Search
Like Tree2Likes

Can somebody please explain this to me?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

cmotif, you put some well chosen and good words into what i explain below in a less poetic way

Darwinism, creationism and all theories of how man came to evolve are not really relevant to true faith imho.
Jean Paul 2nd once said what i think is the wisest sentence of all matching faith and religion.
Adressing a bunch of scientist about the BigBang, he was quoted as saying "You field of expertise starts the second after the BigBang, Mine is before the Bigbang". This means to me that

Existence implies creation
Creation implies a creator
Creator implies a "great architect of the Universe" : God.

How life evolved to become man is not relevant IMHO.
We are, so we were meant to be.. accidentally or not is irrelevant. When it comes to life, nothing is accidental.

On the topic of attacking faith..

Philosophers are notorious for being agnostic, or even atheists.
However, a more cynical one (Pascal), but not devoid of faith once made the following assumption.

If i chose not to believe and end up wrong, i will lose eternal life. What i lose is thus infinite, since eternal life is endless.
If i chose faith and that i am wrong, I lose nothing.

So by choosing faith, the potential gains are far greater !
So it s a better bet to believe

cheers
Old 04-25-2007, 09:36 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bon Jour, Patriiick. I visited your fine city twice on a couple of missions trips that I was on in Europe when I was in my teens.

I like Pascal. One of your countrymen!

I will be praying for you. You have some unique challenges there in Paris, with it being such a post Christian culture and moral free for all.

Are you part of a good church there? Can you tell me about it, I would love to know.

I miss a lot of things about Paris. There were this great pork sandwiches served out on the street near Notre Dame. Served hot with frites (french fries) over the top. It was sooo good. Miss Yop, Liptonic and Lilt or another soft or another soft drink that we don't get in the States.

Cmotif
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Cmotif,
I praise your stand. human nature is to give in a little to ease the conflict. I had to leave my church this past week over a doctrinal issue. It would of been easy to say "well its ok that they believe this way, I'll just believe this other way and act like we're believing the same". It I went down the road they where leading, it would limit what Christ did on the cross for all men.

Jesus died for all.

Your right people want to believe that theirs many ways to Christ but theirs only one.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

We might go down many paths to find or be lead to Christ but when we find him theirs only on way, Jesus.

P.S.
How's the new Church going? Are you settled in yet? I pray the Lord uses you to do a great work there for Him.

Jeff
Old 04-26-2007, 05:47 PM

The new church is going really quite well. I am enjoying preaching each week. I love the people here. I have been told that my wife and I have brought a lot of the community.

I am actively involved in the youth ministry here. I am looking forward to getting another RC club started here, and it will be off-road.

I have had to do part in 2 funerals, and did 2 other full funerals. I also have done one wedding. That is all since the beginning of October.

One thing that was kind of fun, is that everyone is mad into hunting here, and there are all these wild turkeys around here, but not really anyone knew how to hunt them. So I brought in a Christian brother that I met on another forum who makes custom turkey calls. He came out from Georgia and did a turkey calling seminar for us. It was well attended. Even the non-Christians loved it and wanted him to come back next year. My buddy Alex shared his testimony in part of it, how God had called him. It was powerful. Next year we are going to have him back for a longer seminar and a clinic.

Thanks for asking!

Cmotif
Old 04-27-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Funny you should say that, I'm going turkey hunting in the morning!

Glad to hear it's going well

Jeff
Old 04-27-2007, 08:13 AM

Let me know how your trip goes!

I am going to try to get out Monday.

Cmotif
Old 01-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Tech Initiate

blank

Last edited by Cmotif; 01-07-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: baiting
Old 07-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

i just vomited.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

You should try being Luthern, baptized Episcopalian, with a Catholic father.....

All are very similar, but different. I have been thinking about writing a book about various topics in regards to this and seeing if someone could do a rebuttal book against me to help answer questions that I am sure others wonder.

I fully believe in God and see such an amazing order of the world as we see it. For example every animal (even technically the fly) has 2 eyes and 1 mouth. Plants need CO2 and create Oxygen whereas animals are the exact opposite. There is so much yin and yang, etc...leading to the conclusion that there has to be intelligent design.

I guess my major question of the day would be along the lines of...

God created....and we all know that story and it seems too impossible for there to be just evolution, etc....

So if God is way more complicated than anything we could even begin to understand, etc....and he created the universe, etc... then the question of the day is Who created God or where did God come from, etc....

When I think about this, I always think of the movie Men in Black where there is a whole universe inside of an ornament in a cat's collar.

It seems to me that there are tons of unanswered questions in the bible.

I never scrolled down to this section before. I think it is great.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter

It seems to me that there are tons of unanswered questions in the bible.

I never scrolled down to this section before. I think it is great.
What "unanswered questions" are in the Bible?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default darwin

darwin came up with the (theory of evolution), notice theory, just as an alternative in his mind. he clearly states in his book, Origin of Species, that all his thoughts are an opinion and not fact. in fact darwin did believe that there was a creator. dont believe anything i am saying... look it up and educate yourself please before stating your "facts"
Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

not here.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

The fact is, whether you believe it or not, there is a God and He loves all.
He let his Son die for you and your sins. Now the part that takes faith is do you believe these facts? All can be saved, but you have to believe and make God the leader of your life.
If you become saved it will go well at judgement.
If you choose to go your own way, well lets just say it will not be pleasant.
Remember your Eternity is at stake
God Bless
Old 08-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Since you put it that way. Here is a question in my mind that I am sure has been asked in a rude way. Did Jesus really die on the cross? I cannot wait to get to heaven because I have tons of personal questions....

OK, look at it this way. As I understand it, Jesus came down from heaven, lived a perfect life, tried to educate us to follow his preachings, was crucified, died, was buried. In three days he rose again....

So my question becomes, in the concept of eternity, and the fact that he was resurrected, how was that a big deal? I honestly believe that we must be missing the big picture event such as what transpired during the 3 days where he was fighting in hell and won. That appears to be the cliffnote in the story, but in my mind is the thing that made it possible.

If he died and didn't come back, then it would have been a much bigger deal in my mind. Help me understand.

That is one of the bigger questions that I have of many, many questions.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Interesting video.. beginning is slow.. gets interesting around 2minute mark, stick with it

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/34ySpNl7AJ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/34ySpNl7AJ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by doox00; 10-05-2009 at 09:06 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.