Wiki Posts
Search

Woodville Mall Saturday Electric Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcwck

BTW, I recently completed the OFNA GT-V2E and ran a couple packs at the track. Boards are all down but the black groove still remains to highlight the layout.
how did u like the Ofna V2E? is it gonna be a force to be reckon with ?
Hope to join you guys this year for 1/8 electric
Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FLoJo
how did u like the Ofna V2E? is it gonna be a force to be reckon with ?
Hope to join you guys this year for 1/8 electric
Should be a good car once the gearing and power system gets sorted out. It's a longer wheel base with split battery mounts. That's what interested me because I can run the C6 body and experiment with a 6S set up. Car ended up 1/2 lb heavier than my other Ultras and will have to see how or if that effects handling, punch or tire wear.

You'll enjoy the great big track and all the good guys. We scheduled two test and tunes so we should be able to sort things out. Weather is also a concern early in the season.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry, but yes mod sedan will have to be limited to a 2S lipo max for season points. You can for sure experiment with 3-4S but not race for points with that set up.

It was discussed and agreed that all that reserve power and additional efficiency could be an unfair advantage.

True Russ. The difference is and you know that sedan rules on the power system has been well established. we are firm on 2S for sedans concerning the point series.
Your firm on this, I get it

I have been running 3s in my mod TC from the very first Saturday EL race at the mall out door track.(I call that well established) but I get it so that makes no difference.
SOooooo
>>>>>> NEWS UP DATE <<<<<<<
WE (not your we) had a meeting yesterday and WE are starting another class this year (1/10th open mod TC class)

To run in this class the use of any and all technology available to get longer run times, cooler temps and/or better efficiency is strongly encouraged.
X-prize and Guinness will be notified of our attempts.

The 13.5 motors are used in super stock, 10.5 or less has been proposed but not finalized.

We will discuss rules at our class drivers meetings, at the track.
Stay tuned for more info.

Open Mod TC class CEO
Russ

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 03-21-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What TC tires does everyone run outdoors?

I would assume "outlaw mod" and mod TC will run together? Class dilution is the worst!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=nrtv20;11955973]What TC tires does everyone run outdoors?/QUOTE]

In mod TC I ran from 32's to 36's last year. The new track was hard on tires,
Should be better this year.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nrtv20
What TC tires does everyone run outdoors?

I would assume "outlaw mod" and mod TC will run together? Class dilution is the worst!
If you're the Traut the ran some 17.5 sedan indoors then those tires are probably a bit on the hard side for early in the season. Track temperatures determine the best rubber compound and 26-28s are usually better early in the season.

We'll try to group similar type and performing cars together to get the best action if we do not have at least 3 cars to make a class race. We have run 13.5ss sedans in mod and VTAs with the 17.5 stock sedans. There has not been enough VTAs or SS sedans to have a series championship yet. We will not be running 1 or 2 car races.

We have a formula for determining a season point series and awards.
If 3 cars of the same class show for 50% of the races ran 1 award will be issued, if 5 cars show for 50% then 2 awards and if 7 or more show for 50% then 3 awards will be issued. So if three of the same class cars race for 50% of the actual races then that class will exist for season points.

We will count 75% of the races actually run for points. So if we have 12 actual races your best 9 races will count for points. Assuming you have 9 or more races.

A good portion of the racers are not concerned about season stuff they just wanna come and play for the fun of it.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Barry from MI? Use to run at MIS?
if so, your right he is a Very good driver!

This is going to be a very fun season
Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Voltron989
Barry from MI? Use to run at MIS?
if so, your right he is a Very good driver!

This is going to be a very fun season
Leo is back, Jack! Good Deal!

Yes, Barry from MSI. Soon to join the "Medicare Team". He and I are very close in skill level. He raced every week once he discovered us.

How many new racers are you stirring up for this season? So far it looks like around 4-5 from what I see.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default Schedule update

There has been a slight update to the nitro schedule and a note added about the new specific RC4 transponders not being compatible with our scoring. All other transponders are still compatible. If you are to purchase a new AMB(MyLaps) transponder make sure it is a "Hybrid" version.

