Like Tree28Likes

Big C's Prayer Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Prayers have been sent....
In response to your excellent question, I would say most Christians (not being judgmental) would have a hard time overcoming the instinct of self preservation at the moment. Having a gun to your head may end your worldly sufferings quickly or cause a world of suffering to begin. I am not sure if everyone has the same gift of courage. Are those people who have accepted Christ not full Christians also? I am asking this respectfully.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenmtb
Prayers have been sent....
In response to your excellent question, I would say most Christians (not being judgmental) would have a hard time overcoming the instinct of self preservation at the moment. Having a gun to your head may end your worldly sufferings quickly or cause a world of suffering to begin. I am not sure if everyone has the same gift of courage. Are those people who have accepted Christ not full Christians also? I am asking this respectfully.
Brother Ken,

You bring up an excellent question here and not being judgmental at all because only GOD has that right and authority. If you remember this ..................

Luke 22:54-62English Standard Version (ESV)

Peter Denies Jesus
54 Then they seized him and led him away, bringing him into the high priest's house, and Peter was following at a distance. 55 And when they had kindled a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat down together, Peter sat down among them. 56 Then a servant girl, seeing him as he sat in the light and looking closely at him, said, “This man also was with him.” 57 But he denied it, saying, “Woman, I do not know him.” 58 And a little later someone else saw him and said, “You also are one of them.” But Peter said, “Man, I am not.” 59 And after an interval of about an hour still another insisted, saying, “Certainly this man also was with him, for he too is a Galilean.” 60 But Peter said, “Man, I do not know what you are talking about.” And immediately, while he was still speaking, the rooster crowed. 61 And the Lord turned and looked at Peter. And Peter remembered the saying of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” 62 And he went out and wept bitterly.

Peter Denies Jesus straight out said he dont now Jesus do to fear and am sure it would NOT be a eazy thing to do if someone is pointing a gun to your head and asking you if your a follower of Christ and if so are you ready to die for HIM or your faith ?

Now your question on people who have accepted Christ not full Christians also? ........... Again God is the only one to know what is in everyone's heart and what GOD do they really worship, but being a so-called FULL christian If you aspect Christ as your LORD and SAVIOR and ask for HIS forgiveness and believe in your heart that HE rose from the grave, then you are saved. But we have the power to walk away from Christ and our relationship with HIM or walk away from our Salvation .

Also check this out ........... Jesus also said this in Revelation 3:16 *16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. *

So as my Pastor says Christian men are to be 100 for Christ not perfect not without failures and mistakes but keep it 100 meaning give Christ 100% even it your 100% is only 40% GOD will make up the other 60% through HIS grace and mercy.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers, yesterday we met with our chemo and radiation drs for follow up on pet scan last week, GOD IS GOOD and has answered prayers, no cancer was found, my wife still has to do follow ups every 3 months and has lost her job as a nahpc certified hospice cna because she still has fatigue and will not be able to return by the end of her 12 week fmla (5-30-17) but god must have other plans for her
Old 06-02-2017, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hunternaf
I would like to thank everyone for their prayers, yesterday we met with our chemo and radiation drs for follow up on pet scan last week, GOD IS GOOD and has answered prayers, no cancer was found, my wife still has to do follow ups every 3 months and has lost her job as a nahpc certified hospice cna because she still has fatigue and will not be able to return by the end of her 12 week fmla (5-30-17) but god must have other plans for her
AMEN AMEN and AMEN hunter praise GOD and yes GOD has other plans for her and remember HE is our provider and know our needs will be met.

Prayer: Father GOD thank you for the favor you gave Hunter's wife on her doctors report. Now Father you know their needs and as they trust in You, we know that you will bless them with the blessing and provision that they need.

In Jesus name AMEN
Old 06-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

This thread is very important to me, when I get done at work and with my chores at home its time to look at email stuff hoping to see another post notification, Big C you are an inspiration along with other people that post on here, I believe in prayer and that the more prayers sent to God the better the results even it it is not always the answer we were asking for
Old 06-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hunternaf
This thread is very important to me, when I get done at work and with my chores at home its time to look at email stuff hoping to see another post notification, Big C you are an inspiration along with other people that post on here, I believe in prayer and that the more prayers sent to God the better the results even it it is not always the answer we were asking for
All glory be to GOD Bro and I have nothing but love for you and yours. Keep strong and lets keep praying for one another because this is part of our christian walk and life.

