R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Woodville Mall Saturday Electric Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/617243-woodville-mall-saturday-electric-racing.html)

Lazer Guy 04-09-2012 07:26 AM

Woodville Mall Saturday Electric Racing

I am going to be running the electric racing this year @ Woodville Eighth Scale racers track.
The first meeting will be this coming Saturday 4/28 with a Test & Tune day

Racing will be every Saturday with a Points series starting on May 12th.
Points race dates will be:
May 12 & 26
June 2, 16 and 30th
July 7 -21
August 4 -18
Sept. 1 -15

Three drops allowed (11 points races) If we get 2 rained out points races 2 drops allowed.
5 vehicles must be left in the class to qualify for the points series

Rules and classes will be discussed & I will update this post when there is more info.
We race 1/8th, 1/10th, 1/12 class's.... all F1's are welcome.

Mod TC 8.5 or less any ESC.
Super Stock TC 13.5 any ESC.
Stock TC 17.5 any ESC.
BB-GT8 Open
VTA ...TBD.
F1......TBD.

Opening @ 9am, racing @ noon.
There is no electricity available @ the track.
There are covered pit tables, bring a chair.
House Transponders available for rent.

Info about the track, location, etc can be found here: http://www.racersoftoledo.com/

Russ

nrtv20 04-09-2012 08:50 AM

Hope to be out a few times with the F1 this year!

Dasmopar 04-09-2012 10:52 AM

Subscribed.:D

azeroth 04-09-2012 06:04 PM

subscribed

aarcobra 04-09-2012 06:21 PM

Great News!

Originally Posted by azeroth (Post 10581136)
subscribed

Thanks for getting together on this, should be great racing! I'm a "southern member" from Toledo, moved to South Carolina and started racing 1/8 gas again last summer. Klunk got me into a GT8E and I ran F1 and TC a couple of times on Saturdays last year. Hope to do run some F1 when I can this year. It won't be often but I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

I hope to up this Saturday for the T & T and next week for race one! Let me know if anyone wants to run F1 and what "rules". I have a Basically "Toledo Spec" Tamiya, as well as an Exotek and FGX.

Ned

rcwck 04-10-2012 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by aarcobra (Post 10581229)

I hope to up this Saturday for the T & T and next week for race one! Let me know if anyone wants to run F1 and what "rules". I have a Basically "Toledo Spec" Tamiya, as well as an Exotek and FGX.

Ned

Don't bring rain witchu again, LOL

Early forecast 40% Sat & Sun

klunk

Lazer Guy 04-10-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by aarcobra (Post 10581229)
Let me know if anyone wants to run F1 and what "rules". I have a Basically "Toledo Spec" Tamiya, as well as an Exotek and FGX. Ned

Ned and all :sweat:
I would like to see as many F1's as we can get racing this year.

I stay out of the rules as much as I can.
What I like to do is offer suggestions to help make all the class's grow so keep that in mind whenever you see me say anything.

There could be 3 F1 class's to start with.
Toledo Spec Tamiya...You already have rules for that class.
Open 4wd rubber or foam
Open 2wd rubber or foam

After we see how many F1's there are (that actually show up) and what tires the guys think work the best for them on this track, we'll narrow it down to what ever the guys that ARE racing them want to use and go from there with the rules.
The rules have killed many class's before they even got on the track, I do not want to see that happen this time.
We do not have to go by anybody else's rules, we can make our own.
This may take 4 or 5 weeks to work it's self out but there is no rush, we have lots of time.

Again>>> This is just a suggestion on my part with one thing in mind <<< Get as many F1's on this track as we can.

aarcobra 04-10-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy (Post 10583640)
Ned and all :sweat:
I would like to see as many F1's as we can get racing this year.

I stay out of the rules as much as I can.
What I like to do is offer suggestions to help make all the class's grow so keep that in mind whenever you see me say anything.

There could be 3 F1 class's to start with.
Toledo Spec Tamiya...You already have rules for that class.
Open 4wd rubber or foam
Open 2wd rubber or foam

After we see how many F1's there are (that actually show up) and what tires the guys think work the best for them on this track, we'll narrow it down to what ever the guys that ARE racing them want to use and go from there with the rules.
The rules have killed many class's before they even got on the track, I do not want to see that happen this time.
We do not have to go by anybody else's rules, we can make our own.
This may take 4 or 5 weeks to work it's self out but there is no rush, we have lots of time.

Again>>> This is just a suggestion on my part with one thing in mind <<< Get as many F1's on this track as we can.

Thanks for the F1 news! Hope to see you Saturday!

aarcobra 04-10-2012 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by rcwck (Post 10583122)
Don't bring rain witchu again, LOL

Early forecast 40% Sat & Sun

klunk

Yeah the rain seemed to follow me up there a few times last year-sorry bout that! ;-(

azeroth 04-10-2012 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by aarcobra (Post 10584488)
Yeah the rain seemed to follow me up there a few times last year-sorry bout that! ;-(

LOL had something sim a few years back didn't race all summer the weekends off i had it rained of course had to work all the nice ones

aarcobra 04-10-2012 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by azeroth (Post 10585275)
LOL had something sim a few years back didn't race all summer the weekends off i had it rained of course had to work all the nice ones

Yeah, I drove up from South Carolina like three or four times last year and got to run one Main!!! This year I'm shooting for the MWS races so I'll have more guys mad at me if it rains but more guys to share blame!! LOL

azeroth 04-10-2012 08:41 PM

planning on running mws hey i'll take the blame if it rains your covered<G>

DISH 04-12-2012 03:42 AM

I'll be out on the next sunny Saturday to test / tune the F1. Hoping we can get a decent F1 class going this summer.

Lazer Guy 04-13-2012 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by DISH (Post 10592016)
I'll be out on the next sunny Saturday to test / tune the F1. Hoping we can get a decent F1 class going this summer.

Thats great John !!!
I was hoping you would get in on this.
You have always been a big help to all the racers and I really like watching you drive \:tire:___:tire:>

C U soon
Russ

nrtv20 04-13-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by DISH (Post 10592016)

Let me know what you find out and want to run for F1; my 21.5 wasn't as bad as I thought for speed, I didn't change anything from indoor racing so it could have used 3-5 teeth easy and would have made it exciting to pilot around.
When I was there my tires (tamiya rubber) didn't like the spray on the track at first; it ended up getting sticky later in the afternoon but I didn't run on it.