best. I have seen the track get 155f degrees.

Hopefully the new asphalt has seasoned a bit over the winter and won't be as hard on the tars.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Just ran one set of lipos. It was a bit chilly with the wind. The track was pushy loose because it was cold and very dirty. Ran the car for ~9 minutes running some of the road course and other times doing a fast oval. The track boards are all down. The plan is hopefully to set the track up in the next couple weeks so it is ready for nitro test and tune on April 14th.

Car seemed to be over geared a bit and the motor was too hot for the ambient temp after the run. I will have to drop a couple pinion teeth and use a better motor fan. Car had plenty of speed/punch. The Tekin Rx8 bec popped the last time out although it's rated for 6S. BECs seem to be a weak link on most ESCs. I used an ubec today and all was good.

This OFNA GT-V2 is noticeable smoother and more quite than my Ultra GTP2 car. The composite spur(run hardened steel in the Ultra) and CVAs make that difference.

I'm a bit curious about the added weight with the 6S set up and if that will affect the handling. This car is +9lbs. I have an extra 2650 motor and 4s packs to make a swap at the track to compare the differences. Having the split battery holders makes this option real easy.

I will keep everyone updated here as to the track work party date(s) and track set up completion. I will also try to get our membership secretary to hang out on the electric test and tune days so you can join the club and get a track and potty access key. Test and tune days are free and the One-Eighth Racers annual membership fee is $25 with no initiation fee.

Everyone enjoy your "PEEPS" and J.C. tomorrow.
What kv motor where you running and what gear ratios have you tried so far?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.