God's words states ! Matthew 18:20 (GNT) For where two or three come together in my name, I am there with them."
Old 06-06-2017, 02:46 AM
Tech Master

As I grew older I learned that it is not about God needing anything. It is about us and our focus in this life. When we magnify and uplift God in praise and worship, changes happen in our own life. God becomes real to you and His presence becomes tangible. If you praise Him enough, He will soon show up just as He did with Jehoshaphat. When they began to praise God, their enemies turned on each other and Israel spent the next three days picking up free stuff.

We live in a darkening world, yet God will have the final say. Dont let whats on the news shape your view of Gods power. If you focus on problems, they will grow bigger and soon God will appear smaller and smaller. If you praise God, focus on Him and His word, He will grow bigger and your problems will grow smaller.

Praise the Lord today and forget about problems. They are nothing but distractions. Stop worrying about what you cannot change in this world. Spend that time praising and thanking God for what He has already done in your life. Start with: God, You are Awesome!

Prayer: Father help me see past the problems. I know that You created the heavens and the earth and you are in control of what happens in my life. Please let Your peace rest on me today. Send the Comforter, in Jesus name I pray.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Big C, you have PM. :-)
Old 06-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tmail55
Big C, you have PM. :-)
Thank you my Brother, your the man.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Default 9 things that happen when you pray for others ............

9 things that happen when you pray for others ...................

1. Added Power

Matthew 18:15–20 may be one of the more misunderstood texts in the New Testament. That often quoted promise “where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them” (Matthew 18:20) comes at the end of a section on church discipline and when a “brother sins against you” (Matthew 18:15). The context is not exactly small-group prayer.

However, Jesus does appeal to a deeper principle here, which is a benefit of praying together. He says “anything” — “if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask . . .” (Matthew 18:19). There is added power when we unite with brothers and sisters in Christ to join our hearts and make our collective requests to our Father.

2. Multiplied Joy

Here we make explicit what we already said above: When we share the joy of prayer, we increase our joy in prayer. When we make a regular practice of praying together with fellow believers, we avail ourselves of a channel of joy we otherwise would be neglecting. And by praying with others, not only do we add to our joy in God, but also to theirs. And when we work with others for their joy (2 Corinthians 1:24), we again increase our own.

“When we share the joy of prayer, we increase our joy in prayer.” Tweet Share on Facebook
3. Greater Glory to God

Our multiplied joy in God then makes for multiplied glory to God — because, as John Piper says, God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. When we understand gratitude to him in terms of his glory (in light of Romans 1:21, where giving thanks to him is connected to honoring him), then 2 Corinthians 1:11 makes this truth explicit as it relates to prayer: “You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.” Praying together not only adds power to the request, but also gets others involved and so brings more glory for the Giver when he answers.

4. More Fruitful Ministry and Mission

God means for us to pray for each other in our various ministries and manifestations of our great shared Commission. Paul modeled this when he asked the churches to pray for his gospel work (Romans 15:30–32; 2 Corinthians 1:11; Ephesians 6:18–20; Colossians 4:3–4; 2 Thessalonians 3:1). He was more than able to pray these things himself, and doubtless he did, but he anticipated there would be greater fruitfulness in the work when others joined him in prayer for it.

5. Unity Among Believers

Praying together is one of the single most significant things we can do to cultivate unity in the church. There is a unity that is a given to those who are partners in Christ and share spiritual life in him. Acts 1:14 says it was “with one accord” that the first Christians “were devoting themselves to prayer.” Already we have “the unity of the Spirit,” and yet we are to be “eager to maintain” it (Ephesians 4:3). So praying together is both an effect of the unity we share in Christ, and it is a cause for deeper and richer unity. It is not only a sign that unity already exists among the brothers, but also a catalyst for more.

6. Answers We Otherwise Wouldn’t Get

James 5:14–16, and many other texts, implies that there are some answers to prayer we simply would not get without involving others in our praying.

Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
God means for some answers to prayer to wait for others to join with us in the plea. Often we pray alone for our personal needs, and God is pleased to answer. But at times, his means include the leaders of the church, or a special “prayer of faith,” or just the humble prayer of a fellow sinner made righteous in Christ.

7. To Learn and Grow in Our Prayers

Plain and simple, the best way to learn to pray is to pray with others, especially those who have had their prayers shaped by the Scriptures. Listen for those around you who are acquainted enough with God in prayer as to regularly draw others into communion with him through their praises and petitions. Give careful attention to their approach to God, the kinds of things they thank him for and ask him for, and how they keep others in mind in the corporate setting.

