Like Tree28Likes

Big C's Prayer Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kenmtb
Thank you for the detailed reply. I don't want to come across wrong, but I have not sensed any communication except perhaps punishment. I have asked many times for strength, guidance and I guess a "calling". In the end I have not really heard anything back that I can decipher. Is it possible to be spiritually hard of hearing. Perhaps we dont hear what we dont want to hear and blunder along in rebellion anyway. Right now all I hear is the noise and static of this world I am stuck in. I need to amplify GOD's communication channel. Sorry for rambling.
No need to be apologize about anything and one thing GOD does NOT do and that is communicate punishment, that is a lie from the pit of hell. You not alone when you feel you dont hear back from GOD I think every christian man and woman will feel that and that is because we have to seek and hear GOD in spirit and in truth not our emotions or feelings.

Staying in the WORD of GOD is one of the best ways to hear back from GOD and also it will give us conformation. One of the ways I hear back from GOD is staying in the word and staying in church.

Its like I could of prayed and prayed and prayed till my knees bleed and nothing and weeks or even months later BAM !!! It seems like my pastor is talking to me only out of everyone in the service. Sometimes I want to skinned down in my seat and hind and other times I want to jump for joy because I got the answer or path I need or the words/ conformation that give me new hope !

Again praying in your prayer closet or finding a quite place to pray , praising HIM from sun up to sun down, fasting giving up something for GOD so you can hear from GOD.

The noise and static of this world that you hear is exactly just that, the world and its prince ( we all know who that is ) is trying to keep you from your relationship, purpose and GOD hope and will for you.

Last edited by BigC2007; 05-12-2017 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Well men of GOD I pray that everyone reading this will have a blessed, safe and wonderful weekend filled with GOD's grace and favor.

P.S Also for those going to church this Sunday open up your ears and heart, dont know who am talking to but someone is going to get an answer they so deeply need.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it is a blessing to be able to read your wisdom Big C
Old 05-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hunternaf
it is a blessing to be able to read your wisdom Big C
Thanks hunter, just want to be a blessing and help out when I can and if I can and all this so God gets the glory.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Yes thank you for passing on GOD's word. The fasting is something that I have not heard much about except for Lent. Very interesting however.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Yes thank you for passing on GOD's word. The fasting is something that I have not heard much about except for Lent. Very interesting however.
Your welcome Brother Ken, just trying to be a blessing to others and help as much as I can. You mention lent so I take it you are following *catholic doctrine * ?

Fasting is the most powerful spiritual discipline of all the Christian disciplines. Through fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit can transform your life.

Fasting and prayer can also work on a much grander scale. According to Scripture, personal experience and observation, I am convinced that when God's people fast with a proper Biblical motive – seeking God's face not His hand – with a broken, repentant, and contrite spirit, God will hear from heaven and heal our lives, our churches, our communities, our nation and world. Fasting and prayer can bring about revival – a change in the direction of our nation, the nations of earth and the fulfillment of the Great Commission.

The awesome power can be released through you as you fast through the enabling of the Holy Spirit.

Fasting is one of the most neglected spiritual admonitions. In fact, it has been ignored for so long that it is difficult to find information on the “how-to's”
Old 05-15-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Default A little More On Fasting

Christian fasting isn't some kind of a "work" that's commanded by Christ or required by Scripture. However, that doesn't mean that fasting isn't recommended as a part of our spiritual growth. The Book of Acts records believers fasting before they made important decisions (Acts 13:4; 14:23). Fasting and prayer are often linked together (Luke 2:37; 5:33). Too often, the focus of fasting is on the lack of food. However, the purpose of fasting is to take our eyes off the things of this world and instead focus on God. Fasting is a way to demonstrate to God and to ourselves that we are serious about our relationship with Him. Although fasting in Scripture is almost always a fasting from food, there are other ways to fast. Anything you can temporarily give up in order to better focus on God can be considered a fast (1 Corinthians 7:1-5). Fasting should be limited to a set time, especially when the fasting is from food. Extended periods of time without eating are harmful to the body. Fasting is not intended to punish our flesh, but to focus on God.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ominex
Things are pretty dark for me right now. I know the outcome probably won't be favorable but please pray that I have strength to get through it and that things get better. Also pray for my family and girlfriend. Thank you for this post. God bless.
Originally Posted by hunternaf
I can also use some prayer from the THR family, my wife of 25 yrs is battling cancer. It was discovered early st 2 and is supposed to be cured with 8 weeks of chemo and radiation tx, but we know it is in gods hands and she has many praying
Glad I found this nook. Looks like there are some nice people in here. If I may ask, how do you know what GOD is "calling" you to do?
Ominex, Hunter and Ken,

As I pray for my Brother for some reason this song came into mind hope you enjoy it and the words/lyrics speak to your heart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyxZcISJ-2o

lyrics :
[Verse 1]
No where to go, at the end of the road
But I know You can save me
Made some mistakes, and I am to blame
But I know You can change me

[Pre-Chorus]
So here I am, crying out Lord
Please save me this time
I know You can, so here I am, Lord

[Chorus 1]
I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same
No I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same
I'm no longer the same
I'm no longer the same

[Verse 1]
No where to go, at the end of the road
But I know You can save me
Made some mistakes, and I am to blame
But I know You can change me

[Pre-Chorus]
So here I am, crying out Lord
Please save me this time
I know You can, so here I am, Lord

[Chorus 2]
I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same
I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same
I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same
I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same

[Bridge]
Need You to change me
Fill me, with Your power, Lord
No I won't let go
'Til You change me, and fill me, Lord
I need You to change me
I won't let go
Until You change me, and fill me, Lord
I need You to change me
I won't let go
Until You change me, and fill me, Lord

[Chorus 2]
I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same
I won't let go
Until You bless my soul
Until You change my name
I'm no longer the same

[Outro]
I won't let go
I won't let go
I won't let go
I won't let go
Old 05-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Hey my Brother's Big C needs prayers for my wife, please lift her up on a good doctors report coming up and healing through our Saviors Strips !! Also she is seeking a new job as well so your prayers are much needed and appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the lesson on fasting and for your nice words.
I have been praying for you, Hunter and Ominex. I can't imagine what it must be like to have spouses/girlfriends who are not well like that.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Thank you for the lesson on fasting and for your nice words.
I have been praying for you, Hunter and Ominex. I can't imagine what it must be like to have spouses/girlfriends who are not well like that.
Thank you my Brother Ken and yes its very hard to deal with and see a love one going through illness, but God is good and in control no matter what it looks like.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Thank you my Brother Ken and yes its very hard to deal with and see a love one going through illness, but God is good and in control no matter what it looks like.
Yes he is in control. I guess when people talk about "faith" it means trust that GOD is perfect and he is always doing what is best even if things seem rough.
Old 05-18-2017, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Yes he is in control. I guess when people talk about "faith" it means trust that GOD is perfect and he is always doing what is best even if things seem rough.
^^^^^ You hit the nail dead on the head my Brother !
Old 05-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Weekend Prayer

Men of GOD I pray that everyone reading this will have a blessed weekend, filled with GOD's mercy, grace and protection for you and your family. Stay prayed up and always give GOD all thanks and glory.
kenmtb likes this.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Big C, I praying for your wife's medical reports and finding the right job,and for other request on this thread
kenmtb likes this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.