Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motorama 2011 1/8th Scale Rumor

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'd say many of the guys that were here for nitro are running E-buggy as well, I travel to most of the tracks around the area and see nitro #'s falling & E-buggys growing (Truggy not so much). So...the hit to entries may not be as bad as is feared.

I am sorry to see you guys lose a venue, but i won't miss you...
Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

.... No longer a rumor.... thread dead
Old 09-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey-B
.... No longer a rumor.... thread dead
lol
Old 09-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I know this is about Motorama, etc. The last few pages have been filled with comments about nitro numbers declining. I think this is an east coast thing. Did anyone see any of the the ROAR 1/8 electric nationals this weekend? The turnout was nothing spectacular. Electric appears to have caught on here more than the west coast even though the nationals were in the middle of the country.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jjlove
lol
lol.... wsup JJ
Old 09-12-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mikey-B
lol.... wsup JJ
Same old thing. You know me....racing my short course.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Default NItro racing situation at Motorama

Hi Everyone,

My name is Scotty Ernst and I was the organizer of the Nitro Side of Motorama last year. I have just spent some time reading through all the comments left here in the thread and I wanted you guys to hear it directly from me on what the situation is and the conditions moving forward for 2012 Motorama.

Last years Motorama was an amazing event. Nearly 1000 RC racers doing what we all love so very much. Racing and enjoying our hobby. From the 1/10th electric track, the nitro, Drift, Rock Crawling, MR had it all. But like anything in life, some things need to change.

I was asked last year to come onto the team for MR and change the way the Nitro event was organized and ran. We had a great event. Amazing number of entries and fantastic racing, but the problem that MR has worked to resolve through the years with the nitro event was the fumes. The MR organizers and Arena staff tried numerous exhaust systems through the years trying to keep the fumes to a minimum but it was a very difficult battle that unfortunately we lost.

So going into this years event, the Fire Marshall has had to put his foot down and not allow the Nitro portion of MR to take place this year. The poor air quality and health concerns were to great for him to look the other way anymore and could not risk any problems.

So you year it here now officially, I am sorry to say no nitro event at next years MR.

Now nobody is more disappointed in this decision than myself. My team and I poured everything we had into last years event to make it the best. The Nitro event was not only for the racers, but it is ran to also give the spectators more options for entertainment at the MR event. But with the poor conditions, spectators could not enjoy the nitro event and some even after watching for even a short time complained about the conditions. So I do understand the decision the Fire Marshal made and I have to respect it.

So where does this leave us, It brings us to a time of change. Change does not always go the way everyone wants in life, but the change we have planned for MR, we think will be a great new beginning for the future of MR.

We will be running 2 Electric tracks. The main 1/10th track which in the past was in the area with many poles in the inside of the track, it will be moved to a much larger and free standing area. This area will be the area where the Nitro pits were housed last year. This area is very large and and will make for a far better area for building the track and holding the 1/10 portion of the RC and again it has NO POLES! Some post on here were worried that changes would mean different dirt, but I am happy to let everyone know that we will still be using the same clay that we have used in the past.

The second track will be built in the arena area where the Nitro track was in the past. This track will be used for 1/8th Electric buggies, 1/8th Truggies and 4wd Short Course racing. Now with the spectator seating in the arena and spectators actually being able to sit in the arena and enjoy the spectacle of 1/8th racing. This will make for a fantastic combination of racing.

Also housed in the arena will be the Rock Crawling area as well as the RC Pits for both tracks. What the MR organizers are trying to do is make 1 key area for the RC portion of the MR. Now if we look at this from a exhibition side of RC. With not having nitro going in the arena, the doors to the main spectator walkway can now be left open and welcome thousands and thousands of spectators into our world of racing. This will ad another great aspect to the RC side of MR. Trust me, if you are on the drivers stand racing and now you have hundreds of people watching and cheering on the race, it ads a whole new level and feeling to our hobby. Now we have the chance to make this happen.

Both tracks will run at the same time. Racers will have the option to race classes on both tracks. Sure there is a chance that you would be up at the same time on both tracks, but if that does happen, we will make adjustments to ensure everyone gets to race there races.

Another great part of the 2012 MR is that it will be the return of 1/5th Scale racing in the main Motocross Arena. More info to come on this.

I will be the overall organizer and race director of both RC tracks this year which is something I am very excited about. Obviously I cannot be at both tracks at once, but I will be bringing with me my tag team partner Charlie Suagnka who is a very well versed and experienced race director and announcer. Charlie has worked with me for many years in other events I produce and will be a great addition to our team.

I will be starting a new thread for the 2012 Motorama and will make further announcements regarding the race, classes, entries ect on that thread.

ENTRIES WILL GO LIVE NOVEMBER 1ST AT:
WWW.MOTORAMAEVENTS.COM

To my fellow nitro lovers, I feel your pain. I know how you love the smell of nitro in the morning, but everything was tried by the MR organizers and this is the situation. I hope that if you have joined us before for MR and enjoy the overall experience of being able to enjoy the car show, Motocross and Quad racing in the arena, go karts plus all the other great things MR has to offer, you will break out some electric cars and join in the fun. For those that choose not to, I also understand and respect that very much but ask that you don't go on here flaming the MR team. We are all in this to promote the RC Hobby and give racers and spectators the best show we can, we have to roll with the punches that are thrown our way and I hope you respect what we are doing to try and give the best RC experience at MR.

If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a post or email me directly at [email protected]

I look forward to seeing many of you at the 2012 Motorama.

Thank you,
Scotty Ernst
Old 09-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the official word. I look forward to the revamped event. If 4x4 short course will be run on the big track, will 1/8th scale short course be run also like the sc8 or slayer?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

TTT
Old 09-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

New thread here...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...tty-ernst.html
Old 10-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

wow very sad to hear the news the event was canned for nitro guys i went for the first time last year and had the best time ive ever had at a big nitro event..i didnt find the fumes to too hatefull at all..seems like gas racing is need of new technologies.its too bad someone hasnt come up with a engine that produces less emmissions than the nitro versions...with that said

the age old argument between nitro and electric just burns me...if you dont race or even like nitro then shut up and stay out of it it doesent concern you..although i have to question the masculinty of any red blooded male that doesent like the sound ,smell and excitement of nitro racing..i race electric more than i race nitro but only because of the lack of nitro events on a regular basis..my passion will always lie with racing nitro buggy..to me everything else is just practice...all you electric pansies need to hush up and stop using every opprutunity you get to bash nitro racing just to promote electric..

scotty you did a great job last year and im sure the electric side will be even better this year with you running it..

i personally wish the best for the electric guys this year motorama is a great event to attend...