And even beyond what we’re conscious of, we’re being shaped in profound ways for good as we join our hearts with others in prayer.

8. To Know Each Other

One of the best ways to get to know a fellow believer is to pray together. It is in prayer, in the conscious presence of God, that we’re most likely to let our façades fall. We hear others’ hearts in prayer like nowhere else.

When we pray together, not only do we reveal what most captures our hearts and truly is our treasure, but as we pray together, says Jack Miller, “You can tell if a man or woman is really on speaking terms with God” (see Tim Keller, Prayer, 23).

9. To Know Jesus More

Saving the best for last, the greatest benefit is that we know Jesus better when we pray together, in his name, with fellow lovers of him. With our limited vision and perspective, there are aspects of Christ we’re prone to see with more clarity than others. Our own experiences and personalities emphasize some features of his glory and make us blind to others. And so Tim Keller observes, “By praying with friends, you will be able to hear and see facets of Jesus that you have not yet perceived” (Prayer, 119).

And since the great point of prayer is not getting things from God, but getting God, perhaps this benefit alone is enough to inspire you for that next opportunity to pray with company.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Default A little funny for the prayer room ............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjolJ2d9z-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOVyRd3Mw3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dON-pNdKaTA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz17Ugnz6rg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVBBpM-SXX4

* just adding some funnies in the prayer room.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Default Prayer for today/weekend

Prayer: Father speak to ALL of us in a way that we understand. Help us hear Your voice and guide us today. I invite You to actively participate in my life and look forward to hearing from You, in the name of Jesus I pray.

Jesus said that His sheep would hear His voice and that they would follow Him. "And a stranger, they would not follow" (John 10:5). God speaks to His people individually and collectively. Often we are so concerned on being deceived that we ignore everything in order to play it safe. Jesus said that you would hear His voice and that is what will help protect you from being deceived, hearing His voice, that quickening in your spirit that something is not right.

There are three things Jesus mentioned here: 1) My sheep hear My voice. 2) I know them. 3) They follow Me. To those He will give eternal life, they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of His hand. This is all a part of the Christian life, hearing the Lord speak, having a relationship with Him, obeying Him as best you can.

We are often looking to hear an audible voice and ignoring the other hundred ways that the Lord is already speaking to us. Sometimes when you pray about something a scripture that you read you may reveal something new, you may see a picture in your mind that has meaning, hear the words to a song, suddenly remember the words that a friend once told you, get an email on the subject, see a dove outside your window, have a dream, maybe even hear an audible voice. I have experienced all of these in my own life at some point.

There is no set pattern, and the Lord speaks to each of us differently, but He does speak. Its personal, and I have had the Lord speak to me in terms that only a computer technician would understand. Use common sense. If you read Judas went and hanged himself and then hear Go and do likewise, DON'T. Youre smarter than that.

When you pray, take a moment to listen. Flip open a Bible and read the page that it falls on, you may be surprised what you find. Refine your relationship with the Lord and remember that His sheep hear His voice. Practice hearing the Lords voice now. It is never too late to start and never too early to begin. In the days that are coming, you will be thankful that you did.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Default Father help us men believe we can do anything ........

Just a pray for every men of GOD .............

Father help us men of GOD believe in our hearts that we can do everything and anything through your Son.

Philippians 4:13, NIRV I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength.

I'm here to tell you that no matter what your circumstances, you have a contribution to make.

Life can seem cruel. Sometimes the bad breaks pile up, and you just can't see a way out. The fact is you and I have limited vision. We can't possibly see what lies ahead. My encouragement to you is that what lies ahead may be far better than anything you ever thought possible.

Too often bad stuff happens to people no matter how good they are. It may not be fair that you weren't born into a life of ease, but if that is your reality, you have to work with it.

You may stumble. Others may doubt you, but if God's words says we can do all things then why do we believe it ?
Old 06-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

I often tell people God provides for our needs, not all of our wants, and if God would have known I could have been trusted with a fortune I would have been born of different parents, but I wasn't and god has blessed me with the ability to earn a living that for the last 10 yrs is more like a dream. I can not believe I get to earn a living helping others and often am able to share my faith quite often as a hospice nurse
Old 06-17-2017, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

and yes I have endured many bad experiences that most people will never have to endure in this world, but it will all be good when I get to spend an eternity in heaven, which will make time in this world seem like a blink of an eye, even if I live to be 100

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.