Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motorama 2011 1/8th Scale Rumor

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

+1 on motorama not needing R/C and it shows..this event is geared toward 1:1 size and go-carts..If you want to see a r/c event check out http://www.rcx.com/ here is where it needs to happen IMO

On a side note how deep is the flood water around the farm complex??
Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 338lapua09
+1 on motorama not needing R/C and it shows..this event is geared toward 1:1 size and go-carts..If you want to see a r/c event check out http://www.rcx.com/ here is where it needs to happen IMO

On a side note how deep is the flood water around the farm complex??
Not being a smart ass but your right. The Motorama show is I think on 30 to 35 years now and at least 10 years plus without R/C anything and it survived. The out of town guys only see the last few years but since they are not from around here 90% of them don't know what has been going on for 35 years and that it won't matter honestly if nitro or electric is their as like anything the R/C show is replaceable.

Not sure how deep but it always floods on Cameron and Maclay streets anyways so that isn't too knew but I'm sure this time its worse than the average but still manageable and especially since they knew it was coming.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If the electric event moves into the large arena, does that mean that we will have to race on the horse poop dirt and not our sweet clay? That would really bite the big one.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjlove
If the electric event moves into the large arena, does that mean that we will have to race on the horse poop dirt and not our sweet clay? That would really bite the big one.
as of right now we should be able to use the clay on the 10th scale track will just have to put plywood and plastic down have a meeting in oct with the farm show to know exactly what we can use
Old 09-10-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thhrc
as of right now we should be able to use the clay on the 10th scale track will just have to put plywood and plastic down have a meeting in oct with the farm show to know exactly what we can use
e8 buggy will run on this track/and if so will it be about same size as track frm last year?????
Old 09-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I heard 2 tracks (1/10 scale and 1/8 scale) but one big track would be cool too!!! LCRC is HUGE but we still have a good time with our 1/10 short course trucks as well. With the number of racers each would bring I would think you would have to have 2 tracks to fit everything in time wise.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thhrc
That would be sweet. Don't want that clay to go to waste. I don't get to run on clay that often. Either way, I will be there.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Psycho Nitro Blast. I've been to Motorama and is a great show but Psycho Nitro Blast is the best indoor (nitro and electric) RC race in the country. My favorite part of Motorama is all the stuff you can do other than RC. If nitro at Motorama is done then that sucks. Spend your time and money at PNB if the rumors pan out. You won't regret your trip to Georgia.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EastCoasterVa
Psycho Nitro Blast. I've been to Motorama and is a great show but Psycho Nitro Blast is the best indoor (nitro and electric) RC race in the country. My favorite part of Motorama is all the stuff you can do other than RC. If nitro at Motorama is done then that sucks. Spend your time and money at PNB if the rumors pan out. You won't regret your trip to Georgia.
Sweet!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

All i can say is, " Firemarshall, Go pound sand!"

See you guys in ATL
Old 09-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=wyd;9636780]Not being a smart ass but your right. The Motorama show is I think on 30 to 35 years now and at least 10 years plus without R/C anything and it survived. The out of town guys only see the last few years but since they are not from around here 90% of them don't know what has been going on for 35 years and that it won't matter honestly if nitro or electric is their as like anything the R/C show is replaceable.

QUOTE]

Motorama originally started as a Farm Tractor convention that grew into a pissing contest to see who had a bigger tractor. Eventually it turned into a race car expo and evolved into what it is today. A place where racers from around the East coast and Canada Can Run in late winter. Yes things come and go, but to say Nitro is replacable... Well 400+ entries for 3 classes to the electric guys 7 or so classes. You can go pound sand too!
I guess us 400 nitro entries will take our 25G's and do something else. Have fun in the fresh air. I'm going to go contaminate my lungs with the smell of a hobby I love!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

QUOTE]

Motorama originally started as a Farm Tractor convention that grew into a pissing contest to see who had a bigger tractor. Eventually it turned into a race car expo and evolved into what it is today. A place where racers from around the East coast and Canada Can Run in late winter. Yes things come and go, but to say Nitro is replacable... Well 400+ entries for 3 classes to the electric guys 7 or so classes. You can go pound sand too!
I guess us 400 nitro entries will take our 25G's and do something else. Have fun in the fresh air. I'm going to go contaminate my lungs with the smell of a hobby I love![/QUOTE]

"Go pound sand"???? Now that's the type of wonderful responses that I'm sure won't be missed by anyone at motorama this year!!!!!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boss429
QUOTE]

I guess us 400 nitro entries will take our 25G's and do something else. Have fun in the fresh air. I'm going to go contaminate my lungs with the smell of a hobby I love!
"Go pound sand"???? Now that's the type of wonderful responses that I'm sure won't be missed by anyone at motorama this year!!!!![/QUOTE]

He was talking about the nitro naysayers "but to say Nitro is replacable". I've known Jerm for a while and he is a stand up guy.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Why would Jerm care if anyone from motorama see's his post if theres not gonna be any more nitro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.