Like Tree28Likes

Big C's Prayer Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hunternaf
I often tell people God provides for our needs, not all of our wants, and if God would have known I could have been trusted with a fortune I would have been born of different parents, but I wasn't and god has blessed me with the ability to earn a living that for the last 10 yrs is more like a dream. I can not believe I get to earn a living helping others and often am able to share my faith quite often as a hospice nurse
and yes I have endured many bad experiences that most people will never have to endure in this world, but it will all be good when I get to spend an eternity in heaven, which will make time in this world seem like a blink of an eye, even if I live to be 100
^^^ very well said my Brother and I see you have a grateful and humble spirit and man oh man you are going to have a beautiful mansion in heaven ! Also God will be there for you when needed because of this promise to those that humble themselves in times of hardships.

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you.

Hunter I know you have and your family has came a long way and have endured a lot but the grace that God has for you because of your humble spirit is amazing and others will see that in you and give God glory because of your steadfast and faith that you have in a wonderful Father/God.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Jesus is the Vine, and it is our connection with Him that makes our own life bear fruit. I find that when I spend some quiet time with the Lord before I start my day, pray for a few minutes, read a little scripture and listen, that my day goes so much better. It reminds me of why I am doing this and that I am not just struggling alone in life. After a few minutes alone with the Lord, I am much stronger.

Always include the Lord in Your day. Remember that without Him, you can do nothing of lasting value. Taking just ten minutes to stop, pray and listen, can change your life, those around you, and the world itself.

Prayer: Father strengthen those that read this today and cover us with Your presence. Draw our heart to You Lord and let us see through Your eyes. Use us and make my life count for Your kingdom, in the name of Jesus.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Anyone need prayer at all ? So I take it everyone one is good ? No attacks from the enemy ? If no attacks make sure your on the right team or your walk with the LORD is daily because this world not a friend of God and we are NOT of this world.

Just something to think about.

God Bless
Old 06-22-2017, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

plenty of blessings here
Old 06-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

my daily prayer is for my children and grandchildren would come to know god, as I did not make it a priority when we raised the children
Old 06-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

plenty of blessings here
^^^ Great News
my daily prayer is for my children and grandchildren would come to know god, as I did not make it a priority when we raised the children
Never to late my Brother your prayers will make have God tug at their hearts.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Father GOD to those that stop by this thread and read and pray for me and other I pray today that you will blessed then in a special way, may everything they touch be blessed, may their homes be blessed , my their family be blessed, may their kids be blessed, may their wife/girlfriends be blessed, my their jobs be blessed.

And most of all may we bring you glory today and have a heart of thanksgiving ........... In JESUS name AMEN, AMEN & AMEN
Old 06-27-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the prayers, sent some above for you and yours also, do you have any advise on bible apps
Old 06-27-2017, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

thanks for the prayers, sent some above for you and yours also, do you have any advise on bible apps
Thank you my Brother Hunter, and I like this one .............

And Bible App – Bible App for Android

And Bible is an open source, offline, totally free Bible application with no advertisements to enable as many people in all countries to read, listen to, and study Scripture as easily as possible and with the greatest personal blessing
Old 07-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Default Marriage & Prayer !

I can only be real with everyone that will look at this post and will say that being a man of GOD does NOT make use perfect or will we always do or say the right things.

Marriage is WORK ! and a christian marriage is always under attack, so prayer is every important. For that that may have trouble in their marriage or need to start that spark up all over again the 1s t thing to do is taking to GOD and daily pray for your wife and the protection of your marriage. * please pray for mine*

Most of the Christian couples that I know do not pray together. I know one Christian brother who flat out refuses to pray together with his wife. He says he prays by himself, but he won't pray together with his wife. Praying with his wife makes him feel too uncomfortable, so he won't pray with her.

I hate to say it, but his views are not uncommon. Very few Christian couples actually take the time to pray together. Pollster George Barna recently reported his findings from interviews with 3,142 randomly selected adults, 1,220 of whom were born-again Christians.

Here are the results of his poll:

Of those who are non-Christian, 23% have seen their marriage go through the devastation of a divorce.

27% of those who call themselves born-again Christians have been divorced.

(That makes the divorce rate higher among Christians than non-Christians.)
Of those who label themselves “Fundamentalist Christians,” 30% have experienced a divorce.

Which do you believe?

1. Prayer important to your relationship with your spouse.
or
2. Prayer is just a formality at mealtimes.

Do you believe that prayer has any real effect on the depth of companionship within your marriage?

In reality, whatever you actually do at present in your home is the clearest revelation of what you truly believe regarding prayer. You may say that prayer is important to your relationship with your spouse, but if you are not doing it, then it is not important to you. When I talk about praying with your spouse, I'm talking about the two of you sitting down together, holding hands, and seriously praying.