Schedule is on page 9 post #129
Old 03-22-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Leo is back, Jack! Good Deal!

Yes, Barry from MSI. Soon to join the "Medicare Team". He and I are very close in skill level. He raced every week once he discovered us.

How many new racers are you stirring up for this season? So far it looks like around 4-5 from what I see.
Never left

Spoke to Barry Barry during the fall and he expressed interest in coming down.
Really glad to hear he will be joining us this summer.
He was talking about converting a MBX-6 into an on road, is he still going that route or is he trying another car?

I've been spreading the word hoping to get as many people as possible to come race. It would be really nice if we can get 2 heats of GT8
Old 03-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Never left

Spoke to Barry Barry during the fall and he expressed interest in coming down.
Really glad to hear he will be joining us this summer.
He was talking about converting a MBX-6 into an on road, is he still going that route or is he trying another car?

I've been spreading the word hoping to get as many people as possible to come race. It would be really nice if we can get 2 heats of GT8
Just haven't seen/heard from you for some time

Barry is looking into a GT8 specific chassis. He is close to getting an Ofna GT-V2. I've been racing every Sunday with him at the Hobby Stop.

How's Lesh doing and is he gonna race?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Just a PSA

Bruckner Hobbies this year have reduced prices on Alphas and Sweeps EXP's
Both are now $24.99 a pair. I'm sure if you've been looking around for tires you know that's pretty much unbeatable prices especially with free priority shipping(usually 2-day)

I've ordered from them literally dozens of times and Tom and his employees have always came through. Really great company to support and keep around.
No reason to purchase tires any place else

Last edited by Voltron989; 03-22-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Just haven't seen/heard from you for some time

Barry is looking into a GT8 specific chassis. He is close to getting an Ofna GT-V2. I've been racing every Sunday with him at the Hobby Stop.

How's Lesh doing and is he gonna race?
Yea I've been gone lately out the state and actually just got back from Europe.
Been slowly getting my cars ready for the season to start.
I honestly can't wait , I think ill literally be they every day for the first week or 2 lol

Lesh is still around and he will for sure be attending the races this year.
We also have a few other guys(if they don't BS) coming down to.
Flojo being one also 3 other guys 2 of which already have cars and the other looking to purchase one.

Should be a really fun season, going to keep looking for new guys to come down
Bobby's running the races this year? Is he using Russ's AMB system or?
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Yea I've been gone lately out the state and actually just got back from Europe.
Been slowly getting my cars ready for the season to start.
I honestly can't wait , I think ill literally be they every day for the first week or 2 lol

Lesh is still around and he will for sure be attending the races this year.
We also have a few other guys(if they don't BS) coming down to.
Flojo being one also 3 other guys 2 of which already have cars and the other looking to purchase one.

Should be a really fun season, going to keep looking for new guys to come down
Bobby's running the races this year? Is he using Russ's AMB system or?
The races are being run by the Hobby Stop West via Bobby and the One-Eighth Racers club via yours truly. We have our own MyLaps(AMBRC) system. We will be back to using JLap software. Russ decided on passing the duties over to someone else. So we better watch out this year because all of his energy will be concentrated on racing.

Russ might if he could bring house transponder just in case. We will not have any to supply to the racers. I Don't think they were needed much if at all last season.

Last edited by rcwck; 03-22-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Just a PSA

Bruckner Hobbies this year have reduced prices on Alphas and Sweeps EXP's
Both are now $24.99 a pair. I'm sure if you've been looking around for tires you know that's pretty much unbeatable prices especially with free priority shipping(usually 2-day)

I've ordered from them literally dozens of times and Tom and his employees have always came through. Really great company to support and keep around.
No reason to purchase tires any place else
Yeah, I noticed all prices have dropped and that is great news. I see Bruckner's finally gonna do something about updating their crappy webstore site, bout time. Custom mounted direct from Sweep are the same price. They are not much more expensive that the top of the mark for the tiny 1/10 sedan wheels and tires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.