R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Motorama 2011 1/8th Scale Rumor (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/547811-motorama-2011-1-8th-scale-rumor.html)

fievel 09-03-2011 06:29 PM

Motorama 2011 1/8th Scale Rumor

I have been hearing rumors lately that Motorama will only be electric next year. I hope this is not the case. I am an ebuggy guy, but only allowing electric vehicles will really hurt this event. I have heard this rumor from a few people at different tracks but no one seems to be able to conclusively say if there is any truth to it. i don't want this to start a flame war between the electric guys and the nitro guys. I just want to know what is going on for next year.

VandelayInc 09-03-2011 06:36 PM

Guess you enjoy wearing gas mask in the arena. :( Purpose of an event like motorama is to introduce people to our sport...hoping they get involved and help our sport grow. No one can stand to watch nitro at motorama for more than 3 secs with all those freakin fumes. Doesnt do any good to run nitro there.

Pete Martinez 09-03-2011 06:38 PM

I herd same rumor in the begining of summer but dont know if its true. If so wow that would suck hard, just when all the pro came to the event. This past year was the biggest event in the northeast, if its true.:cry::cry:

VandelayInc 09-03-2011 06:44 PM

Pros will still show...nitro isnt wat it was a few yrs ago...plus read my above post.

alexrckid 09-03-2011 06:52 PM

man, if the rumors true, that would stink.......been to motorama for the last 3 years racing NITRO PMT and NITRO TRUGGY........oh well....well see.

VandelayInc 09-03-2011 06:59 PM

ill still wear my gas mask in memory of it:smile:

JUD 09-03-2011 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by VandelayInc (Post 9611937)
Pros will still show...nitro isnt wat it was a few yrs ago...plus read my above post.

No..... nitro is even better!!!:nod: There are still people who love nitro even thou electric is growing.... It wont surpass nitro by no means....:tire:

mdhyams 09-03-2011 10:21 PM

nitro

I heard the same thing about 4 months ago. I was told the fire marshall told them they would need a better air handler system to run nitro indoors. I would think some big positive pressure fans would work. These fan are vary high speed and produce a lot of air flow. We used them on the Fire Department to air out buildings after a fire.

Mikey-B 09-04-2011 04:17 AM

im assuming they are prolly afraid of getting sued. the fumes in there are unbearable at times. i wore a respirator at motorama......friday the pre-filters were white and by sunday they were black and dark yellow. lol, and i went four years straight. No nitro....no motorama for me.....hope they get it worked out.

338lapua09 09-04-2011 05:00 AM

I thought they did a way better job with the fumes last year...so it should only get better..I know years before that I could not under stand how they were not stut down with the fumes rolling into the building lobby and all the way to the arena area..but last years was wayyyyyy better...IMO

Plus the races on the nitro side were awesone ...and bonus with no lines too wait in everything moved right along and fast..did not see that over in the electric ...sorry but true..

JC@TSCM 09-04-2011 05:55 AM

2012 Motorama Nitro

I heard the same thing last week! Also not sure if it's true or not. Was going to run nitro this year. The Electric race was great, just took way to long!

You would think a huge place like that with all the money that take in would be able to spend a 100k for a ventilation system that would suck the people off the drivers stand.

I looked at the Motorama site and it still shows the start and entry times for 2012 Nitro, just have to wait and see what's going to happen.

alexrckid 09-04-2011 06:12 AM

betcha the RUMOR was started by am electric guy.....

TonyWest 09-04-2011 06:38 AM

The rumor started the second the event ended this year. As with with most issues in the world it always stems back to money. After all these years of running the event it seems that the profit levels are not equal to the other venues. If they do go forward with the 1/8th side I will go as racer only pitting out of my t-8 bag

VandelayInc 09-04-2011 08:30 AM

rumor is officials wanna use that space for something else. Nitro RC there isnt cutting it profit was. Prolly RC in a whole isnt cutting it...but they will be put in a smaller section from what my sources are telling me. We'll hafta to wait and see though if this holds true.

Mikey-B 09-04-2011 12:30 PM

that would suck completely if there is no nitro at motorama.......on the bright side, ill save a wad of cash.