You need to pray together daily if possible, in a place and time when you won't have distractions. You may be wondering just why prayer is so important to couples.

I have not met a married couple yet that did not have problems of some type. Some couples have money problems, or in-law problems, or problems with each other, or problems with their children; the list goes on and on. If we as married couples are having this many problems, why aren't we praying together about them? Matthew 18:19 shows how much power a praying couple can have: that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is heaven.

How much do you think you and your spouse could accomplish if you prayed together daily? What would happen to the amount of problems you face as a married couple if you prayed together about them daily? What kind of adults will your children grow into if the two of you prayed together for them daily? Can you see why it is so important for a couple to pray together?

When you and your spouse hold hands and pray together, you are coming before God as a couple. It is not just you praying and it is not just your spouse praying, but the two of you praying together. You are united spiritually before God as a team. You are now operating on the level that God intended for couples to operate on. You are unified, joined together as one, partners together before God. Your prayer as a couple is sweet perfume to God.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

guilty and needed this right now, will try to improve
Old 07-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

guilty and needed this right now, will try to improve
Brother Hunter, God's Word is always on time AMEN and we as men and husbands of GOD will from time to time be guilty or miss the mark when it comes to loving our wife's/girlfriends.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Default In Pursuit of God

1. How do we misinterpret our feelings of God's presence or absence?

All Christians have an understanding of what God's presence is to them. What happens when, like many times in the Bible, God hides his face (Is. 54:8; Ps. 30:7)? Do we recognize the absence or manufacture the presence? We also assume that presence is always pleasurable. Being near to God is linked to euphoria, joy, and ecstasy. While there is no greater joy than the presence of God, being near him in a genuine way will also create fear, awe, and humiliation.

Christians have just as many misconceptions about God's absence as well. We believe that God's absence is always rectifiable—we can always fix it. This is not true. Sometimes God prolongs seasons of absence for years or even decades before closing the gap. Secondly, Christians almost always associate absence with retribution. If God feels far he must be getting back at me for something. But absence may also be the wooing of a lover, the building up of desire, the creation of longing, the reality of being a sojourner, or any number of other purposes.

2. How should we respond when God feels distant?

When I'm traveling for a speaking engagement and my wife doesn't come with me I pursue her. I make phone calls, send text messages, show her pictures of what I'm doing, and pray for her. I do not fabricate my wife's presence when she is absent through fantasy, self-indulgence, or replacement by adultery. The easiest trap we fall into when God feels absent is pretending he is present.

Instead, let us use these moments of absence as a cause for pursuit. Let us push into prayer, fasting, Bible reading, worship, communion, evangelism, fellowship, and meditation with greater zeal. The zeal comes from the fact that we searched for our loved one and found him not. The search does not end until we finally receive his full and immediate presence in heaven.

3. When do you feel most connected to God?

Sometimes it is in worship or morning Bible reading. Sometimes I feel most connected when listening to a song in my car or when taking a quiet walk or repenting to my wife in tears or washing the dishes while whistling. The point is pursuing God and being sensitive to when he is most pleased to draw near to you. Genuine connection to God is established by God.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Default The Fight

Conflict and battles are the stuff of myth and legend, and we love these stories because, well, we can relate. Our lives are filled with mini-versions of this type of drama: Pushing through. Overcoming obstacles.

Fighting.

I am not talking about fighting in a vicious, mean way, but rather in a way that says, "I am responsible for my future. No one else is going to do this for me."

Think of your life as an epic battle.

There are those who will roll up their sleeves and take it on. Others find themselves caught in the middle with no choice but to stand up for themselves. Then there are those who observe life happening all around them, choosing to shrink back in fear, always remaining a spectator.

Every time I faced a transition in life, some sort of struggle invariably ensued. At certain points, I became uneasy, unsettled, like the bottom was going to fall out and my life was about to roll out in scattered pieces onto the floor. During these times, a part of me always wanted to run to the comfort and familiarity of negative thinking—convincing myself of the worst possible scenarios as they played out in my head.

It's okay to indulge in the downward spiral—for a time. For a spell. Perhaps that part is necessary for survival, as if it were the pre-phase of fighting through; a strict requirement necessary for coming to grips with the reality of the situation. But once you've sufficiently wallowed in the mire, it's time to get a grip, and get going.

Here is where you must be prepared to fight.

Some good Christians may not set well with the idea of a good fight. However, anything worthwhile, anything good and true, whether for yourself or for the greater world around you, is going to involve a slugfest of sorts. Growth and progress do not happen by chance or by accident, whether it is your career, your health, your marriage, or your mission. Even when you have a plan—a good plan!—it will take a great deal of determination and unpleasant effort to move it forward.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.